What are Regent influencers?

fizzy

While looking up some info about the Explorer this morning, an article came up,,,actually it seemed more like an ad....from a woman who made mention of how she and some friends had been invited to Miami to tour the ship back in January. She claims it is because she is a Regent Seven Seas influencer. (I don't believe there is really such a word). What in the world is this and how does this happen? Do most of us reserve our cruise, pay our bill and go forward on our trip while internet babblers somehow game the system, get shoved ahead and receive benefits that regular clients never get a chance to tap into?

Influencer is an entire career for people   Some make quite a bit of money, while for others  it provides a lot of free benefits from clothes to cruises.   I would think a lot of bloggers and video bloggers  are given freebies from the recreation industry.   I don’t know that it’s a new phenomenon but certainly people are more open about it.  I believe such competition in kind is supposed to be reported to readers as well as the tax folks. 

Please link the article - I do not think Regent gives away this type of stuff to a self-proclaimed influencer. The target market isn't right. I can see them doing something for ALL TA's or because someone high up at Regent knows a person but I just don't see Regent using influencers for marketing when they don't even want to get usable internet on their ships.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Please link the article - I do not think Regent gives away this type of stuff to a self-proclaimed influencer. The target market isn't right. I can see them doing something for ALL TA's or because someone high up at Regent knows a person but I just don't see Regent using influencers for marketing when they don't even want to get usable internet on their ships.

I can only be somewhat helpful with this because I am very unpracticed with internet however, I'll repeat what I read and then grab it quickly because I don't know if it is allowed to be posted". Re: Regent... I was invited as an influencer  dah dah dah"... Crazyblondelife. I hope someone can clarify because this social media stuff becomes more and more vexing. Thanks in advance. It came up on a regular Google search.

I read her pages. She was invited to a 1 day tour (same as TA) and the cruise on the Splendor does NOT mention it was free. Seems like a silly waste as I doubt many Regent clients would be influenced by a person like this.

• Like 1

Oh, I missed her March 9 trip

https://www.crazyblondelife.com/blog/a-magical-trip-with-regent-seven-seas-splendor-ycalx-grnxl

This cruise was a very special cruise because it was the inaugural cruise of Seven Seas Splendor. I am so honored to have been included as a guest for this very special event.

This post is sponsored by Regent Seven Seas Cruises. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

Edited by greykitty

Well, hey, at least this person was extremely open about being given all this by Regent?  But truly, I don't think this sort of arrangement is all that odd these days.  The biggest disputes I've seen is when the writer does not disclose the financial arrangement.  

• Like 1

Just now, greykitty said:

Well, hey, at least this person was extremely open about being given all this by Regent?  But truly, I don't think this sort of arrangement is all that odd these days.  The biggest disputes I've seen is when the writer does not disclose the financial arrangement.  

HA HA   now that I get it, it becomes even more annoying!  thanks

• LauraS locked this topic