10=15-29 Thursday Weigh-In...Are You Tired Of It All?

Belle

Good Afternoon everyone...where ever you are.

Mel..glad you voted too.  Are you busy making the wedding cakes?

Yes Thanksgiving and Christmas are hard this year.  Don't know how I'm going to work it.

Might go away with my son again next month .  Was nice to get away and stay safe.

Has another place for 3 nights. If we do it.. has to before it gets really cold with rain and a

chance of snow. Thinking 2nd week of Nov.  Will see. Can always cancel if weather is bad.

Be nice to look forward to something again. After this trip nothing. It's winter, no cruises.

When will we cruise again?:classic_unsure:

Belle - I started thinking about the time you spent with your son ... and realized (again) that there is nothing more important than family.  We all live such busy lives and sometimes life gets in the way of spending time with the people we really want in our lives.  (and covid isn't helping)

I sent all my kids an email saying that this year I do not want them to buy me any Christmas gifts (they are lovely), but I would rather spend a day with them ... go out to lunch and then just exploring or shopping or sitting and talking more.  Then for dinner we could have their spouse, child and their dad at our house for dinner.  That to me would be perfect!

Everyone of them said it sounded perfect to them.  On Friday I am going out to lunch with my youngest and will spend time together (he is on a keto diet) and we found a restaurant that will work for him ... I will just do portion control and will be fine.

Tomorrow we are going to vote (hopefully).  I'm ready for elections and advertisements to be over.   

Sounds like everyone is doing well ... Take care, Jan

Jan..I know spending time with our "kids" is the most important thing.

I haven't really spent much time with my son so these trips have been very important.

Able to do this because I spend  my time at home and safe for him because of his heart.

But then I have to be careful with him for me because  is girlfriend works on the outside.

I see my daughter more but shorter times because she does my food shopping. We're going

to get our flu shot Thursday maybe outdoor lunch instead of takeout.  She lives in my town. Son lives

a little farther away.

We wear masks when we're together except when we've eat lunch outside on my patio.

Winters coming and that will be out.

We're all doing this to keep each other safe.  Glad their working but it puts more chances of the

virus getting us all.  They worry about me. Never thought I couldn't see my kids when I wanted.

can't hug or kiss. I know we all feel this way. We all do the right thing, masks, washing, ect. But

it's the ones who don't on purpose that you worry about and that they have the virus and don't know it.

You have done good you've had many dinners with your kids. Nice your going out to lunch with your son.

We need them and they need us even with being adults. Especially at this time. Don't know when it will end.

This year 2020 will go down in history for many reasons.

Your "Christmas Days" sound good. One on One family. Glad they all agree.

Yes Vote..Will be glad when it's over. Two weeks. So tired of the lies and mean talking.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Belle said:

Mel..glad you voted too.  Are you busy making the wedding cakes?

Yes, I've been in the kitchen a lot so far this week with a lot to go still. One wedding is Friday and the other is Sunday. I have a break until Nov. 12 after that because we were supposed to be on a cruise then. Next year! 

American Heritage Girls started back up this month for my daughter too, and I'm leading her unit again this year. It's weird because about half of our group is virtual, including me and DD, and the other half of the group is attending in person. I can't tell if the girls at the church can hear me over Zoom because it's so loud in their room. It feels like I'm just yelling at the girls who are all online. 😆

Edited by melmar02

Hello,

Hubby and I got our flu shots yesterday, drive thru. No one there! We got there at 1pm. I brought snacks and out tablets in case we had a 2 hour wait. In and out in 2 minutes!

Belle, would be nice for you go away again. 

Mel, nice your busy with cakes. Sounds like you have a good, safe plan for the holiday.

Jan, you too. Staying safe is important, especially now. Nice you can go out to lunch with your son. Hubby and I are going out to dinner once a week. We do that every Monday. We feel safe enough.

Belle, like you, hubby and I are not sure how we're doing for the holidays. With virus number surging I think it might be virtual visits, phone calls with family.

Take care everyone, stay safe, Diana

Mel..glad you getting the cakes done.  Sorry you have time off with no cruise as planned.

Sure hard on "kids" this year that belong to clubs and such. even adults, I  belong to

a Bunco group, haven't met since March. We miss it. Mainly do it to get together with friends.

Diana...hope my drive by flu shot goes as fast as yours tomorrow. They gave us an hour time. 1:30  to 2:30.

Yes the holidays will be hard for everyone. The virus counts going up and we just had more deaths. Now

add the regular flu season to that.