Atlas Ocean Voyages

jimdee3636

I recently received an e-mail from Atlas Ocean Voyages (www.atlasoceanvoyages.com), which I had never heard of before. It purports to be a "leader in small ship cruising." Has anyone sailed with them, or even just booked a cruise with them for 2021 or 2022. If so, any impressions you can share---good or bad? 

• Like 1

This is a brand new cruise line.  Their first ship isn't built yet – was scheduled for 2021, who knows if Covid-affect on shipyards has delayed it.  They sound interesting, but this market niche was exploding and I wonder if the demand was ever there [and seriously doubt that it is now]:  Atlas (5 ships), MSC Luxury Class (4 ships), Ritz Carlton (3 ships), Scenic Eclipse class (2 ships) and polar class (5 ships) – how many luxury yachts can the market take?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

This is a brand new cruise line.  Their first ship isn't built yet – was scheduled for 2021, who knows if Covid-affect on shipyards has delayed it.  They sound interesting, but this market niche was exploding and I wonder if the demand was ever there [and seriously doubt that it is now]:  Atlas (5 ships), MSC Luxury Class (4 ships), Ritz Carlton (3 ships), Scenic Eclipse class (2 ships) and polar class (5 ships) – how many luxury yachts can the market take?

Thanks! I like ships in the 300-600 passenger range (Silversea, Seabourn, etc.), but have never done a "luxury yacht" cruise. I'm intrigued by Atlas but I think I'll wait until I see if they really go forward in 2021.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 9:13 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Plus Ponant (11 ships) which is right in the middle of this market niche.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks @Host Jazzbeau for moving this topic here!

Also, you can read a few news stories that bubbled up in a search from our Cruise Critic news team: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?&q=Atlas Ocean Voyages&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles&sortby=relevancy

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are so excited to see that you are excited about our brand (and that some of you have already booked)! We cannot wait to welcome you on board. 

World Navigator is on schedule for her inaugural sailing July 17 from Valletta, Malta. We’ll be announcing World Traveller’s inaugural season sailings soon as well as other exciting updates. Stay tuned! 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:42 AM, Atlas Ocean Voyages said:

We are so excited to see that you are excited about our brand (and that some of you have already booked)! We cannot wait to welcome you on board. 

World Navigator is on schedule for her inaugural sailing July 17 from Valletta, Malta. We’ll be announcing World Traveller’s inaugural season sailings soon as well as other exciting updates. Stay tuned! 

Very excited! I keep checking the website every day for the schedule of sailings 🙂

• Like 1

Really looking forward to being on board with Atlas Oceans Voyages. We are booked on the Navigator for the Heart of the Black Sea next August. It seems like AOV has done their research, and their itineraries and amenities checked all of our boxes. Every base was covered from airfare to gratuities to state room credit to excursions! Now I have to hope that their execution is as good as their marketing.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 10:42 AM, Atlas Ocean Voyages said:

Is World Traveller the next Atlas ship to set sail? When is the anticipated inaugural season for the World Traveller? 2022? Thanks!

• Like 1

philly girl 3

We are looking at this cruise as we just received some info on it.  We are booked on Regent Voyager in May for the Holy Lands tour but our TA feels  pretty certain it will not be a go. When I saw that this was the Holy Lands and Egypt it looked great.  Plus by August hopefully things will somewhat normal again. We received a brochure from A TA  in Austin and it is associated with a radio host.  Just wondering where you heard about the cruise.  I have a lot of questions and we really want to go in a couple of days early to see some sites not covered in the excursions.  

Kandy from Texas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SolBoyd said:

Hi everyone, we took a leap of faith and booked the Atlas World Navigator December 10, 2021 to Antarctica. We really liked the idea of a chartered flight, less hassle and worry. 

We booked the January 2022 Antarctica one as well on a leap of faith.  What they are pitching is exactly what we are looking for so hoping for the best.

• 2 weeks later...

We just heard about Atlas Ocean Voyages from our TA a couple of days ago and are getting pricing now.  We're looking at the Rome - Lisbon and Lisbon - Bridgetown back to back next September/October.  Antartica is also on our bucket list.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that cruising will get going again soon.

Cheers!

Steve & Cindy

• Like 1

I too have been looking at this new cruise line.  Very interested. So far their customer service has been very good as far as answering some questions I had.

We love small luxury ships.

Silversea has been our favorite. Our very first cruise was on the Silver Cloud 10 years ago. We were treated as if we were the most special people in the world.

We then booked the Scenic Eclipse, got cancelled as ship wasn't ready and the worst customer service ever. They pretty much ignored all the posts here on Cruise Critics.

We did eventually get our money back and they paid our TA her fee.

Luckily we went back to Silversea and did a fantastic NZ Australian Cruise on the Muse. As usual didn't disappoint.  That was just before Royal Caribbean bought them out. 

We have another SS Silver Muse booked for August 2021 and pray it won't be cancelled.

Atlas Ocean Voyages struck me as perfect, but we will wait for the ultimate authority to report their experiences. Our Cruise Critics.

We love small ships with cruises around 20 days duration.

First or Business included would be excellent. We are tall mid 70's seniors. Comfort is a priority.

I have no idea on pricing, but the fact that Atlas advertised private charters available really, really appealed to me.

My husband's priority is a dedicated  lounge for fine spirits and cigars. (I am sure I just offended 90% of you but he deserves whatever pleasure he wants at thus time of life) Not easy to find on small ships these days. We have made some very long lasting and close friendships in the Connoisseurs Lounge on our cruises.

That's more than enough of a comment from me.

• Like 3

There is a market for small ships that can get into smaller ports and which will not overwhelm an interesting port or destination when its passengers go ashore, either on tours or on their own.

We have hated big cruise ships since our first experiences with Cunard on the QEII and the Queen Victoria.

We cruised on Seabourne exclusively until they sold off their 200 pax ships.  We crossed the Atlantic with them, and cruised the Mediterranean and Baltic and each every cruise was special, almost magical.

We have cruised the larger Seabourne, Silversea and Regent ships several times and they were all fine. But none compared to the Spirit or Pride in terms of intimacy, ambiance and overall experience. Only Silversea in the Galapagos came close.

I look forward to more information on the experiences of others with this line. 

I am sure we are not alone in thinking it may be a way to get back to the kind of cruising we came to love..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 2:45 PM, Barbara Ramsay said:

We are booked on the World Navigator  in September ... Greece to Italy 7 days.  Fingers crossed that the size of the ships truly allows them to manage the quality and value equation.  The current promotions for 2021 are very attractive.   

Thank you for booking, Barbara! We know you are going to love your journey with us!