Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, bouhunter said:

Our daughter graduated with a degree in hospitality business last December.   She's going back to school for a masters in finance soon, hospitality isn't looking so great for a while 😞

 

Hospitality can be a lot of things.  I have interns in the summer (normally).  One of the best, bought a barn in the Midwest and does destination weddings.  Last we talked she was doing very well. 

 

You are never going to be hurt with a Finance Degree of any kind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Domino D said:

Hospitality can be a lot of things.  I have interns in the summer (normally).  One of the best, bought a barn in the Midwest and does destination weddings.  Last we talked she was doing very well. 

 

You are never going to be hurt with a Finance Degree of any kind. 

Yeah during high school and college she's worked at wedding/event venues, winery's, high end resorts etc.  But as you said, can't go wrong with a graduate degree in finance.

 

Our local area is LOADED with barn/winery wedding and event venues.  It's all the rage.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem wearing a mask if mandated. I’m beyond the tanning stage in life and I’m recovering from COVID. Thank goodness it was a minor case which I got from a family member. Let my guard down and didn’t wear my mask which I had left in my vehicle and paid the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, B113 said:

No problem wearing a mask if mandated. I’m beyond the tanning stage in life and I’m recovering from COVID. Thank goodness it was a minor case which I got from a family member. Let my guard down and didn’t wear my mask which I had left in my vehicle and paid the price.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are recovering without complications. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B113 said:

No problem wearing a mask if mandated. I’m beyond the tanning stage in life and I’m recovering from COVID. Thank goodness it was a minor case which I got from a family member. Let my guard down and didn’t wear my mask which I had left in my vehicle and paid the price.

 

I thought the latest 'hype' of wearing a mask was 'do it to protect others'....do you perhaps mean the family member wasn't wearing a mask???

 

I may be ignorant, and apologize if I'm asking an obvious question.  I avoid situations/locations that require a mask, so I have no idea what the latest protocol is.  Haven't even been in a store since March lol.

Edited by bucfan2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

 

I thought the latest 'hype' of wearing a mask was 'do it to protect others'....do you perhaps mean the family member wasn't wearing a mask???

 

I may be ignorant, and apologize if I'm asking an obvious question.  I avoid situations/locations that require a mask, so I have no idea what the latest protocol is.  Haven't even been in a store since March lol.

It was my young granddaughter and neither one of us had a mask on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

 

Why you feel a need to constantly belittle Royal after your Vision cruise was cancelled is beyond me.  You're constantly stating that you will go with another cruise line.  Why haven't you?  Why are you still on the Royal board?  The other lines have their boards as well, where you can contribute your vast knowledge. 🙄  

Totally agree except for the vast knowledge part. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

 

Totally agree except for the vast knowledge part. 😁

 

Because truly, I am so hopeful that head office will see this so that all be able to do it right next year! Yeah, it kinda freaks me out when I have to ride this alone against all the POM POMS!! Seriously I used to love Royal and maybe I'll come back IF Princess doesn't work out! Maybe everyone has become TOO easy to please, ReneeFLL?? Oh well, I am going to keep speaking my mind about Royal on the Royal Forum!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 6:50 AM, lr657 said:

 

You have previously been complaining about Royal on other threads. It probably is time for you to try another cruise line.

 

I kind of feel like since we were both on Vision, am I right?? You should understand where I'm at tonight.

 

And who is possibly brave enough to dress up as a "cruise critic" for Halloween?!?!?!? Anyone?? OMG one day not cheering, um, seriously??

Edited by Beeline Cruiser
oopsie
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

I kind of feel like since we were both on Vision, am I right?? You should understand where I'm at tonight.

 

And who is possibly brave enough to dress up as a "cruise critic" for Halloween?!?!?!? Anyone?? OMG one day not cheering, um, seriously??

 

I was on the October 2021 Vision TA, and yes I was disappointed it was cancelled. It was actually the 7th cruise we have had cancelled so far. ALL cruise lines have had to cancel cruises, it is out of their control. The measures that need to be followed in order to resume sailing are also out of control of the cruise lines, they are preventative measures that will be required of ALL cruise lines in order to be allowed to resume sailing. 

 

I have no idea why you are blaming Royal, but you will currently not be able to find any other cruise line that can sail without the currently required rules. I don't know what battle you think you are fighting alone, but good luck. I hope you find something you are happy with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I don't know what battle you think you are fighting alone, but good luck. I hope you find something you are happy with. 

