P&O Cruise with Confidence

molecrochip

5 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

For those not aware, P&O started their talk about restarting yesterday by launching their outline protocols.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

There are no surprises here.

Thanks .

There were dozens of posts regarding this yesterday in the "Vacation Certificate required for Cruising" thread.

Of particular note was the roasting P&O was getting on othe media sites, because they were in essence changing the t&c's, especially about onshore excursions. Much angst from P&O regulars, and some poor responses from P&O personnel.

Also, no actual detail about  what P&O will do when there is a CV19 case on board. 

Overall, not a good day for P&O. 

• Like 1

Well that is what I thought it would be like and I shall certainly not be cruising while it's like this.  Mind you, with the rise in cases in Europe, I still don't think they will be going anywhere anytime soon.    The Netherlands for a start has gone into a month lockdown.  Belgium is very bad.  Spain and Italy cases are rising and America is just something else again!

3 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Jean...I agree with you entirely but we may have our borders closed  to those from the States but they can get in through " the back door"...that is fly from the States to another another European country and then fly from there back to Britain....I know of someone who has done this 😠

I thought the EU had a travel ban on entry from the USA?

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well that is what I thought it would be like and I shall certainly not be cruising while it's like this.  Mind you, with the rise in cases in Europe, I still don't think they will be going anywhere anytime soon.    The Netherlands for a start has gone into a month lockdown.  Belgium is very bad.  Spain and Italy cases are rising and America is just something else again!

Apart from that everything ok?. Exeter looks about risky as well. Be careful down there.😁

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought the EU had a travel ban on entry from the USA?

Yes....I thought so too but only a couple of weeks ago they came from the States.....one of the states where  the virus is  rampant....and came in via  Amsterdam

The link posted in this thread works for me.

"you will only be permitted to dine with your travelling group or household"

That's going to make for a rather lonely experience for those of us travelling alone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

The link posted in this thread works for me.

"you will only be permitted to dine with your travelling group or household"

That's going to make for a rather lonely experience for those of us travelling alone.

They will need hundreds of tables for two. Dinner service could take 8 hours !.

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

They could use the buffet as well, they won't be using it for it's original purpose.

Avril

Yes, mind you, I'm not sure how easy it will be logistically, to seve up the MDR menu in the buffet. 

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

They could use the buffet as well, they won't be using it for it's original purpose.

Avril

You're right Avril  I think I read somewhere that the buffet will also serve the MDR dinner menu, and the P&O protocols also state that a more extensive room service menu will be available; I wonder if this will now be free.

1 hour ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Not if the ship is half empty 😉

That is true  - however don't forget that the twin tops in most of the MDRs are so close together, that they cannot all used. You would only be able to use alternate tables. Even at 50% capacity  (and  I think P&O will aim nearer 65%), there will be issues in seating and serving so many couples. 

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You're right Avril  I think I read somewhere that the buffet will also serve the MDR dinner menu, and the P&O protocols also state that a more extensive room service menu will be available; I wonder if this will now be free.

John, you have more experience than me, but most of the cabins don't appear to me to have seats and tables conducive to in-cabin dining. I don't eat off my lap at home - I'm not going to start on holiday.