December 2020 cruise--Are you booked and planning to make final payment?

GINNY L

We are booked on the Epic for December 13, 2020- December 20, 2020.  Final payment is of course coming.  I know that there is a LARGE chance that this cruise will be cancelled.  But I think I may still make the final payment.  I was wondering who else will make their final payment for their December cruise. 

We are booked on Dec 5.   We made final payment months ago.   We’ve booked during the first big round of cancellations when they gave 125% and20% off if we booked right away.    I am hopeful but I really doubt it’ll happen.  We will cancel if it ends up no ports or just GSC.  I hate sea days so I’d rather stay home and pout and keep my $4k.  Fingers crossed though....

• Like 1

Cancelled my Dec 3 Joy last Friday before final payment. I held out hope since the ship, departure port, duration, and destination were all ideal candidates for an initial restart but I just don't see them making early December.

We chose not to make final payment and canceled for Breakaway Nov. 9, which of course was just canceled by NCL.

We are reserved for Feb. 28 with final payment due Dec 28.  To go ahead I want to see positive communications by NCL as to when Breakway resumes sailing, and successful cruises in November and December that prove ports and ships are ready and can be successful without "outbreaks."  Otherwise we cancel again.

• Like 2

I was scheduled to sail on the Sun (in an owner's suite) December 19-24 and I just called and cancelled this morning.  I felt that it wasn't worth it to pay $1,000/day for the privilege of wearing a mask on vacation, but the deciding factor was the extension of the no sail order through November.  It was just getting too close for comfort.  I really hope things improve before my next cruise scheduled in March 2021.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, cruiser123! said:

We are booked on Dec 5.   We made final payment months ago.   We’ve booked during the first big round of cancellations when they gave 125% and20% off if we booked right away.    I am hopeful but I really doubt it’ll happen.  We will cancel if it ends up no ports or just GSC.  I hate sea days so I’d rather stay home and pout and keep my $4k.  Fingers crossed though....

I am just curious about if your final payment was not moved to October?  I always try to make final payment close to the last day of when it is due.  I rather keep my money just a little longer.

16 hours ago, slavetoabunny said:

I was scheduled to sail on the Sun (in an owner's suite) December 19-24 and I just called and cancelled this morning.  I felt that it wasn't worth it to pay $1,000/day for the privilege of wearing a mask on vacation, but the deciding factor was the extension of the no sail order through November.  It was just getting too close for comfort.  I really hope things improve before my next cruise scheduled in March 2021.

I probably would have done the same.  That is a lot of money.   Luckily our cruise we have booked for December was pretty cheap so I am keeping it until they cancel it.  

I don't like wearing a mask, but I guess if we are at the bar and drinking we won't be required to wear one?  However, we don't sit at the bar all day just a few hours each day so it will be interesting how everything goes once people start cruising agin.  

On 10/7/2020 at 8:28 AM, kodos said:

Cancelled my Dec 3 Joy last Friday before final payment. I held out hope since the ship, departure port, duration, and destination were all ideal candidates for an initial restart but I just don't see them making early December.

If it does start up in December, you never know you could still book it at the last minute for a great deal.

8 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

We paid for our Dec 5th a few weeks ago on the basis that I'd rather ho but if not I can use the credit towards other cruises i have booked.

If my December cruise is cancelled, I probably will re-book for May to take my daughter somewhere for her graduation.  We also have a 14day Tahiti cruise to Hawaii in April which is pretty much all paid for with my prior booking that was cancelled.  (We were booked in March the second week of cancellations so we received some great discounts)  Who knows if that one will go since it is a 14 day cruise and that it goes to Hawaii.

47 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

I am just curious about if your final payment was not moved to October?  I always try to make final payment close to the last day of when it is due.  I rather keep my money just a little longer.

I usually make the final payment 30 days before it's due (my TA asks for it then).  In this case, the 125%/20% off combo ended up with me only paying $272.  I paid that when we rebooked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GINNY L said:

If it does start up in December, you never know you could still book it at the last minute for a great deal.

It was going to be my first Haven cruise and I had booked it at a time it was at a historic low point. Not sure Haven will be on the last minute deal list but I will certainly be looking. The cost of the Haven also influenced my decision to cancel. It was a lot more than I would usually spend on a cruise but I wanted to try it. For that money I wouldn't want a diminshed experience  either due to Covid precautions or a new crew learning the ropes. If it had been an inside cabin I probably would have made the final payment knowing I would just role it into my Fall 2021 cruise or my Fall 2022. 

• Like 1

Made my final bit yesterday for mid December sailing. My booking is really a home run (was one of the 125% plus 20% off rebookings back in April) and if they cancel it, its a shame but Ill just move the funds to May 21 which is in the que for next year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Made my final bit yesterday for mid December sailing. My booking is really a home run (was one of the 125% plus 20% off rebookings back in April) and if they cancel it, its a shame but Ill just move the funds to May 21 which is in the que for next year. 

Which cruise are you doing in Mid-December?

22 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I wonder if anyone has passed final payment and had their reservation cancelled.  You would think that the cruise lines would be desperate for the revenue right now and may not cancel your reservation automatically.

Good point.  They probably would give them time.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:37 PM, slavetoabunny said:

"No sail order" was issued by CDC and it expires Oct. 31st.  The cruise lines cancelled all cruises through November.

Unless the CDC extends , cruise lines would have been able to sail. Would love to know why, only guess is they want that hard date to prepare ( get crew back, training, protocols in place , provisions ordered, etc.)

It will cost cruise lines 💰💰💰💰 to do the above.