Havana Balcony vs Cloud 9 Spa Balcony on the Horizon

CarnivalNico

Hi friends.

Booking my sailing for after COVID with Fam and Friends.  Will be Oct 2021 on the Carnival Horizon.

I myself have been on the Horizon before and loved it, so I'm ok going on the boat again with this group trip but I'm wondering if anyone has preferences between the Havana and the Cloud 9 spa rooms.    

On my last sailing on the Horizon I had the Cloud 9 Spa Balcony room, which was my absolute favorite room on any cruise I've been on.  I loved having access to the spas.   That being said, the group I am going to be sailing with is booking the Havana Balcony rooms... I'm wondering if I should forgo the Spa room and pick a Havana room instead to be with them.   I know it might just be a personal preference for everyone, but I'm wondering if anyone had any input on which rooms are better between the Havana Rooms are better than the Spa rooms.   I've never stayed in a Havana room so I'm wondering if there are any perks there that would make it worth the risk of the luxury of a Spa room on this trip.   Anyone have an pros/cons or thoughts?  Would love to hear from someone who's done both so they could compare the two.

Thanks!  <3

You need to keep in mind that your friends will most likely be hanging out in the pool and hot tubs in the Havana area. The area is open only to those in Havana cabins. You will not have access to this area if you are not staying in the Havana area. If you want to spend time with your friends, I suggest you try the Havana section. It is really nice. We love the Spa balcony cabins best, but if you are sailing with friends, you most likely will love the Havana area. We have stayed in that section too-it is really fun. Keep in mind the balcony cabin will be very different in Havana. You will have more of a "front yard" set up. Good luck with your decision! 

• Like 1

Personally I would pick the Spa Balcony, since my wife and I spend a lot of time using the thermal suite on ships that have one, although the lack of a thalassotherapy pool on Vista class ships is a big negative in my book. However, as a previous poster mentioned, if all your friends are booking a Havana cabin, I would too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Personally I would pick the Spa Balcony, since my wife and I spend a lot of time using the thermal suite on ships that have one, although the lack of a thalassotherapy pool on Vista class ships is a big negative in my book. However, as a previous poster mentioned, if all your friends are booking a Havana cabin, I would too. 

Seriously- no spa pool? Guess I know which category not to book if we go on that ship. We really enjoyed that on the Carnival Magic Transatlantic due to cold weather and on our Regal Princess Transatlantic, we purchased access to the Enclave which had a similar (but nicer) pool and the other various items included in the Cloud 9 Spa package.

Actually the pools in Havana on both Horizon and Panorama were very under utilized, and the spa pool only holds a gallon of water compared to the T. pool on Splendor. The thermal suites were lacking much theming on Panorama. I enjoyed the Havana section for calmness and the hammock. The wristband did chafe and give me a rash.  

You could book the Havana room and buy the weekly Spa pass for yourself...best of both worlds!  I know when we had a Vista Havana room we didn't spend much time anywhere else because we enjoyed it so much back there.  Like Mar214 stated, your friends may be spending all their time in that area and without your own Havana room, you won't be allowed to join them back there.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, firefly333 said:

Dream class has t pool. Idk if the new horizon will have it.

Most love Havana area, private pool, private bartender. Open to guests after 5 pm.

I'd only want spa balcony if dream class.

Havana exterior area is no longer open to guests after 5 pm

On 10/10/2020 at 1:37 AM, xDisconnections said:

Seriously- no spa pool? Guess I know which category not to book if we go on that ship. We really enjoyed that on the Carnival Magic Transatlantic due to cold weather and on our Regal Princess Transatlantic, we purchased access to the Enclave which had a similar (but nicer) pool and the other various items included in the Cloud 9 Spa package.

Horizon has a spa pool just not the fancy Thalassotherapy one

9 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The "pool" is an oversized hot tub that holds maybe 6 people.

DW loves Spa cabins but the spa on the Vista and Horizon are NOT the same as on the Breeze, Dream or Magic.  And absolutely not even close to the spas on Royal's Odyssey or Symphony.

