Quest 1/21/20 Africa cruise and safari

cruisercon

Cruise Critic

Due to work deadlines during this time of quarantine, we were delayed in posting photos from Azamara’s inaugural Cape Town 1/21/20 cruise on board the Quest. However, they can finally be viewed at www.dickseebachphotography.smumug.com. Click on Galleries, scroll down to Africa/Egypt. Hope the photos bring some joy and recall fond memories of what makes Azamara so special.

We did the Azamara pre-cruise Safari through Micato. It was worth every penny – truly one of the best travel experiences we have ever had.  Kudos to Carina, from Azamara, who joined us on this inaugural collaboration between Azamara and Micato, and to George Meyer, our safari director from Micato, assisted by Heather and Sid.  

Over these last months of uncertainty and disruption, we think often of the staff and crew from Micato and Azamara and hope they are doing well and will be able to resume serving passengers in the near future. We also think of Larry Pimentel, under whose watch this collaboration was started.

We decided to take advantage of being in Africa and traveled to Egypt where we boarded a Nile river cruise with Uniworld.  Again, their staff and our Egyptologist were outstanding.

We were the second to last Uniworld Egyptian cruise, flying home on 2/13. Little did we know when heading home, that this would be our last trip for a while; we count ourselves as fortunate to have been able to do it savoring the memories until the next time.

Maybe a peek at some of our other travels with Azamara will tide you over and satisfy your wanderlust until we can all start sailing again. Perhaps our paths will cross.

Connie and Dick Seebach

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 10:52 AM, cruisercon said:

www.dickseebachphotography.smumug.com

I'd like to see your pictures, but wanted to let you know that I copied your link and tried to go to it but my Malwarebytes security program kicked it out - looking more closely I wonder if it's supposed to be smugmug instead of smumug?  I do know there is a smugmug photo hosting site (though I've never used it). I'll wait to try it until you advise (those warnings always scare me LOL)

Just thinking others might have run into the same problem when trying to view, thanks! 😉

Thanks for catching that - my error, a typo.  The link should be:  www.dickseebachphotography.smugmug.com. Copy and paste into your browser; I don't think you will be disappointed in that there are many photos of the ship which hopefully will bring back fond memories.

I thought that might be the problem! 😊

And am I ever glad I asked instead of bypassing because OMG your photos are SPECTACULAR, simply the best!

I hope everyone takes the time to check them out - I know I am going to savor them and really look at all the details! Thanks so much for posting them, and answering my question. Woohoo!

• 7 months later...

Thank you so much for your incredible photography.  Though your video and photos I relived our Micato safari that we took in 2019 after our cruise on the Quest to Africa.  It was so wonderful that we are returning to Africa this year on the Pursuit and taking another safari this time-(-with another company.)  I agree with you, though.  Micato is  a luxury class company and the staff, services and experiences they provide are second to none.

Thank you for posting the beautiful photos, they brought back wonderful memories.  We were on the Quest cruise from Mumbai to South Africa in 2020 and also enjoyed a similar safari and Victoria Falls trip.  We would go back in a heartbeat.