New health guidelines for the future

Upper Bob

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I didn't see a mask requirement for passengers in either the Framework or the Technical Instructions.  The closest I saw was a 'strong recommendation.'

Has the CDC issued a requirement for PAX to wear masks?  The only thing I can find for crew members is a recommendation, not a requirement.

It states that the cruise line will follow the most recent  CDC recommendations and guidance for COVID on page 21

Those recommendations and guidance do include masks whenever social distancing cannot be maintained.

Also on page 23 it states that the operator must be in compliance with CDC standards for mitigating risk for COVID as set forth in CDC technical documents.

I do not expect the CDC to drop that requirement until the incidence of COVID drops considerably.   

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Happens all the time.

Scary, hyperbolic headlines are a time tested way to attract people to read the articles.

You see the same thing on the evening local news and weather.  Lot's hype about the possible bad weather, just keeping watching while we broadcast a few commercials, and we'll tell you how bad it can be.  Then, after the commercials, nothing except more hype to watch the late night weather cast.

Amen, Brother....

57 minutes ago, nocl said:

It states that the cruise line will follow the most recent  CDC recommendations and guidance for COVID on page 21

Those recommendations and guidance do include masks whenever social distancing cannot be maintained.

Also on page 23 it states that the operator must be in compliance with CDC standards for mitigating risk for COVID as set forth in CDC technical documents.

I do not expect the CDC to drop that requirement until the incidence of COVID drops considerably.   

Those standards are quite logical in face of a ever changing covid 19 spread of the virus  . We are at a accelerating rate  presently & it is expected to get worse before it gets better from what we read & hear.A lot  will depend on how many shots & how fast the vaccines come  to the public 

Here's a question I'm guessing someone may have an answer to:  even though the CDC can dictate actions in US Ports and US Waters, can they determine standards for the cruise lines once the cruise lines exit those areas?  In other words, let's say the CDC has a mask mandate...does that mandate hold legal grounds once the cruise sgip has entered International Waters?  Just curious. 

37 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Here's a question I'm guessing someone may have an answer to:  even though the CDC can dictate actions in US Ports and US Waters, can they determine standards for the cruise lines once the cruise lines exit those areas?  In other words, let's say the CDC has a mask mandate...does that mandate hold legal grounds once the cruise sgip has entered International Waters?  Just curious. 

I think the CDC is extending their jurisdictional reach into international waters by saying they are regulating the activities onboard any cruise ship returning to a US port.  If you don't play by their rules, they'll revoke the 'Conditional Sailing Certificate.'

Do you believe that the CDC will ever remove the requirement that a ship needs a Conditional Sailing Certificate even after the Covid crises is over?  Once a bureaucracy gets control over something, they are always loathe to relinquish such authority.  We'll see what happens.

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I think the CDC is extending their jurisdictional reach into international waters by saying they are regulating the activities onboard any cruise ship returning to a US port.  If you don't play by their rules, they'll revoke the 'Conditional Sailing Certificate.'

Do you believe that the CDC will ever remove the requirement that a ship needs a Conditional Sailing Certificate even after the Covid crises is over?  Once a bureaucracy gets control over something, they are always loathe to relinquish such authority.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.  That makes perfect sense.  And in response to the CDC relinquishing anything, I'm not sure you can find any Government Agency that is wiling to give back authority that they have taken...whether by autocratic fiat or general consensus.

• Like 2

I anticipate cruise lines will require vaccines for passengers and crew once they resume cruising in 2021.

CRUISES EXECS SAY VACCINES ARE GAME CHANGERS FOR THE INDUSTRY

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5791/?et_cid=3386043&et_rid=100504638&et_referrer=Boards

Edited by Syracusefan44