How to Get to 15th St. Fisheries

elaineb

We will be staying at the 17th Street Hyatt.  I see a body of water is in between us.  How do we get to the restaurant - all the way around with an Uber or taxi?  Or is there a cheap service to get across the water?

Check the directions on Google Maps.  It is listed as a 1.1 mile walk and has BlueHerons said, you need to be careful on 15th Street (and I wouldn't be walking in an area with no sidewalks after dark especially). 

Edited by capriccio

The restaurant is difficult to get to and from.  I used a taxi to get to the restaurant from my hotel which was the Hyatt Pier 66.  There is (or at least was) a dock at the restaurant where the water taxi was supposed to make a stop.  After a very disappointing dinner, I waited there for the water taxi.  Two came by---and went!  Never stopping!  Ended up with another taxi ride back to the hotel.  My opinion--and others I know will really disagree--but, this was the second time I had dined at the restaurant and both times were disappointing.  My last visit was the most unsatisfactory.  And, it will be my last patronage of that restaurant.  There are much better restaurants in Fort Lauderdale than this one.  I think it "lives" due to its pleasant location.

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

A block where I live is about 1,000 ft. long. 10 houses at 100 ft. per yard.  

Well here in Fort Lauderdale, where the OP is talking about going and not in the burbs of Chicago where you live, a block is actually a block.  Looking at a map, it is much further than three blocks.  You also have to cross a major, six lane thoroughfare.

I just don't want to OP to get the wrong idea especially in the heat and at night.  Semi trucks roll down through there on a regular basis with no sidewalks.

From the way you are describing this walk, it is like you've never been here before and are just looking at a map.  It isn't any easy walk.

Edited by BlueHerons
  • Like 2

Like others have said, a $10 RT Uber is the smart decision. I wouldn't cross 17th St except at a light with clear crosswalk. I am spending a ton of money to cruise and I am not going to risk it all for to save about $10. Plus, the hotel may have a shuttle that would run you over there too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Plus, the hotel may have a shuttle that would run you over there too. 

They might, but I'd be surprised if they would.  (Their thinking might be:  why aren't you dining in our restaurant(s)?  If so, would they then come and shuttle you back to your hotel?