We loved the  Havana cabin lanais.  More room than a regular balcony.  Your "privacy" is interrupted only by neighbors.  Good way to meet the neighbors as well. And the Havana deck , even with it's smaller pool and hot tub, has a lot of seating without the yammering hoi polloi and screaming urchins.😀😉

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

DW loves Spa cabins but the spa on the Vista and Horizon are NOT the same as on the Breeze, Dream or Magic.  And absolutely not even close to the spas on Royal's Odyssey or Symphony.

We loved the  Havana cabin lanais.  More room than a regular balcony.  Your "privacy" is interrupted only by neighbors.  Good way to meet the neighbors as well. And the Havana deck , even with it's smaller pool and hot tub, has a lot of seating without the yammering hoi polloi and screaming urchins.😀😉

Yes I said above I'd only get a spa cabin if dream class. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

10 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

9 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Gotcha. Good to know.

38 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks @crewsweeper. That’s even better to know.

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes I said above I'd only get a spa cabin if dream class. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

we're going with a Cloud 9 Cove on the Mardi Gras.  Not so much for the spa amenities, but more because the Havana deck on the Mardi Gras looks more like an afterthought. DW will purchase a spa pass anyway and I've wanted to do a cove for a long time. 

Hoping Carnival returns to both the Dream Class type spa and the Vista type Havana on the Celebration but I'm skeptical.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

we're going with a Cloud 9 Cove on the Mardi Gras.  Not so much for the spa amenities, but more because the Havana deck on the Mardi Gras looks more like an afterthought. DW will purchase a spa pass anyway and I've wanted to do a cove for a long time. 

Hoping Carnival returns to both the Dream Class type spa and the Vista type Havana on the Celebration but I'm skeptical.

Wow I'll have to look at deck plans. Usually the spa is on a higher deck and all the cove balconys only deck 2. That's wierd they have cloud 9 coves.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Wow I'll have to look at deck plans. Usually the spa is on a higher deck and all the cove balconys only deck 2. That's wierd they have cloud 9 coves.

I know.  Studied those long and hard and read all the posts before booking. Decks 9-16 are all cabins.  really packing then in.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, firefly333 said:

Most love Havana area, private pool, private bartender. Open to guests after 5 pm.

It’s called a thalassotherapy pool, and per Carnival’s website, the Horizon does not have one. 

https://www.carnival.com/domain/explore/onboard/spa-fitness/cloud-9-spa-thalassotherapy-pool.aspx

On 10/9/2020 at 4:45 PM, firefly333 said:

Most love Havana area, private pool, private bartender. 

12 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

It’s called a thalassotherapy pool, and per Carnival’s website, the Horizon does not have one. 

https://www.carnival.com/domain/explore/onboard/spa-fitness/cloud-9-spa-thalassotherapy-pool.aspx

See T pool. ....same same

Mineral water etc. I know what it is, didnt know some didnt know what I meant by T pool. 

I've seen them out of Galveston on dream and magic. Knew dream class had them.

I'm on vista next .. again. I just do Galveston right now. Sorry you didnt know what a T pool was and had to look it up. I wouldnt book a cloud 9 on vista, which is my only choice right now.

If a newer ship comes to Galveston I'll try it. But no thanks on vista, no T pool.

Edited by firefly333

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

See T pool. ....same same

Mineral water etc. I know what it is, didnt know some didnt know what I meant by T pool. 

I've seen them out of Galveston on dream and magic. Knew dream class had them.

I'm on vista next .. again. I just do Galveston right now. Sorry you didnt know what a T pool was and had to look it up. I wouldnt book a cloud 9 on vista, which is my only choice right now.

If a newer ship comes to Galveston I'll try it. But no thanks on vista, no T pool.

There’s no such thing as a “T pool.” If you have seen a thalassotherapy pool referred to as a “T pool” somewhere it’s probably because the person calling it that didn’t know how to spell “thalassotherapy.” But by all means, try googling “T pool” if you don’t believe me. Then google “thalassotherapy pool.”  You will see what I mean.