Cancelled Nov 1 - Dec 31 from all but Florida

Lee Cruiser

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcrui
All cruises from U.S. homeports except Port Miami and Port Canaveral
between November 1 and December 31, 2020

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

We continue to work on our plans for our return to sailing, but in 
light of the CDC’s decision to extend its no sail order, we have made the decision to cancel some additional cruises for November and December. Regrettably, this impacts your booked cruise, and for that we apologize.

Throughout this pause, we have said that our return to operations will be gradual and phased in. When the time is right and we are able to resume cruising we plan on starting up our operations in Port Miami and Port Canaveral. Consequently, all cruises scheduled to operate from all other U.S. homeports between November 1 and December 31, 2020 have been cancelled. We know this is disappointing as it impacts your vacation and holiday plans.

As we have offered previously during this pause, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests. We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation using our enhanced value offer, providing a significant onboard credit for use on any future cruise through April 2023.

We have fully automated your ability to make your choice online, avoiding the need to call us. Whether purchased directly from Carnival or from a travel agent, you can submit your request via our online tool, which will also allow for faster processing. Calling us will not expedite your request. If you booked through a travel advisor, they are also fully equipped to help you submit your request and rebook another vacation with your future cruise credit. This letter supersedes any previous offer you received.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcrui

Please make your selection using our online tool here – there is no need to call and unfortunately, given the high volume of bookings impacted by these cancellations coupled with our contact center employees working remotely hold-times are much longer than during normal operations.  Whichever option you select on the form will apply to all guests on your reservation.

This offer is valid until May 31, 2021 for you to make a selection. If no selection is made by then, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are also working to accommodate their passengers.

We continue to work with the industry and regulators on the protocols and procedures that will guide our operations when we can resume sailing. Information is available at the link below or at www.carnival.com/health-and-sailing-updates and we will continue to keep this page updated with the latest news and additional information about our operations.

I want to reiterate that the health and safety of our guests, crew and communities we serve remain the cornerstone of our plans and decisions.  I must also acknowledge that we are grateful for the patience and support of our guests, which has been a huge motivation to our team as we have worked through this unprecedented situation.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimage.carnivalcruiselineemail.com%2Flib%2Ffe9513727761047c7c%2Fm%2F16%2Fbd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg&t=1601559343&ymreqid=aef455aa-135b-1f53-1cc3-4e0f5101c600&sig=7tdkZmDNdnpQ4602ZeWacA--~D
Christine Duffy

1 minute ago, beloum said:

Very odd.    I have a Nov cruise from Miami and a Dec from Pt Canaveral, and I got the cancellation email.    Just a little confused.  

I don't know. Were your cruises longer than 5 days? They said they would do shorter cruises at first.

1) from all but Miami and Canaveral cancelled

2) read email carefully - if you are Miami or Canaveral you can “voluntarily” cancel and receive what officially cancelled cruisers are offered - I missed this first reading through 

3) and I suggest they are not saying they are 100% sure Miami and Canaveral are a go but hoping so and if willing you can still wait and see

We are November 2 out of Miami and hoping. 

Edited by cellfree
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

I don't know. Were your cruises longer than 5 days? They said they would do shorter cruises at first.

My bad didn't read the email close enough.   

Since you are booked on a cruise in this time frame from Port Miami or Port Canaveral we want you to know what this means for you.

Throughout this pause, we have said that our return to operations will be gradual and phased in. When the time is right and we are able to resume cruising we plan on starting up our operations initially from Port Miami and Port Canaveral.   

Further, we realize this impacts holiday plans, including for those booked out of Port Miami and Port Canaveral. Therefore, we will allow guests booked on cruises operating from Port Miami and Port Canaveral in November and December to voluntarily cancel their cruise and receive the same offer that our other guests are receiving.

You are not obligated to make an immediate decision as we have not cancelled your sailing. However, in the event you do not wish to wait for us to finalize our plans, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests. We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation using our enhanced value offer, providing a significant onboard credit for use on any future cruise through April 2023.

So looks like they are still a go ......   for now.  But looks like they are encouraging cancellations by offering the incentive.   Perhaps to limit occupancy?   

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Cruise still [currently] on:

Out of Miami:

Carnival Conquest - 3/4 Day Bahamas

Carnival Sunrise - 4/5 Day Eastern/Western Carib.

Carnival Horizon - 6/8 Day Southern Carib.

Out of Port Canaveral:

Carnival Liberty - 3/4 Day Bahamas

Carnival Elation - 4/5 Day Bahamas/Eastern Carib

Carnival Breeze - 6/7/8 Day Caribbean

• Like 1

Just now, bury me at sea said:

It's good to put to rest the uncertainty over November and December.

Yes, it does for the most part.  Still question whether those two ports will be able to sail.  I'm sure that will be much easier for them to do than trying multiple ports at the same time.  It should give them a good gauge for the future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beloum said:

My bad didn't read the email close enough.   

Further, we realize this impacts holiday plans, including for those booked out of Port Miami and Port Canaveral. Therefore, we will allow guests booked on cruises operating from Port Miami and Port Canaveral in November and December to voluntarily cancel their cruise and receive the same offer that our other guests are receiving.

You are not obligated to make an immediate decision as we have not cancelled your sailing. However, in the event you do not wish to wait for us to finalize our plans, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests. We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation using our enhanced value offer, providing a significant onboard credit for use on any future cruise through April 

I had to read it a few times myself.

I'm booked on the Conquest for Nov 9th, so technically still "on".  If I decided to take advantage of the cancellation and get the $300 credit, can I roll that into an already booked cruise, which already has a $600 credit due to being cancelled previously? 

2 minutes ago, Breezie68 said:

I'm booked on the Conquest for Nov 9th, so technically still "on".  If I decided to take advantage of the cancellation and get the $300 credit, can I roll that into an already booked cruise, which already has a $600 credit due to being cancelled previously? 

You can roll what you paid in but dont get extra obc. Cant stack rebooking obc

• Like 1

Again, this was expected. With a phased in return to cruise, not all ships or ports would return at the same time. This will make it much easier to staff the ships and order provisions. Why are so many surprised by this necessary business decision? 

Way to go, Florida. You can always be counted on to perform just  as we anticipate.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2