Celebrity Promotions

dszrew

I haven't been paying attention to what Celebrity's been up to all year. Thinking about booking a 2022 cruise, but right now the promotion is "free drink package" without a choice for anything else. Has that been common recently, or do we just wait for the next promotion to come along and then we might get to choose something else? Have they been offering anything but drink packages recently?

8 minutes ago, dszrew said:

I haven't been paying attention to what Celebrity's been up to all year. Thinking about booking a 2022 cruise, but right now the promotion is "free drink package" without a choice for anything else. Has that been common recently, or do we just wait for the next promotion to come along and then we might get to choose something else? Have they been offering anything but drink packages recently?

Promotions Calendar

https://www.celebritysalescom.com/1080/

10 minutes ago, dszrew said:

If you catch at the right time, you may find them offering the 4 perks package, which includes drinks, wifi, OBC and gratuities.  I was able to get this for my B2B in May 2021.

25 minutes ago, dszrew said:

that's helpful.

I could I guess book now and change later if the perk offerings change without affecting the price that much. I usually find prepaid gratuities being of greater value to me than a drink package. 

I believe if you book a suite, at any level, the 4 perks are included, at least that was my experience and I am in an entry level suite on Apex.  When I was looking at non-suites, I had a choice of 2 of the 4 perks.  I opted for the suite perks. 

7 hours ago, dszrew said:

that's helpful.

I could I guess book now and change later if the perk offerings change without affecting the price that much. I usually find prepaid gratuities being of greater value to me than a drink package. 

They promote the drink package perk, but I believe you can swap that for the gratuities or the $300 per stateroom OBC.

Booking a 2022 cruise this far out without the perks you want could create a problem. Often the offers are for new bookings only. 

I think you have plenty of time to watch and wait for new promotions. The new schedules should be out soon and there are often incentives then. And, of course, there are normally promotions between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The only think I can think of to make us book another cruise for 2022 now would be a specific cabin, like 1140 on a M class ship.

Of course, a super rate could also stimulate a booking!!!!!!

9 hours ago, kathynorth said:

They promote the drink package perk, but I believe you can swap that for the gratuities or the $300 per stateroom OBC.

For the 1 perk included (Classic Beverage Package) I tried to swap with 300 OBC and the answer was no.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

Booking a 2022 cruise this far out without the perks you want could create a problem. Often the offers are for new bookings only. 

I think you have plenty of time to watch and wait for new promotions. The new schedules should be out soon and there are often incentives then. And, of course, there are normally promotions between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The only think I can think of to make us book another cruise for 2022 now would be a specific cabin, like 1140 on a M class ship.

Of course, a super rate could also stimulate a booking!!!!!!

I agree that the historic season of deals is coming up.  Last year I think one of the best deals was veterans day where they did 4 perks included and the pricing was still sane.

19 hours ago, dszrew said:

If you book a refundable deposit you are able to pick 2 perks at no extra charge.

Edited by Purplsmurf

I've booked when 3 "perks" were available out of 4 -- 300 OBC, free grats, classic DP and free WiFi.

We don't drink, so I've chosen the OBC, grats and WiFi.

My TA came back saying I can't have WiFi, only the classic DP and they wouldn't budge, even when she told them we're booking with her for many years, and have never opted for the DP.....

47 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I guess that tells you that CBP while perceived by most to be the perk with the most value probably costs Celebrity the least.   Although I can't see how WiFi costs them much since the infrastructure is there anyway.

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle. My guess is that while the CBP has a low overall cost to them, it likely has a very high ROI. Passengers who are drinking are more likely to spend money on other things, like gambling and shopping. While WiFi likely has a zero or negative return.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, Purplsmurf said:

If you book a refundable deposit you are able to pick 2 perks at no extra charge.

on the cruise I'm looking at, only the drink package still for refundable--plus it's about $1700 more. depends on the cruise I guess.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:34 PM, alcpa1 said:

with Celebrity promoting their best price guarantee, I wouldn't expect them to adhere to "new bookings only" and allow you to take advantage of any upcoming promotions. I would also expect that changing to better pricing with the nonrefundable pricing would not trigger the penalty. 

1 hour ago, dszrew said:

I would also expect that changing to better pricing with the nonrefundable pricing would not trigger the penalty. 

The penalty is only if you cancel or change sailing ship/date.   I've repriced NRD a few times with no penalty.

1 hour ago, dszrew said:

on the cruise I'm looking at, only the drink package still for refundable--plus it's about $1700 more. depends on the cruise I guess.

Did you click to the next screen where it offers 2/4 perks as well.  If you select 2 perks it's $0 and you can select any 2 of the 4.   Really bad IT.

But yes $1700 more is it worth it for 1 perk and assuming the $100 pp penalty?

Edited by wrk2cruise

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did you click to the next screen where it offers 2/4 perks as well.  If you select 2 perks it's $0 and you can select any 2 of the 4.   Really bad IT.

I see what you mean, maybe they hope people will miss the "2 perk" option. 

selecting internet and prepaid gratuities I end up paying $1200 more for the non-refundable privilege. 

I'd prefer to just get gratuities with the non-refundable price. perhaps again I'll just have to book it that way and maybe a better offer comes up that lets me choose something other than drinks. 

18 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The penalty is only if you cancel or change sailing ship/date.   I've repriced NRD a few times with no penalty.

I suppose if you wanted to, you could book refundable deposit and sometime down the road reprice it to non-refundable if those choices work the way you want. Since final payment on the cruise I'm looking at isn't due for a year, I could easily switch to non-refundable if the price is right and things look like they'll be sailing by then.