The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

2 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I have a guess, but since I have no pictures I don't want to make it. I'm just having fun seeing what happens.

Go ahead and guess - if you are correct, you can simply pass to notamermaid (she has a photo ready) or simply pass.

You do not have to post a photo. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Daisi said:

Could it be the Stedelijk Museum?

I wondered that too, but I looked around the building with Google Street view and didn't see any round windows. Also it didn't look like a 17th century building. But I have no idea...haven't been there.

This is such fun. I still have no idea. There have been some great clues but they are going over my head.

Edited by jpalbny

I was wondering if it was the Van Gogh Museum, which has been massively renovated since I was there. However, it is such a popular museum that I would be surprised that no one recognized it, so I'm probably wrong.

12 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I was wondering if it was the Van Gogh Museum, which has been massively renovated since I was there. However, it is such a popular museum that I would be surprised that no one recognized it, so I'm probably wrong.

You're correct, you're wrong!

I am running out of obscure  photos to give as hints, are you ready for a give away photo,  or would you like to sleep on it? ( I am in GMT+5)

21 minutes ago, Mitina said:

The Hermitage Amsterdam?  Little confused because it's on a canal (not a river). 

Congratulations!  Yes, you are right it is on a canal , but is one of the places visited while on a river cruise.

This was going to be my next photo clue

DSC05046.JPG

9 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

Congratulations!  Yes, you are right it is on a canal , but is one of the places visited while on a river cruise.

DSC05046.JPG

That picture isn’t from the Hermitage. It is from the Rijksmuseum, no?

6 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

That picture isn’t from the Hermitage. It is from the Rijksmuseum, no?

Gnome,

I have never been to the Rijksmuseum, that is on my list for the next time in Amsterdam.  The Hermitage was one of the daily excursions two years ago with Uniworld.   The bus dropped us off at the museum and then we walked back to the ship on a 'do as the locals do' tour.

Mitina  it's your turn!

16 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

Amsterdam is totally on a Rhine River itinerary, so it's fair game. I will say that you confused me when you said that the Cologne guess was on the wrong river - that made me stop looking at Rhine destinations altogether.

GMT +5? That's a time zone I haven't visited yet. I have been to GMT + 5.5 though. 😉

Looking forward to @Mitina's next picture.