The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

I swear it's a German industrial complex that was turned into an art gallery/museum(?) that I found when randomly searching thru virtual tours of museums, but I can not find it again, so who knows?

We posted at the same time.  So not Germany! LOL

Edited by ljandgb

21 minutes ago, ljandgb said:

I swear it's a German industrial complex that was turned into an art gallery/museum(?) that I found when randomly searching thru virtual tours of museums, but I can not find it again, so who knows?

As @gnome12correctly surmised, the location is in Russia. 

You are correct in that the location is, indeed, a former industrial site that is now a museum. You are hot on the trail! All you now need is the name of the city and a Google search for the type of art that is displayed and, presto - you will have it. There are many online photos available. 😊

Edited by dogs4fun

1 hour ago, dogs4fun said:

Quite perceptive, @gnome12 - you must be aware of my affinity with Russia.😉 

I also frequent the Northern Europe forum, so I have seen your posts about visits to Russia with a visa, rather than being restricted to organized touring while on Baltic Cruise.

10 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I also frequent the Northern Europe forum, so I have seen your posts about visits to Russia with a visa, rather than being restricted to organized touring while on Baltic Cruise.

Ah, I see - makes sense now. Thought you might possess special perceptive powers 😉.

• Haha 1

Exactly @Mitina - good detecting work! The Street Art Museum is located east of the city on the grounds of an old plastics factory. The outside exhibits change on a yearly basis and entrance is free. There is also a permanent exhibit located in the old boiler room of the factory - one can visit for a nominal fee. Interesting exhibits - especially if you are a Banksy fan (some of the graffiti resemble his works).

BTW - it would be the Neva river.

You're on, Mitina.

Edited by dogs4fun

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place/river. The person who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo.

If you have been on this River Cruise, you should have walked on this path (twice). Where are we going and what for?

2015 -05 Jan Africa 495.jpg

37 minutes ago, ljandgb said:

Hmmm, thatched roof on the structure - tropical/sub tropical.  Looks like an animal enclosure.

I'm going to cheat and look at your sig line.  

Murray River?  Swan Reach Conservatory?  

Feel free to cheat, but we are not in Aus. Our Murray River cruise we had booked for Nov has had to be deferred to 2021. The cruise went ahead but we would have had to go into quarantine on our return as our border rules changed the week before we were due to leave. All borders have since reopened.

Ha, I'm not a very good cheater!! LOL  I did learn that Australia has river cruises.  I had no idea.

I'm back to tropical/subtropical, animal enclosure.  So that's a pretty wide band around the planet.  It doesn't look lush enough to be rainforest/Amazon or SE Asia.  Africa?

More than that, I have no clue.

We went to the mouth of the Murray River for a look. Not much water flowing there.

Africa river cruises! Namibian flag. Chobe River? But I'm not sure of your destination.

Edited to add. There's a Turkish Air tag on the backpack and the guide's cap says "NGO" which is, I assume, a lodge. Are you just arriving from the airport, and going to Ichingo Lodge (Namibia) for a pre-cruise stay?

Edited by jpalbny

Definitely a stumper. I see the Namibian flag in your last set of photos. After cheating by trolling through your signature, I guess that you must be on your Chobe river Houseboat safari. I have no experience with the Chobe river or Namibia so I've absolutely no clue where your photo was taken. I even checked the itinerary for the Chobe Princess Houseboat and read a Fodor's review on the Ichobezi Houseboat- still no clue. 😟

Edited by dogs4fun

26 minutes ago, dogs4fun said:

Okay @vada_9, you are on Impalila Island. Are you, perhaps, heading to Namibian customs/immigration on the island? From what I have gleaned online, you are on that path.

Well done @dogs4fun that is the place.

To travel on the houseboat - which is now a part of the Mantis group - Zambezi Queen and Chobe Princesses, one must first exit Kasane in Botswana at the river post. Join your guide in the runabout. Incidently, this was our guide/boat for our 3 day stay. Cross the river to Impalila Is and walk up here to Namibian Immigration. Your runabout then takes you to where your cruise boat is moored upstream on the Namibian side of the river adjacent to Chobe National Park. You repeat the process on your leaving.

7 hours ago, jpalbny said:

We went to the mouth of the Murray River for a look. Not much water flowing there.

Africa river cruises! Namibian flag. Chobe River? But I'm not sure of your destination.

Edited to add. There's a Turkish Air tag on the backpack and the guide's cap says "NGO" which is, I assume, a lodge. Are you just arriving from the airport, and going to Ichingo Lodge (Namibia) for a pre-cruise stay?

Good spotting @jpalbny, We did in fact stay our last night at Ichingo Lodge after 2 nights on the water (it is part of the same Mantis group), - our last night in Southern Africa after a 5 week holiday before heading to the airport in Kasane. PS - I love my Turkish Airways bag tag - don't see too many of those down here.

I was entirely ignorant regarding African river cruises until rooting about to find the location of your photo @vada_9. In the process, I saw some beautiful photos taken along the Chobe. Who knew?

Are African river cruises popular in Australia?

I have no photo ready so I declare a WILD CARD.