Cancelled Nov 1 - Dec 31 from all but Florida

Lee Cruiser

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

If I had relatively unlimited cashflow, maybe.  But I don't, so since we will do some sort of vacation in Dec that will expend an equivalent amount of money, that's where it is going to go.

Well i was just saying , if you had put that few thousand into your savings acoount and it just sat there. this is actually a better deal. ,i took the extra obc last time myself. 

19 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

As of 30 minutes ago, I was able to see November 2020.  However, November 2020 is not showing now.  My speculation is that the cruises aren't cancelled...and that they MAY sail.  I believe Carnival is being preemptive and is trying to stop people (like me) who just had their November/December cruise cancelled and are looking to see if they can switch to a Port Canaveral/Miami departure instead.

Just a wild guess...

Garnett

That was one of my thoughts, also.  Since April, I figured that the cruises most likely to sail would be short cruises from the less COVID-infected areas (Port Canaveral rather than South Florida) to private islands.  I also thought that they might even be limited to those living in close driving distance, therefore eliminating anyone who has to fly to the port.  We are retired, with no obligations on our time, and live in Florida, so I had booked cruises fitting that description for every month from June through December.  The “less COVID-infected” theory has changed with time, but I think the private island theory is good.  We all know what has happened to most of the cruises I booked, but sooner or later we will get to go.  

10 minutes ago, NIATPAC29 said:

THERE will not be any shows.Due to distancing mandates

are sure about that? from what i read and seen on other sites both TUI and MSC is still doing shows in the theater on thier cruises that resumes recently

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgie562 said:

I suspected that the Panorama, the newest ship in the fleet will be heading to Florida for a while and with 2 Florida homeports not cancelled I won't be surprised if she makes an appearance in the East Coast.

Being the ship is too tall to pass the Panama Canal and has to go around South America, I think it will be staying put in Panama waiting for California to go online. 

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

are sure about that? from what i read and seen on other sites both TUI and MSC is still doing shows in the theater on thier cruises that resumes recently

There will likely be some kind of shows, more frequently, so there can be distancing.

I’m booked  on the November 14 Horizon sailing for 8 days. I’m going to take a day or week to decide what to do. I think the decision will be easier once Carnival releases their restrictions/changes/impacts on the sailings for the next few months. I know we can all speculate but that’s just best guess. I have no problem wearing a mask, being tested, social distancing but going to just a private island (so I will just stay on the ship by myself 😂 ) and having my cruise itinerary shortened wouldn’t thrill me. 
The decision and struggle is real but I don’t want to make it in haste. 

• Like 2

Oh this has me steamed! I knew after I had already moved my Nov. 30 sailing a couple of weeks ago they were gonna pull this. I could've gotten $300 OBC instead of the $200 for the sailing I moved it to. I'm going to call and see if Carnival will apply that $300 in good faith to my May sailing. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. 

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I'd be interested in this too - we moved our Dec 2020 cruise to Dec 2022 just prior to final payment.  Today I'd be eligible for $600 OBC, but also would have sunk a couple grand for a couple of years.  I know Carnival doesn't owe me anything, we made the choice consciously.  But I won't turn down such an offer either...

FWIW -- PVP is on vacation, but the fill-in submitted a form requesting the OBC and seemed optimistic that it would be fulfilled!  Worth a shot to anyone in the same boat!  Good luck!

1 hour ago, NIATPAC29 said:

THERE will not be any shows.Due to distancing mandates

I would say they should move it to shows can be watched on tv from their rooms and other areas. And maybe have very limited seating inside the theater

Edited by Ellusionz

17 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

I would say they should move it to shows can be watched on tv from their rooms and other areas. And maybe have very limited seating inside the theater

Personally, we would not sit in our room to watch a show. I can do that at home. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frito58 said:

Your not confused Carnival is smart enough to realize that the virus is still out there and is not willing to risk their staff or endanger people just to make a buck . Even though everyone would jump on a ship and go . I personally will not go until there is a vaccine but hey that’s just me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No.. The CDC wanted to extend until February. The White House said no and they extended until the end of October instead which is when the CLIA voluntary shutdown ends. They are still meeting tomorrow and this could change.

33 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

I love how everyone just "knows" this stuff. In Christine's video from earlier this week she talked about enhanced functionality of the Hub app which includes being able to reserve shows. So it sounds like there WILL be shows, but they will have reduced capacity and you'll need reservations to guarantee you get in..

(By the way, this quoted the wrong poster. Sorry about that.)

Edited by Pyxie
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ellusionz said:

From what I’ve read, MSC is doing shows at the theatre multiple times a day with limited capacity. I like that idea. I don’t necessarily care to go to the theatre right before or after dinner.

Royal has also been doing that on their Oasis class ship with their large productions to give everybody an opportunity to see them. You could go in the middle of the afternoon on sea day and see a full production show 

39 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Personally, we would not sit in our room to watch a show. I can do that at home. 

It's not about where you sit to watch a show.

It's all about the talent.  In order to be heard, they have to project...which means "loud voice".  That leads to particles being emitted.

It's the same for musicians...on horns and trumpets etc.

There may be shows...but not large productions with multiple dancers/singers.  Maybe comedians, magicians, a soloist.

