The Daily for Monday Oct 19, 2020

41 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

I had to message my TA today to cancel our February 2021 Panama cruise. DH and I are buying a new house and timing means no cruise at that time.

WOW THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! You have a cruise in 2022 which you get to look forward too👍 How exciting with buying a new home!

Denise😊

43 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Good afternoon, to all my new Daily friends! Thank you to each of you for a wonderful place to check in each day.

I had to message my TA today to cancel our February 2021 Panama cruise. DH and I are buying a new house and timing means no cruise at that time. I wouldn't have been comfortable cruising at that time, anyway, but it is still disappointing to have to cancel. On the upside....I'll have a cruise in April 2022 to look forward to.

It's a drizzly day, so everyone remember....

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear your mask!

How wonderful! May everything go smoothly!

1 hour ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Ellie in the undergrowth.

15493515_10211113805946242_9141828231008502348_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=usdxmsJ0sA8AX852_Xn&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=0c17ab0ace7893ea51fb8f66ebd3355e&oe=5FB30F1F

If you look closely you will see an eagle nestled in the branches.

598707_4189176652910_1629755331_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=uT_XBGJOlyQAX9e1mtW&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=e1342ddf8eb402465132ee8c5e57e0ef&oe=5FB2B320

Val

Glad that Ellie & the eagle posed for you!

Edited by cat shepard

In the spirit of today’s quote,  let’s live in a fantasy, how about a image.thumb.jpeg.ca04815f354b69dc5c3361110a64ba71.jpegbarbecue on the beach for dinner?  We can have Greek salad.   I’ll bring the wine, lol.  This one holds a thousand liters🥳😂

image.thumb.jpeg.283c09ee3ec2f49df9b301d059e0dad7.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
Just now, bennybear said:

In the spirit of today’s quote,  let’s live in a fantasy, how about a barbecue on the beach for dinner?   I’ll bring the wine, lol.  This one holds a thousand liters🥳😂

Better bring two! IT IS 2020 after all!

55 minutes ago, bennybear said:

We have a good cover and have kept Our Weber outside forever and it’s fine.  I hope I don’t jinx it!  Though sometimes he needs boots and a coat😂

The coldest Allen ever grilled was in Montana, about 15 below (before we had a 4 day white out and dropped to 26 below)

Allen said we had rare steaks that night because he was frozen..

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

The coldest Allen ever grilled was in Montana, about 15 below (before we had a 4 day white out and dropped to 26 below)

Allen said we had rare steaks that night because he was frozen..

Wow!

Good afternoon all and thanks for the update.

Good news.  I got excused from jury duty 😀.    The federal government is age 70, but they said to email and request it based on CDC guidelines of age 65 and my county being a high level. I received an email back immediately my request was granted and I will be put back in the system for next time. The last one was  a year ago. Maybe by next time they will update the age limit

I’m having Pork and sauerkraut for supper.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

34 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

@durangoscots,isn’t the Colorado ballot crazy this cycle?  17 groups of people running for President/VP!!!  I was busy with Red Cross and Cameron Peak fire last week, so I am looking at it now.  Hope to drop it off this afternoon.  My step-daughter is feeding me tonight, so dinner is a surprise.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Yes on the ballot.... and I resorted to the blue guide when looking at all the issues to vote on although a few were pretty obvious. Glad the voting is behind me.

Now if we can just get the fires under control..... we need moisture!!!

Susan

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Wow!

I know, right?

We had an 11 acre place in the Bitterroots. Our border collie/blue heeler never wore a collar. During that horrible white out we lost power for a week, and Allen had to put Mackenzie on a collar and leash and tied a rope to the porch post to take her out and go get the wood for our wood stove. I actually cooked on it. I was really proud of myself except for the pancakes (hard as a rock) scrambled eggs (like rubber chicken) and biscuits (hockey pucks) by day 5 I was pretty good!

30 minutes ago, bennybear said:

In the spirit of today’s quote,  let’s live in a fantasy, how about a image.thumb.jpeg.ca04815f354b69dc5c3361110a64ba71.jpegbarbecue on the beach for dinner?  We can have Greek salad.   I’ll bring the wine, lol.  This one holds a thousand liters🥳😂

I am ready!!!! Bring it on! 🥳 Party time!!! I am so ready to just enjoy life and cruising!!

Thanks for a great plan! Makes me think of all our times in Greece.

I will bring garlic with lemon barbecue calamari!! Also eggplant with feta cheese garlic and lemon butter! 
 Nice fantasy!

Denise😊

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Love that you tried the cranberry walnut!  How was it?   I knew I should have come for dinner!  

It was good, and one that will show up again here. Looking forward to trying the cheddar later this week.

The rest of the meal (pumpkin ravioli) was really disappointing: not much flavor for all the work. Instead of 1 large appeltaart, I made 2 6” ones. That size may freeze well for another day, but it’s just too small to stand up to cutting and just falls apart.  And the total meal was way too heavy. (Reminds me of the feeling for a few days after parrilla - too stuffed.)

12 hours ago, cat shepard said:

12 hours ago, cat shepard said:

This New Zealand SB has great ratings, and an amazing average price of $12 - if you can find it. I found one vendor who would ship to the states. That bottle would cost you $28 - but that might include shipping. This sounds like a really nice wine. @erewhon do you ship?🙃

#40 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

Here at Matua, Sauvignon Blanc is pretty special. That's because back in 1974, we produced NZ's very first Sauvignon Blanc. 10 years later, they were making it in Marlborough. Now, Marlborough Sauvy is world famous for its unique, fresh flavors. For this wine, we've chosen grapes from across Marlborough, giving you the best crisp and tropical flavors Marlborough has to offer all in one sip!

WS90 Wine Spectator

Succulent, fleshy peach and nectarine flavors are accented by Key lime, mango and ruby grapefruit notes. Shows nice intensity on the long, expressive finish.

Had not thought of shipping!

Not sure if that vintage will still be readily available.

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I AM BACK!!! First I want everyone to know how much I appreciated all of your caring thoughts and prayers!! 🙏 THANK YOU

TO EVERYONE MAKE THIS THE BEST DAY!

ALWAYS APPRECIATE THE NEW BEGINNINGS IF EVERY DAY!

Denise😊

Denise,

Pleased to see that you are back, you have been missed.

We send you our condolences, and cyber hugs.

Yes, always make the most of every day.

I could not find Matua Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough in my local liquor store.  I did though find Matua Hawke's Bay Sauvignon 2019.  It was priced at $18.99 Canadian.  Both the dh and I like it.

So I can not recommend today's wine, but the above is pretty good.

Val

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Denise,

Pleased to see that you are back, you have been missed.

We send you our condolences, and cyber hugs.

Yes, always make the most of every day.

You are always so kind erewhon!! Glad to see your Prime minister was re elected! I feel your cyber hugs! Back at you too!!

Have an awesome day too!

Denise😀

9 hours ago, Marmot@Sea said:

I could not find Matua Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough in my local liquor store.  I did though find Matua Hawke's Bay Sauvignon 2019.  It was priced at $18.99 Canadian.  Both the dh and I like it.

So I can not recommend today's wine, but the above is pretty good.

Val

Val, thank you for letting us know. I am going to add it to my list. 

15 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

You are always so kind erewhon!! Glad to see your Prime minister was re elected! I feel your cyber hugs! Back at you too!!

Have an awesome day too!

Denise😀

I want Jacinda!