One(?) Most Thing About Cruising You Look Forward To

LGW59

If you had to name the one most thing about cruising, that you look forward to, what would it be?  OK, there might be two, or 3 or 4...

1. Coffee and breakfast on my balcony, every single day, sun reflecting on the water

2. Late night glass of Pinot Grigio in an open air bar, the moon hovering over the sea

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Sitting in Al Bacio- reading my book and watching the sea go by. Turning my head watching my fellow passengers go by!

yes but jealous that you have already gotten to have the experience.  Lived vicariously through your posts.

• Like 1

We love not having to cook, clean or do laundry for at least 3-5 weeks at a time. But we also love looking forward to what the next day will bring, whether it's going on an excursion at some cool port or finding things to do around the ship on sea days. And then there's hanging out on the balcony watching the waves go by and hoping to get a glimpse of some ocean life along the way.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

yes but jealous that you have already gotten to have the experience.  Lived vicariously through your posts.

I had- yes- and loved it-  thank you for following me. So my I had my " cruise fix" for this year- now it is waiting and hopeing for the best- even though the situation here in Europe does look rather dire these past weeks, with the second have of the Pandemie hitting us hard.

We should be on Silhouette now...It was booked as a real rest and relaxation cruise, no intention of doing anything other than enjoy the ship. As an extra treat we had booked the PH as we celebrated our Ruby wedding this year. Just sitting on the balcony in the morning with a coffee or in the evening with a cognac sounds like heaven...

So missing the restaurants. We would have dined in Tuscan first night and last night would have been Murano’s. We so love the atmosphere in the speciality restaurants on Celebrity S class ships. Each meal feels like an ‘event’ but never in a ‘stuffy’ way...

Ah well, we have switched to next September, only 300+ days to go...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We love not having to cook, clean or do laundry for at least 3-5 weeks at a time. But we also love looking forward to what the next day will bring, whether it's going on an excursion at some cool port or finding things to do around the ship on sea days. And then there's hanging out on the balcony watching the waves go by and hoping to get a glimpse of some ocean life along the way.

This.

Our last cruise was in an inside cabin on the Edge, and the one before that was a Royal Suite on Reflection, so we have done it all - but the no cooking and cleaning and relaxing on the balcony/Magic Carpet is the same.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If you had to name the one most thing about cruising, that you look forward to, what would it be?  OK, there might be two, or 3 or 4...

1. Coffee and breakfast on my balcony, every single day, sun reflecting on the water

2. Late night glass of Pinot Grigio in an open air bar, the moon hovering over the sea

The Ports

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Wasn't this topic reviewed 10 times already or was it 30 ?

Ok-- No need to tell me---- I'll move on .

Don’t move on...just read and enjoy the flow of what so many of us enjoy and are now missing.

Even if you only find one item on this post of something special that you may enjoy on a future cruise then the reading will have been worthwhile.

We are E+ now but still find ideas/experiences related that are new to us.

May every cruise you embark offer something new to you be it 10th or 30th...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Having coffee and watching our ship dock in each port in the morning with my bestie, or having drinks at the Martini bar with my bestie, her hubby and my hubby every evening.  Heck, I'm so hard up to go, I'd even look forward to disembarkation and the dreaded sad last day of the cruise!  Please let this go away!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Wasn't this topic reviewed 10 times already or was it 30 ?

Ok-- No need to tell me---- I'll move on .

Gonna miss you, go do your multiple posts on other subjects.  For me, reading good positive feedback from others, AHHHHHH yes so nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

For me, reading good positive feedback from others, AHHHHHH yes so nice!

Agree-- my point is that we have read the same thing over and over again. So, let's find something new.

( Appreciate you reading my posts ).