Cancelled Nov 1 - Dec 31 from all but Florida

Lee Cruiser

Sailing from two ports, close to their HQ, with limited ships for short trips makes sense as a way for a warm restart.

From Port Canaveral:

Elation -- 4 and 5 night cruises

Liberty -- 3 and 4 nights, all Bahamas

Breeze -- 6-8 night cruises, mix of east, west, south (would not be surprised to see these cancelled or shortened)

From Miami:

Sunrise -- 4-5 nights

Conquest -- 3-night Nassau or 4-night Cozumel

Horizon -- 6 west or 8 south (also would not be surprised to see these shorten or cancel)

An issue with the longer cruises is that they go to more ports, and each country gets a vote on whether to accept them.  If Carnival can get ok from Mexico and The Bahamas, they can operate the shorter cruises.

10 minutes ago, Breezie68 said:

I'm booked on the Conquest for Nov 9th, so technically still "on".  If I decided to take advantage of the cancellation and get the $300 credit, can I roll that into an already booked cruise, which already has a $600 credit due to being cancelled previously? 

There's no stacking of the credits.  Said another way, $600 can't become $900.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Cruise still [currently] on:

Out of Miami:

Carnival Conquest - 3/4 Day Bahamas

Carnival Sunrise - 4/5 Day Eastern/Western Carib.

Carnival Horizon - 6/8 Day Southern Carib.

Out of Port Canaveral:

Carnival Liberty - 3/4 Day Bahamas

Carnival Elation - 4/5 Day Bahamas/Eastern Carib

Carnival Breeze - 6/7/8 Day Caribbean

Thanx. You posted while I was looking it up.  I am more hopeful for the shorter cruises going to fewer ports at first.

We booked New Year's Eve cruise with our grown children.  We'll discuss with them.  Do not have to decide today.

10 minutes ago, Trueblueky said:

Breeze -- 6-8 night cruises, mix of east, west, south (would not be surprised to see these cancelled or shortened)

Horizon -- 6 west or 8 south (also would not be surprised to see these shorten or cancel)

I was thinking the same thing. If any cruise operates in Nov/Dec, the shorter ones (Bahamas / Mexico) may not be affected, but I think that the longer ones are at a much higher risk of being altered or canceled. 

I’m far from being an expert in the matter, but so far, my thoughts have matched the events the way that they have unfolded. Nothing that has occurred so far has surprised me. 

I still believe that we will see some cruises before the end of the year, but in a VERY limited capacity (like one to three ships total from Miami and/or Port Canaveral and probably on modified itineraries) . Let’s see if I get that one right. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry for those who have been cancelled multiple times.   I had to change my air 2x already, and modify my trip insurance policy 2x also.  Sooner or later the airlines/hotels/travel insurance won't be so lenient in making changes without penalty. 

• Like 2

Miami and PC each have three ships.  Two ships from each operate short cruises.  If Cozumel and Nassau are open, those can go.  Miami and PC also have one ship that makes longer (6-8 day) cruises and stops at more ports.  Those are more problematic.  Would not be surprised to hear next that those are cancelled or shortened. 

We are booked for November 2 out of Miami, so there is still uncertainty for us.  I expect to be cancelled, but will keep the booking anyway.  This cruise was originally booked for the Sunrise to Cuba in June, moved to the Magic in September, then to the Breeze in October, now the Sunrise in November.  Sooner or later we will get to cruise.

• Like 1

Depending what option you pick (total cancellation or book another cruise and get obc) the deposit will be transferred to your new cruise, or if you decide to cancel will go back onto your credit card.  I have never heard of an administrative fee.  Is that from a travel agent?  If so, that is between you and the agent.

Just now, Radiioman46 said:

So, the Whitehouse says cruises can start on Nov 1st, but Carnival is choosing to start in a very limited fashion. Makes sense, I guess. 

Yes, I certainly believe so.  It would probably be extremely difficult for them to start every port at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I still believe that we will see some cruises before the end of the year, but in a VERY limited capacity (like one to three ships total from Miami and/or Port Canaveral and probably on modified itineraries) . Let’s see if I get that one right

No offense and I agree but at this point as we keep guessing we are bound to get it right eventually 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We are booked for November 2 out of Miami, so there is still uncertainty for us.  I expect to be cancelled, but will keep the booking anyway.  This cruise was originally booked for the Sunrise to Cuba in June, moved to the Magic in September, then to the Breeze in October, now the Sunrise in November.  Sooner or later we will get to cruise.

Yes, that date is quickly approaching.  Not sure we would want to cruise that quick anyway.  But, there are probably many others who would go right now.  Our September cruise from Port Canaveral was cancelled and our next one is April on the Mardi Gras.  Not sure about that one, but we still have a few months before the final payment date.

The 6 day cruises may stay the same, but the 8 day cruises likely changed to Half Moon Cay, an overnight in Nassau & Grand Turk? Grand Cayman isn't allowing cruises back this year, so anything calling on GC will get changed.

4 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, that date is quickly approaching.  Not sure we would want to cruise that quick anyway.  But, there are probably many others who would go right now.  Our September cruise from Port Canaveral was cancelled and our next one is April on the Mardi Gras.  Not sure about that one, but we still have a few months before the final payment date.

I would venture to guess that the Mardi Gras WILL sail. Lucky you! We were cancelled twice on that ship. We are booked on it for Halloween this year and next. Can't wait for the reviews. I am 74 and want to get on that roller coaster. What about you?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cellfree said:

1) from all but Miami and Canaveral cancelled

2) read email carefully - if you are Miami or Canaveral you can “voluntarily” cancel and receive what officially cancelled cruisers are offered - I missed this first reading through 

3) and I suggest they are not saying they are 100% sure Miami and Canaveral are a go but hoping so and if willing you can still wait and see

We are November 2 out of Miami and hoping. 

If we cancel are we allowed to trans the future cruise credit  to another cruise thats booked but not paid for?

We should be seeing some evidence right now that cruise lines are  bringing back employees and crew members to the ships planning on November cruises. Also, cruise staff and the entertainers, because it takes time for them to rehearse and get their shows up to performance standards. 

I'm sure the entertainers will be rehearsing at whatever studios they own on land. They can be the last to be loaded on the ships. 

Edited by Radiioman46
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They are just leaving the window open for cruises from PC and Miami as those are the only ports that "may" sail in November or December which is doubtful

If we cancel are we allowed to trans the future cruise credit  to another cruise thats booked but not paid for?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

Wait I thought the White house didn't let cdc extend ban? I'm confused.

CDC wanted to extend until February 2021, WH said no to that but agreed to the 1 month extension. So as it stands today October 31st.

Meeting with WH tomorrow should revel more.

33 minutes ago, SavTris said:

I have paid

$150 Non-Refundable Deposit 

$150 Administration Fees 

on November, Galveston cruise that is cancelled.

If I choose to cancel, what will I be refunded? 

Thanks!

Who did you pay the administration fee to and for what? 

If its cancelled yes on deposit, no idea on other since dont know what it's for. 

The email talks about the new/future cruise needing to be booked by May 31, 2021 but it does not address a cruise already booked. Even though email says you can do everything on-line I would suggest calling Carnival and asking.