Cruise booked for January

houseflipper48

We are a party of 10 ppl and have a cruise booked for January.  We are having second thoughts,  anyone else? Do you think ships will sail at full capacity in the beginning? Require masks? Only allow ppl to use ship sponsored tours? Not many answers out there now unfortunately. 

For sure masks, for sure not full capacity. Says only approved tours, which might be only ship sponsored, no one knows yet.

We are all waiting for ccl to state exactly what is required.

CLIA agreed to covid tests to board, no details. Temperature checks yes.

While RCCL and NCL have submitted details of a virus containment protocol to the CDC, I don't think Carnival has done so yet.

So speculation, rumors and partial answers along with misconceptions and outright distortions are widespread.  More will be revealed.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

For sure masks, for sure not full capacity. Says only approved tours, which might be only ship sponsored, no one knows yet.

I think the information shared above by firefly333 can be considered what we should expect. I agree with the above.

WE also are booked for Jan (31 to be exact).  This was the third rescheduling of cancelled cruises..  If this one gets cancelled we will probably book for Jan 2022.  Our son is currently deployed and is due to come home between the end of Feb and June ( we hope).  His wife of 2 years decided a month into his deployment  that she wanted a divorce.  So, this momma bear isn't taking ANY chances, I won't schedule anything for the rest of 2021.  I want to be here whenever he makes it stateside.  I love cruising, but...

baf

Edited by bafinegan
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

So far the only thing known is that ships aren't sailing at full capacity. Anything else regarding masks, shore excursions, etc, would be speculation.

If you google it clia, which is the organization of cruiselines HAS agreed to other things.

I read only virgin doesnt belong to CLIA so if CLIA agreed, and carnival is a member of CLIA, the terms apply to them. Plenty of utube blogs about what's CLIA agreed to if you want to know.

No end date given. You will not board any cruise ship other than virgin maybe without a covid check etc. Go listen and find out before you say its conjecture. No, actually its what's been agreed to.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

So far the only thing known is that ships aren't sailing at full capacity. Anything else regarding masks, shore excursions, etc, would be speculation.

CLIA has already said masks would be required when cruises resume so there is no speculation concerning masks, since Carnival is a member of CLIA. 

• Like 2

We're booked on the 14 day Panama Canal Journey cruise outta Baltimore sailing Jan 10th. Myself, don't think it's gonna go, especially outta that port. These always sell out, so I'm wonderin how they're gonna determine who to boot off the ship. Also, don't think I even want to sail if it's with masks in all the public places. Check in begins Mon, figure they'll give notice around then whether we go or not. Wife is gonna be REALLY disappointed, our May cruise to Bermuda got canx too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CRocks said:

We're booked on the 14 day Panama Canal Journey cruise outta Baltimore sailing Jan 10th. Myself, don't think it's gonna go, especially outta that port. These always sell out, so I'm wonderin how they're gonna determine who to boot off the ship. Also, don't think I even want to sail if it's with masks in all the public places. Check in begins Mon, figure they'll give notice around then whether we go or not. Wife is gonna be REALLY disappointed, our May cruise to Bermuda got canx too.

I would assume bookings were cut off way before 100% since every other cruise was cut off early that ive watched. 

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Temp checks aren't very useful.  My son had covid and he never ran a temp and he was pretty sick for about 3 days. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Temp checks aren't very useful.  My son had covid and he never ran a temp and he was pretty sick for about 3 days. 

Sorry about your son dealing with covid.  Since he didn't have a temp, what symptoms caused him to check for covid?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I'm a little worried about dragging my suitcase onboard in the texas heat and being a bit out of breath and it shows up as a slight temperature. I am fair skinned and doesnt take much to be flushed. Temperature check worries me a bit. Just hoping for the best.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

While CLIA has made these recommendations, Carnival has yet to publicly state what their regulations will be. Until they do, anything said is considered speculation. 

Clia agreed to them. 2 extra doctors etc. So why wouldnt ccl be bound by what their organization agreed to do? You can call it speculation I call it bare necessities to resume.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

While CLIA has made these recommendations, Carnival has yet to publicly state what their regulations will be. Until they do, anything said is considered speculation. 

Thats exactly why we are considering canceling. It's one thing to require masks, but I'd like to know if we will be required ONLY to use the ship sponsored tours. I read somewhere that a family was denied reentry after using a non ship tour. And if someone comes down with covid while onboard are the islands going to turn our ship away? We will wait a couple more weeks to see if Carnival will release  more onfo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm a little worried about dragging my suitcase onboard in the texas heat and being a bit out of breath and it shows up as a slight temperature. I am fair skinned and doesnt take much to be flushed. Temperature check worries me a bit. Just hoping for the best.

Take an aspirin.  "Taking temps" is just cosmetic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, houseflipper48 said:

Thats exactly why we are considering canceling. It's one thing to require masks, but I'd like to know if we will be required ONLY to use the ship sponsored tours. I read somewhere that a family was denied reentry after using a non ship tour. And if someone comes down with covid while onboard are the islands going to turn our ship away? We will wait a couple more weeks to see if Carnival will release  more onfo.

MSC denied a group re-entry after they left the ship sponsored tour.

There are too many unanswered questions and too many "ifs".  I have my own personal cut-off point (what I can deal with and what I can't).  With all the possible restrictions, what exactly is the point of cruising?

The last thing I would ever do is go on a ship without a balcony cabin....just in case.

7 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We sail are set to sail 1/9 out of Miami. Ready for masks, looking at ship excursions, and hoping our original ports of call are open to us. 

What kind of excursions are they offering?

Are there ones where you get off the bus to "visit places" that are open to the public?

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sorry about your son dealing with covid.  Since he didn't have a temp, what symptoms caused him to check for covid?  Thanks!

Headache, sore throat, body aches.  He never ran a fever. Didn't loose his sense of taste or smell. He was really sick for about 3 days. He's 39 yo.

• Like 1