Water park excursion through cruise line

mamaneedsavacay

If we get to go on our December 2020 cruise, we're assuming we'll be limited to ship excursions. We are only in port 9am-1pm and thinking water park is the best of the current offerings (traveling with pre-teen & teens.)

But the water park website says it's closed until further notice- hasn't been updated since last spring. Anybody have any inside info on reopening plans? 

I just saw a post from Maya Chan that they are preparing to be able to receive cruise guests, so I hope that means other local venues will be doing the same. 

4 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

If we get to go on our December 2020 cruise, we're assuming we'll be limited to ship excursions. We are only in port 9am-1pm and thinking water park is the best of the current offerings (traveling with pre-teen & teens.)

But the water park website says it's closed until further notice- hasn't been updated since last spring. Anybody have any inside info on reopening plans? 

I just saw a post from Maya Chan that they are preparing to be able to receive cruise guests, so I hope that means other local venues will be doing the same. 

Too soon to speculate what will be offered in any of the ports at this time, especially in the Caribbean, or what the rules will be regards excursions. If, and when, cruising restarts you can be sure any businesses that are able will reopen.

Keep in mind the port of Costa Maya in particular is a man-made facility developed by, and for, the cruiselines. There is the nearby village of Mahahual, where some businesses have remained open for limited land tourists, but they are not normally “ship” excursions. I doubt there is sufficient demand presently to keep the water park open and it wouldn’t surprise me if many local employees in the port and related activities have left the area.

I would suggest any excursions currently offered on ship planners are mostly generic offerings from pre-Covid and whilst it is fun to research and plan, you will need to wait until you have notification your cruise is definitely sailing before you will actually know what excursions are available.

• Like 1