 

I honestly feel like part of my problem is keeping emotions control with with some upcoming financial decisions. I ABSOLUTELY should not have passed that pressure on to all of you. We have not traveled many places throughout the year, but in a weird way, Princess "COME BACK NEW" sounds nice - I'm the first to admit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

I honestly feel like part of my problem is keeping emotions control with with some upcoming financial decisions. I ABSOLUTELY should not have passed that pressure on to all of you. We have not traveled many places throughout the year, but in a weird way, Princess "COME BACK NEW" sounds nice - I'm the first to admit!

I'm not feeling any financial pressure and definitely not yours. Not sure why you would think this.

If you're feeling financial pressure maybe you might want to put off thinking about a cruise until after most of the covid stuff has passed. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

I honestly feel like part of my problem is keeping emotions control with with some upcoming financial decisions. I ABSOLUTELY should not have passed that pressure on to all of you. We have not traveled many places throughout the year, but in a weird way, Princess "COME BACK NEW" sounds nice - I'm the first to admit!

 

My thoughts are that as disappointing as having cruises cancelled is, there are many people with much bigger problems. Many people have lost their income and are worrying about paying their bills. Many have lost loved ones. I feel we are lucky to not be dealing with any of these devastating issues. 

 

When cruising resumes we will wait and see how the first cruises do. We will weigh the restrictions that will be in place and decide whether cruising under these restrictions will be enjoyable to us. As much as we miss our cruises, we may decide to wait until some of the restrictions are able to be removed. Getting angry at a cruise line for something out of their control is a waste of energy. If Princess sounds nice to you, book a Princess cruise. Keep in mind that when cruising first resumes they will likely have the same rules as Royal in place in order to be allowed to sail. If you don't want to sail with these rules, then wait until they are able to be lifted. No point in getting angry about it as it's your choice to cruise or not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

Because truly, I am so hopeful that head office will see this so that all be able to do it right next year! Yeah, it kinda freaks me out when I have to ride this alone against all the POM POMS!! Seriously I used to love Royal and maybe I'll come back IF Princess doesn't work out! Maybe everyone has become TOO easy to please, ReneeFLL?? Oh well, I am going to keep speaking my mind about Royal on the Royal Forum!!

 Expressing an opinion and saying you won't abide by the rules are two entirely different things.

I think the majority of people feel that wearing a mask on the open deck while sunning is overkill, but if that is the rule, then so be it.

Complain all you like on CC but when you finally set foot on a ship, make sure you are prepared to comply with all protocols - not just the ones you agree with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also believe that requiring a mask on an open deck is overkill. We’ve been to one or two beach resorts in South Carolina and while the mask is required inside the building, it is not required around the pool or of course at the beach.

 

With that said, if I want to cruise, and a mask is required on the pool deck,  I wear one. Those who don’t agree with the rule  should seek a different vacation venue

 

I hope that whatever protocol/rules the cruise ship puts forth, that they are all strictly enforced. 
 

m

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

........Oh well, I am going to keep speaking my mind about Royal on the Royal Forum!!

Not sure how I missed this earlier. I won't be wasting my time anymore since you don't seem to want any help, but just want to complain. 👋 

Edited by ReneeFLL
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure how I missed this earlier. I won't be wasting my time anymore since you don't seem to want any help, but just want to complain. 👋 

 

I am done wasting my time with you and the MASK DEBATE, ReneeFLL, but now that I've got a list building of other topics to discuss! New cruisers and head office needs to know and we can all be very tame and very family friendly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, bouhunter said:

Yeah during high school and college she's worked at wedding/event venues, winery's, high end resorts etc.  But as you said, can't go wrong with a graduate degree in finance.

 

Our local area is LOADED with barn/winery wedding and event venues.  It's all the rage.

 

 

Can't go wrong with beach weddings

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

 

I am done wasting my time with you and the MASK DEBATE, ReneeFLL, but now that I've got a list building of other topics to discuss! New cruisers and head office needs to know and we can all be very tame and very family friendly!

 

Always love to debate new topics.

Looking forward to your upcoming threads

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Can't go wrong with beach weddings

My son is getting married tomorrow. They want to take all of the family pictures at the beach. My wife's first reaction was is it going to be windy because the women are all going to have their hair done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...