Jump to content

New health guidelines for the future


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

What if the governments of the world  passed laws  that  it was a requirement  to have been vaccinated  with the  covid 19  vaccine  in order to go on a plane ,cruise ship ,train ,bus ,taxi ie  ?  Could we then see a wide spread acceptance ;as long as your own doctor said it was safe to take the vaccine ? pr even to be able to get a passport  a person had to be vaccinated ?

You may see this: you can board a plane with proof of vaccination or with the results of a recent negative virus test.  So you can get one/two shots once or go get tested multiple times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, pcur said:

 

 

Trust me on this next one:  cruise lines WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS.  They will do their best to make your experience a good one, but we all need to adjust, too.  My happy list:

 

masks - check

social distancing - check

washing hands a LOT - check

fewer people in the dining rooms - check

COVID19 tests for everyone - check (keeps you safe; keeps me safe)

I won't be happy with wearing a mask or with social distancing.

My next cruise is booked for Oct 2021.  I fully expect to cancel that cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all won't have to  concern over taking cruises of flying in  planes in the future if the officials ever shut down the US economy again . Reason we will go into a major Depression  .Certainly not a very happy  outcome  for any of us . Making the right decisions about  America's economy is vital to all of us . I  personally support that every one that can take the vaccination with their doctors approval do so  The other side of that coin can be total disaster  the likes we never seen here ,with out getting rid of this covid 19 virus 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ontheweb said:

In 2018, we were on the HAL Maasdam which had servers instead of self serve for the buffet. The lines for the buffet were no longer than usual.

 

Having had the same buffet on the same ship, I do have some observations:

 

a) Each little section had its own server and you only waited in the line for that section if you wanted something from it. Most stations were 6 to 8 feet wide, so social distancing would be hard for each station.

b) Some things were self serve (milk cartons, bananas, oranges, apples) but that can easily be changed to have servers.

c) Salad bar was with a server and the station was longer than six feet, but again social distancing would be a problem if more than three people were in line.

 

I agree lines were not longer than usual, but you did have to wait in a different line for each station that had something you wanted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

 

BTW, my country club requires those standing at the bar to replace their masks between sips.  Those seated at the bar are not required to do so.

 

Not a problem with this mask.

81j2ZsH5UVL._SL1500_.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, caribill said:

 

Not a problem with this mask.

81j2ZsH5UVL._SL1500_.jpg

What some one won't  think of next . A mask  to allow  a  drink through a straw ;but ,can it be 100% safe against the air born covid 19 virus ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

What some one won't  think of next . A mask  to allow  a  drink through a straw ;but ,can it be 100% safe against the air born covid 19 virus ?

you know the answer to that ... 

 

unless it's a N95 PROPERLY FITTED  ... 😷 🍻

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

What some one won't  think of next . A mask  to allow  a  drink through a straw ;but ,can it be 100% safe against the air born covid 19 virus ?

Masks with valves are prohibited but masks with a hole for a straw would be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We all won't have to  concern over taking cruises of flying in  planes in the future if the officials ever shut down the US economy again . Reason we will go into a major Depression  .Certainly not a very happy  outcome  for any of us . Making the right decisions about  America's economy is vital to all of us . I  personally support that every one that can take the vaccination with their doctors approval do so  The other side of that coin can be total disaster  the likes we never seen here ,with out getting rid of this covid 19 virus 

What good is the economy if we're all dead due to covid 19. I'm in favor of whatever it takes to eradicate this virus so we don't loose the hundreds of thousands of lives even if it means shutting down again. With health and life we could recoop but death is permedant.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

What good is the economy if we're all dead due to covid 19. I'm in favor of whatever it takes to eradicate this virus so we don't loose the hundreds of thousands of lives even if it means shutting down again. With health and life we could recoop but death is permedant.  

sorry, but there will NOT be another shutdown like March - not happening ... now way ... nada 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, voljeep said:

sorry, but there will NOT be another shutdown like March - not happening ... now way ... nada 

Never say never it will always come back to bite you. If hospitalization and deaths rise then all bets are off. We need to stay apart and wear masks until we have a vaccine. The more people ignore the recommendations the more will get sick and yes some will die  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

What good is the economy if we're all dead due to covid 19. I'm in favor of whatever it takes to eradicate this virus so we don't loose the hundreds of thousands of lives even if it means shutting down again. With health and life we could recoop but death is permedant.  

