Sheets on the bed

trbarton

Do anyone know if you can ask for silk sheets instead of the regular sheets?  I know of someone that can’t use the regular sheets & was considering bringing there own silk sheets. 

Thanks!

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

We used to have to ask for a top sheet, on our last few cruises the beds were made up with one.  The cabin steward told us that they were doing that now.  We were so pleased that we didn’t have to ask anymore.

• Like 1

Tom, I think you have to ask Princess on this one. I have never heard of alternate sheets on bedding.

8 hours ago, Schonert said:

You will be lucky to get a top sheet and a blanket now.  

My mom does not really like a duvet, and she has to beg for a blanket.

The new Princess bedding has a top sheet. It's standard now on just about every ship in the fleet. The duvet is no longer used in the new bedding set up. Extra blankets are available. Just ask the cabin steward. It might take a few days. Timing can depend on the efficiency your cabin steward, and maybe the availability from the laundry. 

13 hours ago, trbarton said:

Do anyone know if you can ask for silk sheets instead of the regular sheets?  I know of someone that can’t use the regular sheets & was considering bringing there own silk sheets. 

Thanks!

Tom🤔

If they cannot use cotton sheets because of an allergy or other medical condition, try contacting Princess' Accessibility Office.  Contact info is here:

The Access Office can be reached at accessoffice@princesscruises.com or by fax at 661-284-4408.

39 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Pescado Amarillo takes a "sleep sack". No need for sheets. I would guess it's like a big pillow case that she climbs into. She had washes it in the sink.

https://www.amazon.com/travel-sheet-sleep-sack/s?k=travel+sheet+sleep+sack

I was also going to recommend something similar.  I travel for work and am familiar with this concept.  If someone has a medical condition that is so extreme they need their own sheets, surely they have their own 'solution' that they use when traveling by other means and it could be used on the cruise as well.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Schonert said:

You will be lucky to get a top sheet and a blanket now.  

My mom does not really like a duvet, and she has to beg for a blanket.

We always ask the room steward on the first day for 2 blankets and they are there when we come back from dinner....fortunately never had a problem getting them.

Edited by Happy2cruise

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

If they cannot use cotton sheets because of an allergy or other medical condition, try contacting Princess' Accessibility Office.  Contact info is here:

The Access Office can be reached at accessoffice@princesscruises.com or by fax at 661-284-4408.

Thanks for the info. Yes they have a allergy & can’t use regular sheets. I will see what Princess says & let everyone know. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 4:09 AM, skynight said:

Tom, I think you have to ask Princess on this one. I have never heard of alternate sheets on bedding.

The new Princess bedding has a top sheet. It's standard now on just about every ship in the fleet. The duvet is no longer used in the new bedding set up. Extra blankets are available. Just ask the cabin steward. It might take a few days. Timing can depend on the efficiency your cabin steward, and maybe the availability from the laundry. 

Let me get this straight.  On future Princess cruises the duvet is gone and the bed will have a bottom and a top sheet plus a blanket.  Hope that is the case....we hate those duvets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudithLynne said:

Let me get this straight.  On future Princess cruises the duvet is gone and the bed will have a bottom and a top sheet plus a blanket.  Hope that is the case....we hate those duvets.

Yes on almost all ships. The cabin steward makes up the bed. The top are separate sheets which the steward folds in such a way that a light weight quilt is in between them. The beds are very comfortable. Search Princess cruises luxury bedding. Lots of information. Should be on all ships, but some ships may not have been converted before the shutdown. Check your ship. 

Edited by skynight