Bonaire Golf Carts

gunner410

We have a cruise booked that stops in Bonaire  and we like the idea of the golf carts. We hope to do both north and south tours. Do the carts have gas to do both or do we have to fill it up along the way?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We used Bonaire cruisers for our January 29th cruise.  We had been to Bonaire in the past and had always done water tours.  On the Bonaire cruisers web site you can see videos of both the North and South trips.  We took our time and did the North route which was fantastic.  There were not a lot of places to stop along the way to get a drink, so I recommend bringing your own.  We stopped at an overlook which offered a portable john.  It was immaculate.  The map they gave us was helpful.  The golf cart was in excellent condition as it was brand new.  Everyone working at Bonaire cruisers was friendly and helpful.  This was a highlight of our cruise and a bargain at just $99.00.  Be sure to reserve in advance as they do sell out.  

On 2/15/2022 at 7:03 AM, Nashna said:

We used Bonaire cruisers for our January 29th cruise.  We had been to Bonaire in the past and had always done water tours.  On the Bonaire cruisers web site you can see videos of both the North and South trips.  We took our time and did the North route which was fantastic.  There were not a lot of places to stop along the way to get a drink, so I recommend bringing your own.  We stopped at an overlook which offered a portable john.  It was immaculate.  The map they gave us was helpful.  The golf cart was in excellent condition as it was brand new.  Everyone working at Bonaire cruisers was friendly and helpful.  This was a highlight of our cruise and a bargain at just $99.00.  Be sure to reserve in advance as they do sell out.  

So very few places to stop for drinks and lunch...is this true for both north/south?

There were plenty of places right at the beginning and the end of the trail.  We opted to just do the North, but some folks did both in the one-day rental.  At one point there was a large sign on the road to take the trail to a restaurant, but we opted to take the route that included the flamingos.  We could have done both and backtracked.  We had plenty of cold water with us that we bought from the ship and had a large breakfast that morning, so not stopping wasn't an issue.  But it would have been nice to have a frosty beverage along the way.  You might want to watch the video of the route as it gives you a good indication of what you will experience along the way.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nashna said:

There were plenty of places right at the beginning and the end of the trail.  We opted to just do the North, but some folks did both in the one-day rental.  At one point there was a large sign on the road to take the trail to a restaurant, but we opted to take the route that included the flamingos.  We could have done both and backtracked.  We had plenty of cold water with us that we bought from the ship and had a large breakfast that morning, so not stopping wasn't an issue.  But it would have been nice to have a frosty beverage along the way.  You might want to watch the video of the route as it gives you a good indication of what you will experience along the way.

Thanks I did watch the video's and too bad there isn't more options for refreshments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:53 AM, kimmimom said:

are there specific beaches that are super nice to stop our golf cart at?

We are renting these carts and are also interested in any suggestions for a nice swim along the way.

Bonaire is a National Marine Park and very rocky.  It's doesn't have "beaches" like the other Caribbean islands.  Look them up online and you'll find little strips of sand here and there and lots and lots of rock.  The beach at Soboron is probably the largest but you have to walk between the roped off kelp beds to get out to the open water and there you stop or you'll be run over by windsurfers.  

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:41 AM, breezy1200 said:

Thanks everyone for the great info.   Can anyone provide time estimates for the north loop vs. the south loop in a golf cart?   Assuming stopping here and there for photos, etc. 

Interested in that as well 🙂

Tom

We did the south end a couple of years ago its a great time perfect way to see the sites. Without stopping anywhere that trip would be approximately 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours and the North is slightly longer I believe to be approx 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. These times are without stopping.  Naturally you would allow extra time to stop and see the sites. Enjoy we did. 

• Like 1

anyone know the name of the gps map APP for golf cart routes?

UPDATE, I think I found it, "download Maps.me (it is an app). I dont know how it works, but it does. You basically download the map of the ABC islands and it works just like a GPS, even without cell service."

does this work well?

Edited by rizkeeper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just adding here my experience.  Don't be late. 
They do not take a deposit.  They say they will hold the golf cart for 2 hours.  We ended up getting up late that morning.  When we got off the boat we found the stall that had a sign directing us to the next pier.  We walked there and found a man sitting in the tent but he was not with the company.  He was a very helpful local and knew where the business was.  He walked us there.  It was a few blocks away. 
By the time we arrive I could see two golf carts and two groups ahead of us.  I suspected our golf cart was gone.  We waited in line and by the time we got to the desk it was pretty much 2 hours on the dot.  She told us that we did not show so they gave our golf cart away. We debated about whether or not it was 2 hours, and pointed out that we had to find them but it didn't matter anyway.  The golf cart was gone. 

Bonaire is not a great place to show up without having a plan.  By this time we couldn't get a taxi.  There aren't tour operators hanging around like other ports.  We ended up taking the water taxi to Klein Bonaire.