Quantum of the Seas starts cruising in Dec.

That was one that was cancelled.  Looks like it is now a 4 night March 18 cruise to nowhere for Singaporean’s only 
I just want to know if I make the final payment right now on this CANCELLED Cruise will I get 125% FCC on the entire amount paid just now or only the deposit paid 1 day before the cancellation?

10 minutes ago, drsel said:
On 10/8/2020 at 8:18 AM, Ourusualbeach said:
That was one that was cancelled.  Looks like it is now a 4 night March 18 cruise to nowhere for Singaporean’s only 

I just want to know if I make the final payment right now on this CANCELLED Cruise will I get 125% FCC on the entire amount paid just now or only the deposit paid 1 day before the cancellation?

Pretty sure they won’t let you make payment on a cancelled cruise.  I don’t think it would be worth the potential aggravation of trying to make payment on the website and sorting it out later. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure they won’t let you make payment on a cancelled cruise.  I don’t think it would be worth the potential aggravation of trying to make payment on the website and sorting it out later. 
I have not received any mail about cancellation from either Royal Caribbean or the travel agent and the booking is still confirmed on the royal Caribbean website and the royal Caribbean Android app.

Just now, drsel said:
4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have not received any mail about cancellation from either Royal Caribbean or the travel agent and the booking is still confirmed on the royal Caribbean website and the royal Caribbean Android app.

My booking on the Oasis that was cancelled still shows on my app, neither me or my TA received notice...those mean nothing, it is Royal’s lousy IT department that can’t keep things updated. You or a travel agent cannot book that cruise you are on...cancelled and replaced.

1 minute ago, drsel said:

I was wondering if I should make the final payment before I email the travel agent to transfer the 125% fcc onto a new fresh booking of Royal Caribbean Cruise in 2022

You will be waiting about 4 weeks until the FCC is issued to be able to apply it to either a new or existing reservation. 

You will be waiting about 4 weeks until the FCC is issued to be able to apply it to either a new or existing reservation. 
I don't mind waiting for 4 Weeks for the FCC, but should I make the final payment now in order to get a much higher 125% FCC?

10 minutes ago, drsel said:
37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't mind waiting for 4 Weeks for the FCC, but should I make the final payment now in order to get a much higher 125% FCC?

I already answered that.  I don't believe that you will b3 allowed to make the final since the cruise has already been cancelled.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you’re thinking it will stay in Asia and come down to Brisbane the end of next year.

Hi Chilliburn

Can I ask a question?  I saw some posts a while back about a possible change of ships / location and didn't pay much attention but I think it might have been talking about Quantum changing homeports in the 21/22 season to what had previously been advertised?

We are booked to go on Quantum on a NZ cruise out of Sydney on 13 Jan '22.

Were you guys talking about this possibly being changed, website still says departing Sydney at this stage - or have I totally got that wrong?

Thanks for any insights  : )

On 10/9/2020 at 3:26 PM, drsel said:
On 10/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Your money — do as you please.

2 hours ago, BecAus said:

Hi Chilliburn

Can I ask a question?  I saw some posts a while back about a possible change of ships / location and didn't pay much attention but I think it might have been talking about Quantum changing homeports in the 21/22 season to what had previously been advertised?

We are booked to go on Quantum on a NZ cruise out of Sydney on 13 Jan '22.

Were you guys talking about this possibly being changed, website still says departing Sydney at this stage - or have I totally got that wrong?

Thanks for any insights  : )

BecAus

Im glad to answer your question as best I can.

It appears Royal Caribbean may have changed Quantum’s home port next season.

This is speculation based on port Brisbane booking the ship for next season and dropping Radiance.

It is speculation but I believe it has good foundation as quantum is booked in Brisbane for the following season.

so plan to be flexible 

Heres a screen shot of Brisbane cruise schedule.

B00DB6E7-D5A1-4C26-A425-DC8DCE2F3E14.thumb.jpeg.e59cf24974ca562b830eb31994d30cac.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

Wow....ok, I remember reading something and don't know why I didn't click that it would affect us.

I hope they let us officially know something soon.  In cruising/planning terms it's not that far away - we usually book up to two years out.

