TV Programme

babs135

When I tried to film this, it said 10pm... anyway, the record button for the series has appeared!

We were on Oceana in Barcelona when S OTS went out on her first cruise- and the weather was awful- terrible gales, which lasted for days. We kept catching up with Symphony in different ports, and wondered how many of those magnificent outside attractions were able to take place in those winds. We were more than happy to be inside for much of the sailing.

It was that week when Azura broke her moorings in Civitavecchia.

We did a 7 nights. Caribbean cruise on the Symphony in February so it should be quite interesting to see.  First time on a mega ship and was actually quite surprised at how we didn't feel  too crowded .  Only time there were a lot of people in one place was when the theatre show finished and people flooded onto the Royal Promenade.  But even then they dispersed very quickly .

If I'd known it was to be our last cruise for the forseeable future I'd have had a few more drinks   😂😂

• Haha 1

Anyone know if it is being rebroadcast, as we only receive UK programming at home and are currently out of town. Would be interested in watching it.

If you know of any others upcoming, please post, as we don't have a TV guide, only the next 3 to 4 hrs for each station.

It's a series- I think of 3; it's on More 4 at 9pm and More 4+ at 10pm, then repeated the next morning at 1.15am and 2.15 am on those same programmes. 

It might well be repeated on the parent company, Channel 4 at a later date.

Hope you managed to see it.

• Like 1

Cruising with Jane McDonald - repeated endlessly, so you've probably seen them all... but her cruise on Viking Sky is on 5 Select Monday 26th at 09.20.

She's also on 5HD and 5+1 on Tue at 5.00 am, a Danube cruise... and more...

When cruises go wrong on More 4 Thurs 29th oct at 22.00 plus and hour later on More 4+.

Quest is showing repeats of Mighty Cruise Ships in the early mornings; 04.00 and Quest+ at 05.00; again at 07.00 and on + at 08.00 from tomorrow (Sat)- Marco Polo on Sun; Viking Sea might interest you on Mon 26th at 0400 and 0.500

• Like 1

Quest began its umpteenth repeat of Mighty Ships, and added a couple of cruise ships into it. It then appears the 4am slot is now Mighty Cruise Ships ... but there is also another series of MCS running at 0700 on Saturday? There appears to be some duplication which confuses the issue😏

Certainly Marco Polo, Viking Sea or Sky, Crystal Serenity and Europa 2 have all been duplicated in the last couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Thanks for the updates. We are heading home this morning, so will check which channels we receive - definitely Ch 4 and I believe I recall seeing "More". Have watched the Viking ship on Mighty Cruise Ships a couple of times, which helped us in selecting Viking for our last world cruise.

Just have to remember the time difference is now 7 hrs, since your cloxs changed on Sunday.

• Like 1

When I left UK we only got Beeb 1 & 2, STV & Grampian, so these new channels are new to me. Checking all the UK channels we receive, some of the ones you all mentioned are:

- Quest Red - is this the same as Quest, or do they have multiple channels

- Channel 4

- Channel 4 plus 1 - is this the same as More 4+1

- Channel 5

- Channel 5 plus 1

- ITV 4

- ITV 4 plus 1

- More 4

I also noted Discovery History UK were showing Mighty Ships at 06:00, which was 13:00 UK time. They had the Wind Surf episode. Had seen it before, so switched over to Sky.

Is Channel 4, ITV 4 and More 4 all the same channel?

43 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Quest Red - is this the same as Quest, or do they have multiple channels

Quest Red is a digital television channel in the United Kingdom broadcasting factual, lifestyle, crime and reality programming aimed at a female audience. The channel is operated by Discovery, Inc. and runs as a sibling to Discovery's established Freeview channel Quest.

44 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Channel 4 plus 1 - is this the same as More 4+1

Any channel that says plus 1 means you can watch a programme an hour later on that channel.

e.g. a programme that is aired on Channel 4 at 8pm can be watched on Channel 4 + 1 at 9pm.

For info, the BBC doesn't have + 1

Quest (again) .... starting 07:00 Friday (GMT) .... a re-run of ‘Disasters At Sea’ .... the first one could be the ‘Derbyshire’ as no names mentioned on the EPG at this time.

As an aside we were in the same area a few days later and caught the aftermath of the same storm.

5 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Quest (again) .... starting 07:00 Friday (GMT) .... a re-run of ‘Disasters At Sea’ .... the first one could be the ‘Derbyshire’ as no names mentioned on the EPG at this time.

As an aside we were in the same area a few days later and caught the aftermath of the same storm.

Friends of ours, who was also a P&O Cadet at South Shields with me for 2MFG was on a P&O Bulker doing the exact same voyage, about 1 day behind. Although not technically sister ships, they were identical ships. They received a message from the owners to check the fwd hatch, shortly after the sinking.

I was on Sun Princess doing 7 day R/T from Vancouver to Alaska, still remember hearing of the loss on the news.

Edited by Heidi13

If it is the same programme it shot the ‘if in doubt blame the crew’ school of thought in the foot. 
A design fault/ flaw on a vent pipe if I remember correctly?

I always thought that buskers and obo’s were definitely  not for me ... oil tankers I could live with (no option at the time 😳 working for BP) as oil floats on water ..... iron ore doesn’t.

I often think about the one that sank .... it submerged virtually intact with 38K of Arabian crude on board. Would it submerge and reach a state of neutral buoyancy before it finally broke apart? A sort of underwater Marie Celeste 😁 drifting aimlessly with the currents?

6 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

If it is the same programme it shot the ‘if in doubt blame the crew’ school of thought in the foot. 
A design fault/ flaw on a vent pipe if I remember correctly?

I always thought that buskers and obo’s were definitely  not for me ... oil tankers I could live with (no option at the time 😳 working for BP) as oil floats on water ..... iron ore doesn’t.

I often think about the one that sank .... it submerged virtually intact with 38K of Arabian crude on board. Would it submerge and reach a state of neutral buoyancy before it finally broke apart? A sort of underwater Marie Celeste 😁 drifting aimlessly with the currents?

I preferred passenger, where cargo work entailed watching pax boarding from the bridge wing. Tough job!!

Only experienced 1 bulk ship, a PanOcean chemical tanker, as 3rd Mate. Signed on in Dunkirk and on meeting the Chief Officer he rattled on about ship/shore stops, loading through manifold or drops, required PPE, etc. My eyes glazed over, as he could have been speaking a foreign language. He then asked if I had been on a tanker before. Nope, never - P&O Cruises & General Cargo were the only divisions I experienced.

I got the cadet for the first few days to figure out everything. These days, I believe you require a tanker endorsement before serving on a tanker.