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It's not about where you sit to watch a show.

It's all about the talent.  In order to be heard, they have to project...which means "loud voice".  That leads to particles being emitted.

It's the same for musicians...on horns and trumpets etc.

There may be shows...but not large productions with multiple dancers/singers.  Maybe comedians, magicians, a soloist.

If the first 6 rows (about 20 feet?) were empty, and the performers were held back from getting right to the edge of the stage, that will go a long way to minimizing the issue, depending on localized airflows.  If six feet is generally enough in most public spaces according to the experts, 20 or 30 ft might be enough for singing.

Local high school marching bands here in FL are using some sort of covers for their brass and wind instruments.

Or maybe the stage could have a large gauze curtain across it, so that you can (mostly) see what is going on, but it could act as a deterrent to aerosolized virus.  Quite a few rock bands I have seen live or on disc have done this as part of their "show" to induce mystery or provide a screen for projections: Nine Inch Nails, Steven Wilson, Tool, for example, IIRC.

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

it will not go away , we have to learn to live with it at some point. 

Got the same email - and I'm presuming that Carnival is betting (at least 50%) that either the CDC will get it's way and push the No Sail out further, -or- they'll be under pressure to voluntarily extend it.  Should the Miami/PC cruises get cancelled, it'll be easier for CCL if they've already processed a large lot of voluntary cancellations - rather than two ports/two months worth of cruises all at once. 

(I do work for a large government health agency, but at this point, there's no telling between the president and Dr Redfield of the CDC who's going to have the final say, but I'd bet on Mr DJT.)  From my professional vantage, waiting on  vaccine to solve all your cruising problems means they won't get solved for years. Seaman is correct, the planet (including cruisers) will have to learn to live with it. I've been around the world multiple times courtesy of the US Navy, and done 25+ pleasure cruises, and never gotten sick aboard ship - because - I wash my hands, etc. etc. I have no issues with going on a cruise right now...but there's a lot of politicking at this point that transcends public health science.  

In this thread, what we've all been trying to do is figure out what what the odds are of the Miami/PC cruises (I'm on the Horizon, 26 Dec) being cancelled by CCL, and I'm thinking that the chances are greater than 75% that they will get cancelled.  CCL will probably offer the same deal at that point - take a FCC with $600, or get your money back, period, whether they cancel or you cancel.  This will be the 3rd cancellation since March (plus one HAL cancellation), and no, since someone asked, the bonus OBCs don't accumulate (otherwise most of us would be wildly rich, on paper anyway).  My advice to myself: Wait another two weeks or so, see if CDC & CLIA can agree.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OceanZena said:

Oh this has me steamed! I knew after I had already moved my Nov. 30 sailing a couple of weeks ago they were gonna pull this. I could've gotten $300 OBC instead of the $200 for the sailing I moved it to. I'm going to call and see if Carnival will apply that $300 in good faith to my May sailing. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. 

perhaps when you call, just say "I have cancelled my cruise and I'm calling for the OBC that the email said I was eligible for"  

don't mention WHEN you cancelled it and if it does come up - mention that the email didn't say that you had to have cancelled it recently...

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Different strokes for different folks! We would happily watch a show from our cabin, lido deck, a tv in a bar etc. As long as we are cruising! In fact, I have always wished they'd broadcast the shows throughout the boat so that they are more readily available to guests; I can never seem to get to them in time unless dinner is rushed. The adult comedy shows would be the only show that couldn't be broadcast throughout the ship. Those would have to be in cabins by request and possibly, select bars where children aren't expected/likely to be. More options is never a bad thing IMO. It also helps spread people out as a bonus.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

perhaps when you call, just say "I have cancelled my cruise and I'm calling for the OBC that the email said I was eligible for"  

don't mention WHEN you cancelled it and if it does come up - mention that the email didn't say that you had to have cancelled it recently...

I called and literally stayed on hold for over 2 hours staying hopelessly optimistic that someone would eventually pick up...but they didn't and at just over the 2 hour mark, I finally gave up and sent an e mail to their customer support address. It wasn't a cancellation I made but a move from November to May and I did make mention that I did it 2 weeks ago. I doubt i'll be granted the $300, but will be pleasantly surprised if they do. 

I was waiting and waiting for them to send out these emails for that $300 or option to refund, and of course they do it not long after I already moved it. Such is my luck. But whatever happens i'm fine with it. I got $200 OBC and that's nothing to snub my nose at. 

48 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I called and literally stayed on hold for over 2 hours staying hopelessly optimistic that someone would eventually pick up...but they didn't and at just over the 2 hour mark, I finally gave up and sent an e mail to their customer support address. It wasn't a cancellation I made but a move from November to May and I did make mention that I did it 2 weeks ago. I doubt i'll be granted the $300, but will be pleasantly surprised if they do. 

I was waiting and waiting for them to send out these emails for that $300 or option to refund, and of course they do it not long after I already moved it. Such is my luck. But whatever happens i'm fine with it. I got $200 OBC and that's nothing to snub my nose at. 

They will likely honor it for you. Same thing happened to me in March. I rescheduled my cruise before it was officially canceled so I had no OBC offer for doing so. Then my cruise ended up being one of the very first ones canceled and they sent an email afterwards offering me the OBC.