Hurtigruten price drops and cancellations

cruisemom42

I booked an expedition cruise with Hurtigruten in early July, just a couple of weeks prior to the COVID-19 outbreak onboard the Roald Amundsen. 

Needless to say I have a few reservations about this cruise, which departs in early May 2021. I haven't traveled with H in the past, so I am unsure how flexible they are with regard to options. I have several questions, if anyone has any experience to answer:

• I see that they are now offering a Cruise with Confidence booking allowing for cancellation; however, this wasn't in effect when I booked. Will I lose 20%?
  • If I cannot cancel without losing 20%, will they allow a move-over to a later cruise?  
  • If the alternatives are not attractive and I decide to wait and see, the cruise I booked has dropped in price significantly. Does H honor such price drops?

Thanks for any answers/thoughts.

9 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

Just this week we moved our January 2021 Antarctica cruise to January 2022.

it is the same cruise one year later.  There were still cabins in the same category.  We kept our original price.  

I really hope you wont have to move it again to 2023. As long as you are not charged extra the moving sounds just fine. I really hope the situation normalizes and you guys will have a safe trip. Take care!