They need to extend the exp. dates on all these FCC's.

My FCC has to be used on a sailing by December 2021. What are the chances that I will actually get to use it? We had a 2 bedroom Aqua Suite on the Harmony that we cancelled for Aug 2020. We had to take the $1000 FCC because we were in a suite.

We have to vacation when my kids are on vacation from school, so I thought I would look at maybe booking something for this year between Christmas and New Years in the same kind of room. I found a cruise on the Symphony in the same room and do you know what they wanted for 4 people in that room? $52,000!!!! But hey, that number included a $23,000 discount so the original price was $75,000. They have GOT to be kidding!

So with ships still not sailing and ALLLLL these people that have FCC's to use, what are the chances that we are all going to be able to use them? And then what happens if we can't? They need to really extend these FCC's for 2 to 3 years so everyone has a chance to use them.

First of all you need to book with an online agent who will give you a much cheaper fare than $52000.

You can try the bidding site where many agencies will offer lower and lower prices and /or OBC, in order to get your business.

Secondly, you have to use the FCC before the expiry date. If not, it will be wasted.

So I recommend that you book a cruise before December 2021 and if that gets cancelled, then the new FCC given will have a much further expiry date

I do agree with you that under the circumstances Royal should give longer to use the FCC then they currently offer. We are a in the same boat in that we are very limited as to when we can sail. We aren't very picky on what type of stateroom so we will just do two balcony cabins and call it good. We moved our October 2020 cruise to June 2021. There is only about a 50% chance we will make that sailing, but it is on the books and a good price so we will figure that out when we are closer. 

I have found the suites tend to be pricey on the Oasis class during the holiday season. Good luck finding something that works for you!

20 minutes ago, drsel said:

First of all you need to book with an online agent who will give you a much cheaper fare than $52000.

You can try the bidding site where many agencies will offer lower and lower prices and /or OBC, in order to get your business.

You obviously haven't priced out Star class suites over the holidays.  Since suites can't be held at reduced rates in group space the only thing that the on line agents will be able to offer is OBC (which could be substantial) but the price will be the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

And then what happens if we can't? 

This might only be a real problem if ships don't start sailing until Q2.

As far as losing FCC totally, I believe that could perhaps only happen under some sort of chapter11/bankruptcy.

In my humble non-proof and sincere opinion, and thinking like the CEO or any business man, RCG and all cruise lines will have to stop the bleeding ASAP with a customer base paying with fresh cash, thus I believe FCC's will not be extended, forcing those cruise addicts to use up (or lose outright) all FCC's before the deadline, and having those same cruise addicts be the initial first couple of month guinea pigs on ships, and also force them to buy even more cruises the next year with new cash.

• Like 1

I agree with ourusualbeach.  If you want to see high prices look at suites over the holidays or even during summer vacations.  And especially if you want a suite in Star Class.  We lucked out and found an A1 on Allure when she was first going to sail out of Galveston but switched to Symphony when that cruise was cancelled.  The A1 on Symphony was listed at over $20,000 for March in 2022, we saved over $10,000 because they guaranteed the price for the cancelled Allure.  Anyway, the point is newer ships command way higher prices and unless you actually look at those rooms consistently you will be shell shocked at what they want and get for the suites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

I agree with ourusualbeach.  If you want to see high prices look at suites over the holidays or even during summer vacations.  And especially if you want a suite in Star Class.  We lucked out and found an A1 on Allure when she was first going to sail out of Galveston but switched to Symphony when that cruise was cancelled.  The A1 on Symphony was listed at over $20,000 for March in 2022, we saved over $10,000 because they guaranteed the price for the cancelled Allure.  Anyway, the point is newer ships command way higher prices and unless you actually look at those rooms consistently you will be shell shocked at what they want and get for the suites.

My 2 bedroom Aqua on Harmony in August was $14,000 for 4 people. I was expecting a little higher than that for Christmas, but not $52,000.00 Yikes!

I would have expected more than that also and I am amazed at how much Symphony gets for their suites.  The deals are out there if you keep checking or have a great TA who keeps an eye out also.  I know we booked the Royal Loft on Quantum to Alaska for $15,000.  We were paying more for a Grand Loft on Ovation that was cancelled this year.  I am quoting for 4 people also.

No one knows for certain but I'm betting that they will have to extend the FCC's. If not they risk alientating a whole bunch of people and steering them away from their brand......besides, how many people have already used said FCC's for winter 2021 sailings out of the US that will be a no go. 

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

No one knows for certain but I'm betting that they will have to extend the FCC's. If not they risk alientating a whole bunch of people and steering them away from their brand......besides, how many people have already used said FCC's for winter 2021 sailings out of the US that will be a no go. 

I'm thinking they pushed 125% fcc because they know odds are they wouldnt all be used like gift cards.

Something to be said for asking for refunds whenever possible instead of the fccs. They make them hard to use. Like applying part of a fcc to my april cruise and the remainder has to be reissued after I get back from that cruise. .. what if april somehow gets cancelled? I think am booked dec, 2021, jan 2022, feb, march and march 2022. Sure not much time between cruises to get partial fcc reissued. 

Would be nice to be able to convert remainder to obc like carnival. I doubt its accidental rcl made them hard to use. 

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm thinking they pushed 125% fcc because they know odds are they wouldnt all be used like gift cards.

Something to be said for asking for refunds whenever possible instead of the fccs. They make them hard to use. Like applying part of a fcc to my april cruise and the remainder has to be reissued after I get back from that cruise. .. what if april somehow gets cancelled? I think am booked dec, 2021, jan 2022, feb, march and march 2022. Sure not much time between cruises to get partial fcc reissued. 

Would be nice to be able to convert remainder to obc like carnival. I doubt its accidental rcl made them hard to use. 

The thing is this, no one could have foreseen how this would all turn out. They'll make adjustments accordingly......or they'll risk losing a whole bunch of customers. 

On 10/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, drsel said:

I recently got huge discount on a royal Caribbean Cruise from one of these agencies on the bidding site

When you bid is it for any cabin in a certain category or can you pick your room?

On 10/8/2020 at 7:03 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Any chance rcl will allow us to convert some of the smaller fccs to obc?  I have 2 or 3 fccs for 250 or less in addition to 2 large ones.  Maybe they could set a dollar amount option to allow this type of conversion.

Sorry ... no..unless RCI decides to re-write their policy. Many would like this option but it doesn't seem likely.