FLL Water Taxi

capriccio

According to the Sun-Sentinel, the Fort Lauderdale water taxi is now offering scheduled 2 hour sightseeing tours. 

Details:

• Saturdays and Sundays at noon, 2 and 5 p.m
  • Drinks available for purchase on the cruise
  • Tickets for adults cost $20 and children under 5 ride for free
  • Tickets are limited to 30 people (50% capacity)
  • Tour starts/ends at what the Water Taxi Stop #1 (the dock on the New River at the Riverside Hotel)
  • For more information or to reserve spots, call 954-467-6677 or go to WaterTaxi.com/tickets

The CEO also stated that he "hopes to resume the regular seven-days-a-week Water Taxi operations on Nov. 2 and begin the Holiday Light tours starting Dec. 4."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/fl-et-water-taxi-boat-cruises-20201008-hkfmfj5mh5ar5afkct5chki5my-story.html#nt=pf-double chain~homepage-top-heads~flex feature~curated~home-heads-6~HKFMFJ5MH5AR5AFKCT5CHKI5MY~1~2~4~15~art yes)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

According to the Sun-Sentinel, the Fort Lauderdale water taxi is now offering scheduled 2 hour sightseeing tours. 

I appreciate reading this news.  The water taxi is a great way to see Fort Lauderdale by boat.  The cost of $10/hr for a 2 hour tour is quite reasonable.  I hope they are successful in attracting patronage.  

On 10/9/2020 at 4:11 PM, Cienfuegos said:

It's a good tour, my wife and I took it two years ago.  Lots of "ships and homes of the stars" stuff, but it's a view not usually available to most visitors.

There are a lot of huge yachts / small liners tied up at homes.

Not many stars living in those houses as of late.  Our stars seem to be dying off.

The large yachts you see outside those homes don't necessarily belong to the home owner.  It's a rented slip.  My friend is paying $7000 a month to dock his 78 Hatteras at someone's home.

I tell people to make sure they stay on the water taxi at night.  It's stunning.

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

I tell people to make sure they stay on the water taxi at night.  It's stunning.

And especially stunning is the Holiday Lights tour.  The houses and the boats are decorated and many owners leave their drapes open so you can see the Christmas decorations inside the houses.

35 minutes ago, phabric said:

When do they have the Holiday Light tour?  We will be in FLL Wed-Thur or Sat- Sun (depending on which cruise we take) Dec 2021.

All the info is on the website (https://watertaxi.com/holiday-lights-cruises/) including the ability to purchase tickets.  The instructions say "Click the date interested in on the calendar below to see what times are available" but in order to find the times, I had to add number of tickets (adults, kids) on the subsequent screen.

23 minutes ago, capriccio said:

All the info is on the website (https://watertaxi.com/holiday-lights-cruises/) including the ability to purchase tickets.  The instructions say "Click the date interested in on the calendar below to see what times are available" but in order to find the times, I had to add number of tickets (adults, kids) on the subsequent screen.

We were on Princess 12 day British Isles cruise 2013 together, Wendy and Fred.  I think you were with us for the Tattoo.

Is this Holiday Light Tour different than a regular boat tour that usually runs late at night?

Edited by phabric

21 hours ago, phabric said:

We were on Princess 12 day British Isles cruise 2013 together, Wendy and Fred.  I think you were with us for the Tattoo.

Is this Holiday Light Tour different than a regular boat tour that usually runs late at night?

Hi Wendy!  We do remember you from the Tattoo and the Overlord Tour.  That was a great cruise!

I believe they will be using one of their larger boats plus, according to their website, they will also be offering drinks (for sale I presume) and obviously they won't be embarking and disembarking passengers at stops along the way.  I do want to reiterate how incredible the decorations are.  These home and boat owners aren't worried about the costs of the decorations or their additional electricity bills 😀.  I vividly remember one of the really large homes had their drapes open and 3 Christmas trees - each at least 20 feet tall - were visible in different rooms. 

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Hi Wendy!  We do remember you from the Tattoo and the Overlord Tour.  That was a great cruise!

I believe they will be using one of their larger boats plus, according to their website, they will also be offering drinks (for sale I presume) and obviously they won't be embarking and disembarking passengers at stops along the way.  I do want to reiterate how incredible the decorations are.  These home and boat owners aren't worried about the costs of the decorations or their additional electricity bills 😀.  I vividly remember one of the really large homes had their drapes open and 3 Christmas trees - each at least 20 feet tall - were visible in different rooms. 

When I cruise with my sister, we make a day on the water taxi.  We get on near our hotel (Best Western Oceanside) to Hilton Marina, switch boats do that route,  then switch and finish up the original route.  I never try on see the homes and boats.

I love the Water Taxi and have done it multiple times over the years🙂.  It is one of the things I look forward to whenever I cruise out of Port Everglades, pre-cruise.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2020 at 5:48 PM, Lois R said:

I love the Water Taxi and have done it multiple times over the years🙂.  It is one of the things I look forward to whenever I cruise out of Port Everglades, pre-cruise.

Do you know if the Water Taxi goes from somewhere in Fort Lauderdale to somewhere in Miami?  It would be fun to do that, if it did, instead of a regular taxi after the cruise since we dock at Port Everglades and fly out of Miami.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, turquoisewater said:

Do you know if the Water Taxi goes from somewhere in Fort Lauderdale to somewhere in Miami?  It would be fun to do that, if it did, instead of a regular taxi after the cruise since we dock at Port Everglades and fly out of Miami.

A decade or so it went all the way to Miami Beach for a couple of years but I don’t think there was a great enough demand to make it profitable,   See www.watertaxi.com for the current routes.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, turquoisewater said:

No, there isn't a boat that does this.  It would take you HOURS to get to the airport.  It's about three hours via Intracoastal Waterway from Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades to Miami.

For one thing, it is pretty much idle speed the entire way.

Edited by BlueHerons

13 hours ago, turquoisewater said:

Hi, nope......as mentioned, it would take a long, long, LONG time to go from FLL to Miami.........this is a tour that goes up and down the intercoastal with various drop off/pick up points along the way. 

You will have to take the normal mode of transport to get down to Miami (car, limo, etc).