CC Screen names, how and why did you choose them?

Renmar

On 10/18/2020 at 9:18 PM, Thrak said:

Had a '65 but it was really a 64 1/2. The one with no backup lights. Sold it for $500. Yeah, I know...

Thought I was the only one who remembered the first Mustangs were 64 1/2s. Our upstairs neighbors who were married the same week as us had one, which was a wedding gift from his parents. We spent many miles tooling around in that car with them. ( not much room in the back seat!) 

Edited by richsea

It's very boring...A is what my first name starts with...K because that's my middle initial and Easley because that was my last name before I got married. Someone mentioned changing their screen name, which I should probably do! 

Wonder how to change ones screen name on CC. Maybe just check your profile and/or account? Have to check it out because after 15 years it is about time.

Theo

Found some answers on this tread from 2018;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596081-cannot-change-display-name/?tab=comments#comment-55990969

Edited by Renmar
added info

My married surname is difficult for many people to pronounce. I do lots of volunteering, most of it in school performing arts programs. Many of the kids call every mom "Mom" or "Mama" and the dads "Dad" or "Papa" instead of Mr., Ms., Miss,  or Mrs. Whatever. One day, in order to differentiate me from another Mama, a kid called me Mama Fej, using the first three letters of my last name. Fej is also what some of his friends called my son. The name stuck, all through my recently completed 11 years as a high school drama/choir/band mom. 

Fej rhymes with page.

5 hours ago, Renmar said:

Wonder how to change ones screen name on CC. Maybe just check your profile and/or account? Have to check it out because after 15 years it is about time.

Theo

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596081-cannot-change-display-name/?tab=comments#comment-55990969

If you change your name then hopefully CC will "lock" the original name so we don't end up with a new Renmar. I once sold a gaming account where I had a very good reputation. The guy who bought the account turned out to be a total ahole and got the account banned after a fairly short time. So much for a "good name"

Way back when, before I joined CC my husband gave me a beautiful Sheltie puppy.  She came with a kennel name, Oreo, which we knew we weren't going to keep as it's hard to say.  Within about a week she earned the name Yoyo by doing some goofy puppy thing and my husband exclaimed "You Yo-Yo!"  Bingo! I knew that was the perfect name but I did make it easier to type by changing it to Yoyo.  AKA Yo and The Yo.  So the first time I needed a new screen name I became Yoyosma.   We lost her due to old age on August 1st this year but I will forever be Yoyosma.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you change your name then hopefully CC will "lock" the original name so we don't end up with a new Renmar. I once sold a gaming account where I had a very good reputation. The guy who bought the account turned out to be a total ahole and got the account banned after a fairly short time. So much for a "good name"

I thought about it but Nah I will keep my "Renmar" name. I always can ask my DW to start, how does "SopOma" sound, Sop being the first 3 letters of our granddaughters name and Oma is Dutch for grandma. Actually, I will lock that name in before I post this.

Theo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Renmar said:

I thought about it but Nah I will keep my "Renmar" name. I always can ask my DW to start, how does "SopOma" sound, Sop being the first 3 letters of our granddaughters name and Oma is Dutch for grandma. Actually, I will lock that name in before I post this.

Theo

Actually, I thought Anke was a pretty name...  Hey! You gave me a url for a site when I saw you last. I don't know if you remember or not but I have used that site a lot so many thanks. If you don't know what I'm talking about send me email but it's a freaking great site that, like I said, I use quite frequently. Many thanks!

As for your granddaughter... I love all three of my granddaughters (actually all 5 of our grand children as well as our only great grandchild) dearly but, when it comes to talent, yours is beyond the ability of my entire family - probably going back hundreds of years - all put together. The word "prodigy" comes to mind... I know you both are proud but it's hard to imagine exactly how proud you must be. Obviously, I can't go into why you are proud but... OMG! You must have passed down some freaking amazing genes! (Of course I assume they came from your lovely wife...) 😁

I'm glad there won't be a new Renmar and that the "old" Renmar won't be going away. I sincerely hope our cruise next September happens. It's a drag you aren't getting to head waaaaaaaaay down south this winter but we're glad you are both keeping safe.

Edited by Thrak

22 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Someone already said this It was late at night when I picked Lucky TGO 😁
The name I like best is Tony The Captain of The Rowboat.

ECEB4C7B-9905-44DA-BD34-7AF22871ACA2.jpeg

Hi, T

I wondered if you would post.  You didn't give the full explanation and it is neat how your moniker has two meanings.  Once I knew it, I thought you were smarter than the average bear.

10 hours ago, akeasley said:

It's very boring...A is what my first name starts with...K because that's my middle initial and Easley because that was my last name before I got married. Someone mentioned changing their screen name, which I should probably do! 

6 hours ago, Renmar said:

Theo

I was able to get my name changed - more like corrected - quite a long while back.  Somehow, I managed to get it setup as "steelers36" - perhaps there weren't caps then???  I asked for a capital "S" and they did it.  Pretty simple.  Not sure how much of a change they entertain.

My DH "made" me sign up for this. Don't expect too many posts from me yet, just wanted to see if the name was taken. Thanks Thrak for your kind words re our granddaughter. Say hi to Chris from me.

Anke

Edited by SopOma
  • Like 1