And there goes November-- Cruises Cancelled!!

Sugar67

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes...you and John H were confident!

I'm still saying "late spring 2021".

I really thought you would know my thoughts on this from actually seeing my post history before Covid was a thing. Alas, I’m disappointed. Most others can decipher the real opinions from what is being relayed from the cruise line.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"As we know it"....but it could come back "different".

My prediction...that it will not be "for the masses".  More upscale...more $$$...less passengers

Carnival and upscale should never be used in the same sentence. It’s a budget based cruise line that provides an average at best experience.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival and upscale should never be used in the same sentence. It’s a budget based cruise line that provides an average at best experience.

"Barney's" in NYC used to be a discount dept store.  Now, it's the ultimate in upscale.  Things change.  Anything can happen.

• Like 1

Had to do it - had to knock on husband's office door and tell him we got the "dreaded" Carnival email. Got a great rate on Sunrise for a Spa Cabin, sorry to give that up. Onto another search.

Edited by cellfree

Hope springs eternal as they say. I’m very disappointed to see this but at least it validates my decision to cancel my November Horizon cruise last week. I rebooked for September 2021. But I also have a Holland cruise scheduled for April 2021. I was really hoping  with Europe opening up that we would follow suit. Heckuva way to start a Monday I feel everyone’s pain today. 

I’m wondering if Carnival is still feeing confident about restarting something before the end of the year. I mean, just a few days ago they were saying that, on a scale of 1 to 5, they were feeling 4.5-4.9 confident that they will. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"As we know it"....but it could come back "different".

My prediction...that it will not be "for the masses".  More upscale...more $$$...less passengers

Still sounds dismal to me, vast majority out of work foe the lines, islands and excursions.  

24 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I’m wondering if Carnival is still feeing confident about restarting something before the end of the year. I mean, just a few days ago they were saying that, on a scale of 1 to 5, they were feeling 4.5-4.9 confident that they will. 

If they are allowed, they will sail.  Period.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

There is no ban through February like the CDC wanted. I think expecting them to start cruising in three weeks was a bit too soon. Maybe if that meeting were in early September. Limited cruising in December I think is possible.

That had already been overruled.

Of course December is still possible - if everyone wears masks now. It is out of the cruise lines control.