We've cruised out of Brisbane before, Legend - in 2015 I think it was, but I gather they can take bigger ships there now, I think I recently read here that they could possibly dock an Oasis there.  When we went, Legend was the only size that would fit!

Pretty sure they usually only do South Pacific out of Brisbane don't they, not NZ?  We were a bit done with the SthPac, having cruised there the most and done most of the ports but, if we do have a cruise season in 21/22 (and I definitely have doubts whether we will,  even by then) I would just be grateful to be on a cruise ship again, regardless of the ports.

Funny, I booked Quantum because we had done Ovation 2 or 3 times before.  I know they're sisters but just leaned towards Quantum for that reason.  And..we normally cruise in a balcony but booked a GS this time so that will probably complicate matters in regards to a late change/availability.   If we do cruise I wanted the option of the CK for all meals etc,, as one of the reasons.

There is an Ovation out of Sydney available around the same time but it is much pricier now and not a lot of availability for GS's.

That schedule above looks like they do plan a 12n on the 19/1, probably to the SthPac I guess but the return date would pose a problem as that is the first day of school which is not ideal, the kid would be going into Yr 11.

I guess we will have to wait and see but hopefully will hear sometime soon if this is happening but, like you say, it does seem likely there could be a change.

Thanks heaps for the info, much appreciated.

14 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So you’re thinking it will stay in Asia and come down to Brisbane the end of next year.

Qantum will be based out of Sydney as well next year. Likely Quantum will be sailing before comming to Australia, it's still realistic hat she will be heading to Seattle, however if she does so chances seem higher for a non revenue repositioning than with passengers. I doubt we will see any longer cruises especially with many sea days for a while, at least not before later next year.

However if at least the Japan itinararies have a relaistic chance to happen I don't know. Not so sure if Japan will be ready by April to allo cruise ships to sail and if yes maybe with restrictions such as only locals etc.

10 hours ago, BecAus said:

Wow....ok, I remember reading something and don't know why I didn't click that it would affect us.

I hope they let us officially know something soon.  In cruising/planning terms it's not that far away - we usually book up to two years out.

If quantum does change to Brisbane I think it would be doing radiance itinerary to the islands.

I don’t know what ship would replace it in Sydney? The only ships I can think of is Radiance and Serenade.

We rolled over a couple of cruises from this season to Ovation luckily,it just suited us.

Next season is starting to be heavily booked, I don’t know what you can do?

May be call who you booked with but they will probably just tell you nonsense.

Like I said ,be flexible. Who knows.

• Like 1

Not sure if RCI is doing something similar with Quantum:

Genting Cruise Lines will seek Singaporean talent to fill over 100 jobs on board Dream Cruises’ World Dream, including marine officer, chef, technician, hospitality staff and cruise ambassador roles.

Ex-naval or maritime officers, crew to the food and beverage sector and hotel staff are also being sought. 

Supporting Singapore’s economy

‘In the past, it was also difficult to recruit Singaporeans, who have many opportunities in the leisure and hospitality industry and cruise lines traditionally tended to use international crew’, said Michael Goh, president, Dream Cruises. ‘However, to help alleviate the severe job losses in the domestic economy due to COVID-19, Genting Cruise Lines is committed to hiring as many Singaporeans as possible to support the local economy.’ 

Goh went on to add that ‘Historically, international crew on cruise ships have to work for eleven months with a one-month vacation. As World Dream operates short 2 and 3-nights cruises, Singaporeans joining as crew can work on the ship with shorter work arrangements that could allow them to see their families frequently.’ 

Goh described World Dream’s Singapore cruises to nowhere from November as a ‘win-win’ for the local workforce and for Genting Cruise Lines, which is ‘providing new career opportunities during these challenging times and for the future. 

‘The restart of World Dream will also benefit all the associated businesses that support cruise operations and the trickle-down effect will no doubt be an important part of the revitalization of the Singaporean economy’, concluded Gog. ‘Genting Cruise Lines is proud to play a part in helping Singapore on its road to recovery.’ 

Further opportunities 

Genting Cruise Lines previously signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic and the Institute of Technical Education to support joint activities, learning projects and internship programs for local students and graduates wishing to explore a career in cruise and tourism.