Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

4 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

It's now gone 2.00pm in the UK and 9.00am in Miami and still  nothing is showing on the UK website.

Call me a cynic but I daresay in the US prices have gone up so this offer isn't as generous as it first appears - six of my next year's cruises are now dearer than when I booked them.

What a surprise.

Regards,

Cublet

Reminds me of the UK free drinks packages promotion when the cruise price went up £500 per week per couple.

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

New bookings only.  So much for those of us who have had faith in their return and booked during the past few months.....

Do they really check that the FCC from a CwC cancellation can not be applied to a rebooking of the same cruise? #askingforafriend! 

Yes they do. 

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

New bookings only.  So much for those of us who have had faith in their return and booked during the past few months.....

Do they really check that the FCC from a CwC cancellation can not be applied to a rebooking of the same cruise? #askingforafriend! 

I'm wondering too what a new booking means. So you cant just rebook same cruise you are saying?

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

New reservation number.  Cancel your existing reservation and rebook at today’s rates 

Well every suite on april 25th sold out now, so I cant upgrade. Those $1500 suites solo rare were too good to be true. Snapped up right now, just checked says sold out.

My only other is my xmas cruise in december with what I consider over priced ccl cruise in between tying me up. 

Almost everyone on my April 25th also booked april 18th b2b that is posting on my roll call. Well interesting anyway.

20 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Even though all the executives say that 2021 Bookings are higher than anticipated, they must have dramatically fallen off in order to offer this. 

From their Oct 13 SEC filling:

Our bookings for 2021 have continued to improve over the last two months, although still below pre-COVID-19 levels. Pricing for 2021 bookings is relatively flat year-over-year when including the negative yield impact of bookings made with future cruise credits; it is slightly up year-over-year when excluding them. We have implemented various programs to best serve our booked guests providing the choice of future cruise credits (“FCCs”) or the opportunity to “Lift & Shift” their booking to the same sailing the following year in lieu of providing cash refunds.

As of June 30, 2020, the Company had approximately $1.8 billion in customer deposits. The Company believes that the customer deposits balance is not materially different as of September 30, 2020 as compared to the June 30, 2020 balance. Approximately 50% of the guests booked on cancelled sailings have requested cash refunds.

Edited by Biker19

This is total BS. I want freaking double points for being loyal and not pulling my money out. This would take help I'm getting us to diamond.
Can I cancel a lift and shift and rebook at that rate? I would guess not but this is total BS. I'm actually really pissed off about this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

This is total BS. I want freaking double points for being loyal and not pulling my money out. This would take help I'm getting us to diamond.
Can I cancel a lift and shift and rebook at that rate? I would guess not but this is total BS. I'm actually really pissed off about this.

I’ll settle for the rates we booked in lieu of any extra points.  At current rates, makes for expensive points. 

In near future, not so sure what the extra points will get you as the whole Loyalty Lounges may or may not change. 

For us, not enough to get worked up over. 😇

• Like 5

There may be penalties involved if you cancel a lift and shift depending on when it was shifted.

rebooking would be at today’s rates. 
Yeah that's exactly what I thought. This is still total crap. Double points here would get us very close to diamond. I'm not happy about this at all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Reminds me of the UK free drinks packages promotion when the cruise price went up £500 per week per couple.

I was looking at prices yesterday for Oasis in January or February. $2,000 per person for an interior cabin. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

RCI wants new money - they already have yours.
Not a good way to treat someone that has been loyal and had money in this company for well over a year. Now people on my cruise for dam reason are gonna get double the points I have. I'm super freaking pissed off. This is horse crap.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not sure how folks can cancel and rebook, wouldn’t they lose their deposits?  

People who have a refundable booking, and before final payment can cancel without penalty. 

* for Canada and US booking only

Edited by happy cruiser1234
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, beccaewert said:

Double points would be nice

But I'm not gonna storm the castle over it nor am I gonna cancel and rebook-- bc all of my  cruises cruise fares are insanely high right now... now worth paying the extra money for some points....

How much $ wise you think a point is worth?  

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But are you willing to pay the rate to earn the points?

M8

We're definitely not willing! We Lift & Shifted 2 of our cruises to 2021 and the price of both have dramatically increased. We're D+ and enjoy the benefits we currently receive, but double points to move up a level at that great a price is just not that important to us. I do agree this policy does seem to be unfair to those that stuck with the cruise line and continued to keep bookings, but we cruise because we enjoy it not to get points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yep. And guess what, we will become D+ after our next cruise. How about those Apples. Lol

M8

We are five points from Diamond Plus and our next cruise is four nights, so this is perfect for us!  We should have become D+ in April, then May, etc. , based on longer cruises booked, so this kind of “makes it up” to us that the first cruises will be shorter itineraries.  

Combined with Amex’s offer of a $125 statement credit on a $500 purchase with Celebrity, we have finally had a string of good news for a change, cruisewise.

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

So why would give RCI you something free (extra point) when they can get more money from others?

I am not expecting them to. We are happy with the cruises we are booked on and the price we paid for them. We will enjoy our cruises and not worry about the double points. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Even though all the executives say that 2021 Bookings are higher than anticipated, they must have dramatically fallen off in order to offer this.  I think they are relying on loyal cruisers to start booking again, but I think with all of the l/s going on there is not a lot of room for additional cruises.  

I thought maybe it would also be to stop some from canceling already booked cruises but since apparently they don't count so much for my theory

• Like 2