Carnival only line cruising in November

cellfree

35 minutes ago, cellfree said:

It appears all the other have cancelled their cruises through end of November. Can Carnival still be a “go” out of Canaveral and Miami? 

Who knows at this point although you'd sure like to see more evidence of things spinning-up for the handful of Miami and Canaveral cruises. In the end it won't matter much whenever these Miami and Canaveral cruises start for the rest of the fleet as I simply don't see most other ports happening until spring once vaccine availability drops covid infection rates.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival has now cancelled thru Dec

It has been known for a long time already, I am surprised it became public just now. I wish that the company will be resumed to the market after Christmas. I really hope that we wont have to suffer anymore next year.. the companies as well 

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

It appears all the other have cancelled their cruises through end of November. Can Carnival still be a “go” out of Canaveral and Miami? 

Sure, why not? I mean, MSC was the first cruise line to start sailing in Europe this summer. They didn’t all start at once. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toad455 said:

It would be nice for Carnival to announce they are definitely sailing with those 6 ships on Nov. 1. Feel bad for anyone sailing in three weeks & still not sure if they will be cruising or not.

How can they announce they are definitely sailing November 1st when they don't know whether the No Sail Order will be allowed to expire on October 31st or not?

Based on how last minute the CDC extension announcement was at the end of September, Carnival may not know whether it will be allowed to expire until the last second of October 31st ticks away without another extension. If that ends up being the case I don't see how they could sail November 1st. They'd need some advance lead time. And cruisers aren't going to travel to the port until they know the sailing is a go.

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 2

It would be nice for Carnival to announce they are definitely sailing with those 6 ships on Nov. 1. Feel bad for anyone sailing in three weeks & still not sure if they will be cruising or not.

It's not nice

I think it would be nicer if Carnival cancelled the November cruises and gave everybody their money back.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

I think it would be nicer if Carnival cancelled the November cruises and gave everybody their money back.

There have been no surprises about what has happened since March.  Anybody booked has known for a long time what the options are.  No need to change anything. 

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

How can they announce they are definitely sailing November 1st when they don't know whether the No Sail Order will be allowed to expire on October 31st or not?

Based on how last minute the CDC extension announcement was at the end of September, Carnival may not know whether it will be allowed to expire until the last second of October 31st ticks away without another extension. If that ends up being the case I don't see how they could sail November 1st. They'd need some advance lead time. And cruisers aren't going to travel to the port until they know the sailing is a go.

It's just giving false hope to those thinking they'll be sailing come Nov. 1. Most people also have flights & hotels booked as well.

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

It's just giving false hope to those thinking they'll be sailing come Nov. 1. Most people also have flights & hotels booked as well.

Been saying it all along , until that hard date is announced that ships can resume sailing, how much are the cruise lines going to spend.

Many on here have said 4 weeks, Del Rio himself said could take 60 days to get ships sailing.

Just how many of the Healthy Sail panels 74 recommendations can be meet and agreed upon by all involved CDC/Cruiselines/CLIA?

November 1st isn't happening as many are hoping. The timeline just doesn't fit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Do people really think they'll sail November 1st? I have a bridge I want to sell them.

Is your bridge located in Brooklyn? Looking to buy 🙋‍♂️ 

For real though, November 1 is quickly approaching. 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Ok want it a bit more clear. Carnival WILL sail out of Port Canaveral and Miami if all is in order. Is that better? Let's not get so picky.

3 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Been saying it all along , until that hard date is announced that ships can resume sailing, how much are the cruise lines going to spend.

Many on here have said 4 weeks, Del Rio himself said could take 60 days to get ships sailing.

Just how many of the Healthy Sail panels 74 recommendations can be meet and agreed upon by all involved CDC/Cruiselines/CLIA?

November 1st isn't happening as many are hoping. The timeline just doesn't fit.

Guess you missed the Carnival report about it taking 30 days to get a ship ready to sail. NOT 60. So the swami says no sail starting November 1st. Correct it is November 2nd. Carnival Liberty out of Port Canaveral.