When the economy suffers, the people suffer.  You should research the impact these shutdowns have had on people.  The shutdowns have adversely and disproportionately impacted those under seventy.  The median age of those who've died from the virus is over 80, very close to the life expectancy.  Most had two or more comorbidities and would have died within months from those comorbidities even without the virus.  IOW, we've devastated the young for a marginal increase in life for those over 80.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The people I see walking around in groups without masks are mostly young people. This virus is not a joke for anyone. I am afraid that our hospitals will get over run with all the people who refuse to get flu vaccine and refuse to wear masks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, memoak said:

The people I see walking around in groups without masks are mostly young people. This virus is not a joke for anyone. I am afraid that our hospitals will get over run with all the people who refuse to get flu vaccine and refuse to wear masks

When people do not follow the protocol of wearing masks they  risk their own lives & lives of many others especially the older people  . Perhaps  laws need to be passed that  not wearing masks in public is like   causing harm to others with a weapon  .We have laws now  for people with  AIDS  if transmitting to others .Obviously the answer to  stoping this covid 19 virus  is a doctor approved  patient taking the  upcoming vaccine

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 6:15 AM, ontheweb said:

In 2018, we were on the HAL Maasdam which had servers instead of self serve for the buffet. The lines for the buffet were no longer than usual.

The Maasdam is/was a pretty small ship. I was on the Eurodam (also a smaller ship) in 2018 and lines weren’t a mile long, but it takes longer to be served. This is my experience.  Everyone is yelling out their requests and spreading germs in the air while people are waiting in line congregating close together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 6:23 AM, d9704011 said:

Don’t much agree with you about the transmission business but let’s address the physical length of the line.  If you’re separated by six feet or so and you’re 10th in line you are physically separated from your dinner plate by about 50-60 feet.  Under normal conditions, probably 15-20 feet.  Thing is, you’re still 10th in line no matter how far away you are and the time it will take to move up to the buffet is most likely not significantly different.

Where’s that 60 foot line from the sink going to go. Plus there’s usually more than 10 people going to lunch at noon. 

 

Not sure what science you’re looking at if you don’t think Covid is transmitted through the air. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

When the economy suffers, the people suffer.  You should research the impact these shutdowns have had on people.  The shutdowns have adversely and disproportionately impacted those under seventy.  The median age of those who've died from the virus is over 80, very close to the life expectancy.  Most had two or more comorbidities and would have died within months from those comorbidities even without the virus.  IOW, we've devastated the young for a marginal increase in life for those over 80.  

Young people are dead and you need to read up on the stats. More seniors have gotten sicker but plenty of younsters and children have died. If we shut down the country for a few weeks with strict enforcement and eliminate the virus it would be worth it. When you turn 80 I'll bet you won't say "I'm close to life expectancy" so I'll die to keep the economy going,  you'll want to keep living until your time comes naturally. 

  Exceptionally cavalier attitude about seniors.

Edited by cruzsnooze
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Young people are dead and you need to read up on the stats. More seniors have gotten sicker but plenty of younsters and children have died. If we shut down the country for a few weeks with strict enforcement and eliminate the virus it would be worth it. When you turn 80 I'll bet you won't say "I'm close to life expectancy" so I'll die to keep the economy going,  you'll want to keep living until your time comes naturally. 

  Exceptionally cavalier attitude about seniors.

 

There are long term effects from Covid-19 and these do occur in the young. The damage to various organs can be long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I won't be happy with wearing a mask or with social distancing.

My next cruise is booked for Oct 2021.  I fully expect to cancel that cruise.

 

2021 October is far enough there might be hope for the anti-maskers, by then we might have a confirmed effective vaccine and technology for a rapid test that is really accurate and fast.

 

Still you could easily catch the virus in the theater, in line at the buffet from some person that just got it and was negative at the embarkation.  Closed places like Taiwan and New Zealand are getting to the point of stomping the disease out and you can go maskless there, after a 14 day quarantine and negative test, good luck with that for cruising, LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, memoak said:

The people I see walking around in groups without masks are mostly young people. This virus is not a joke for anyone. I am afraid that our hospitals will get over run with all the people who refuse to get flu vaccine and refuse to wear masks

 

Well the young are slowly and surely transmitting it to the older higher risk, round two is coming this winter.

COVID_death.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...