Mediterranean Cruise 2021

travelinteach

I know this will be guesses and I am fine with that but we have a cruise out of Rome leaving June 30, 2021 and we will be traveling one week prior.   I am hesitant to book airfare and rooms with everything up in the air.  Will we even be allowed to fly from the US to Italy (want to actually fly into France or Switzerland)??  Thoughts ???  Again, I know this is only spectulation.

we were booked on the ncl spirit for a march 2021 cruise that was cancelled, but the almost same itinerary came up for apr so i booked. as for the hotels, if you book thru booking.com, you get a confirmed reservation, but you can cancel without any costs or penalties up to about 3 days prior to arrival. i had a hotel booked in piraeus prior to sailing and in athens after and cancelled both with no problems. so go ahead and give it a shot. as for the airlines, i dont book until 2-3 months prior anyway.

i also believe if this is still an issue by next june, we're all in trouble anyway.  im also booked on the jade in july

bon voyage

I’ve also got a Europe trip and cruise planned for next year. Also a result of a canceled March 2020 sailing.  

I didn’t purchase a cancel for any reason travel insurance policy.  I’m not aware this option is available anymore.  My Travelex plan stopped selling cafr options in March 2020. The cost of cafr insurance was pretty high back when they still sold  it-   about 10-12% of trip cost.  

The terms on rescheduling are currently much better with regard to airfare and cruise fares.  I booked Airfare with British Airways. I used miles but noticed they had really flexible booking options for cash bookings too.  

re countries open to us citizens-   I’d say the odds are looking good for potential travel.  I’m guessing we’ll have some conditions. 

3 hours ago, travelinteach said:

I know this will be guesses and I am fine with that but we have a cruise out of Rome leaving June 30, 2021 and we will be traveling one week prior.   I am hesitant to book airfare and rooms with everything up in the air.  Will we even be allowed to fly from the US to Italy (want to actually fly into France or Switzerland)??  Thoughts ???  Again, I know this is only speculation.

It would probably be best to hold off until the air schedules are settled down a bit. The stability airlines, as cruise lines, is tenuous.