A to Z of Life Onboard

DamianG

Hi Ardennais, that top has had a lot of wear although I can’t remember what year I bought it. I call it my aeroplane top because I tend to travel in it.......the pattern and colours means that it doesn’t show dirt and stains which are inevitable when flying long haul or sitting next to an excited 8 year old!!
The picture was taken in July 2019 and the top is now waiting for its next outing which may or may not be in 2021.

Isabel

1 hour ago, Monorail Orange said:

Anyone else seeing those sailaway pictures and being conflicted? On one hand its "oh those were the days" and on the other  (at the moment) its a case of "avoid it like the proverbial".

I should say, joking aside, although I'm not a fan of such crowded decks, I'd gladly go back to that..

Anyway.. what letter are we up to now? G.... hmm.. after an extensive search... I've not got anything.

Unless you go back to my picture of the Disney Magic - Goofy is the hull mascot. 😛 

I used to enjoy the Great British Sailaway, as I thought it was innocent fun, a bit like the Last Night of the Proms.

I recently became less keen, for various reasons, including the clown story from a year or two ago, but the thought of all those crowds nowadays is horrifying! 

• Like 2

Grapau27........Your wife looks so glamorous and well groomed in everything she wears  but I  am wondering,just out of curiosity,how much luggage do you take on say a 10 night cruise? Nothing wrong in taking your whole wardrobe if you want but I'm just thinking of all that lugging suitcases around. If you feel I'm being too personal.....ignore me ! I won't be offended 🙂

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Grapau27........Your wife looks so glamorous and well groomed in everything she wears  but I  am wondering,just out of curiosity,how much luggage do you take on say a 10 night cruise? Nothing wrong in taking your whole wardrobe if you want but I'm just thinking of all that lugging suitcases around. If you feel I'm being too personal.....ignore me ! I won't be offended 🙂

Thank you.

Most of our cruises are 7 night cruises and we take 2 big cases and 2 hand luggage cases

She takes 7 cocktail dresses now where previously she would take 7 evening dresses for a 7 night cruise.

The Grand Princess was 15 nights and she brought a different dress for every night.

I usually go on the weight machines most days on the ship which helps me lift the cases.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Hats

Our son chose the straw boater as his holiday hat and wore it for the full car journey South and throughout the embarkation process. The giant badger was a typcial service station unplanned purchase.

Hats (1).JPG

We told our son that rough seas were expected so he decided to not take any chances and deploy the best crash hat that he could get his hands on!

Hats (2).JPG

Christmas Cruise sailaway from Southampton complete with the obligatory muled wine

Hats (3).JPG

New Year's Eve Gala Dinner

Hats (4).JPG

Hats (5).JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 8

A lot of inventive posts yet again. Here are mine....

H is for Hokey-Cokey and there is a story behind this picture. We did a river cruise on the Yangtze and the evening entertainment was provided by the crew members who performed acts which represented their local culture. There were several tour groups from different countries on board and our tour managers were approached to see if anyone from their groups would be prepared to perform on the last evening. Most groups provided at least one act and our group was blessed with a lady who played the guitar and sang. She persuaded most of the people in our group to do an 'English Traditional folk Dance'  so we performed the hokey-cokey which totally bemused the French, Germans and other contingents but we had great fun!!!

1852391446_1.President1(2).thumb.JPG.0d3ba9fb18781c676e139804f9bac3ed.JPG

These hot air balloons were seen from the deck of our Nile cruise ship

662053035_NileCruise1March08001.thumb.jpg.dd791bc9bf3fb54b2dfe6456ec931adf.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg.f583d68ec26d5b888f52ebd1dba821f9.jpg

High wire act on Splendour of the Seas

1562728891_HighwireactSplendouroftheSeas(3).thumb.JPG.ef81f17bff8270b95753da78a24fc753.JPG

1722825762_SplendouroftheSeas(4).thumb.JPG.8638b85c773eb6fcf2ad5166c31701e8.JPG

Our Happy Anniversary cake on Sun Princess 

1068995160_SunPrincess(2).thumb.JPG.bf061948b75dbde61e7be7143794fc01.JPG

and Royal Caribbean Highlighters won in quizzes

thumbnail_IMG_1286.thumb.jpg.3e87d613eea0439e5b09b5673f0d80b4.jpg

• Like 6

and my last Hs are Hostess trays. It's a bit of an obsession to take photos of our hostess trays because we love them but they are generally not provided on American and European ships unless they have their home port in the UK. I get really tired of our friends from across the pond telling me that "kettles are a fire hazard and will never be allowed on board ships" so I make sure I have some pictures on my i-pad to show them. I have also found that our cabin stewards on non-UK ships can usually provide us with a kettle. We love our early morning 'proper cuppa' made with boiling water which we drink in bed....our perfect start to the day!

Arcadia

1186282568_Arcadia(10).thumb.jpg.c6f1f107b3e51d463b9897ed406df78d.jpg

Oriana

500018821_Oriana(1).thumb.JPG.025d8c21e87e6e6a7811d1aabc716dfc.JPG

Boudicca

79725479_Boudicca(1).thumb.JPG.7e6e2b68ad59c53090181f7ef9dbff0f.JPG

Celebrity Constellation

1617871361_CelebrityConstellation(22).thumb.JPG.a92bedf27347a6b42c4c1f5c69bda076.JPG

• Like 5

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Most of our cruises are 7 night cruises and we take 2 big cases and 2 hand luggage cases

She takes 7 cocktail dresses now where previously she would take 7 evening dresses for a 7 night cruise.

The Grand Princess was 15 nights and she brought a different dress for every night.

I usually go on the weight machines most days on the ship which helps me lift the cases.

Graham.

Many thanks for your reply.....less than I  thought!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Many thanks for your reply.....less than I  thought!!!

Thanks.

23kg in each big case.

10kg in each hand luggage.

More weight when we can drive/train to Southampton.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27