If the rumours are true that Celebrity will become an all inclusive cruiseline...

Quo Vadis?

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You are assuming this knowledge is known but being kept secret.  Given the 40 page laundry list of details that still have to be worked out, how likely is it that marketing has had a chance to cost out the answer?

There have been innumerable discussions on CC going back several months on how Celebrity could achieve a reduced passenger load. I believe that it is quite reasonable to assume that Celebrity has taken a proactive approach and has long since made the determination of how best to achieve the reduction. 

On the other hand, I don't think that Celebrity is keeping it secret. Rather than releasing information in dribs and drabs, I suspect that in due course they will publish a comprehensive list of changes being implemented as a result of the CDC's framework document.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

There have been innumerable discussions on CC going back several months on how Celebrity could achieve a reduced passenger load. I believe that it is quite reasonable to assume that Celebrity has taken a proactive approach and has long since made the determination of how best to achieve the reduction. 

On the other hand, I don't think that Celebrity is keeping it secret. Rather than releasing information in dribs and drabs, I suspect that in due course they will publish a comprehensive list of changes being implemented as a result of the CDC's framework document.

Totally agree, the dribs and drabs release serves no purpose.  I work for a large international law firm, with offices in US, UK, Brussels, China, HK, Singapore and Taiwan.  We all know that each of these countries/continents have handled COVID in different manners (not a political statement, just a fact).  I am a director in a US office and am involved in planning, phases, information and communication.  We do not dump information day after day, rather we are very strategic about it and it is focused in each location in which we have an office, whether that be the US or internationally, our employees want facts not "what ifs".  Note that ALL of our offices are currently closed and primarily in a work from home status until sometime next year.  In some of our US offices we are what we call "limited access" allowing up to 20% of employees office access on any given day.  They have to follow many protocols before we allow them access and logistically it is very challenging on the back end, i.e. for me and my team to manage.  No need to go into all of my firms details, but being a part of this in a small way, I can only imagine what cruise lines have to deal with thousands and thousands of passenger planning and protocols.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Argo. said:

Over the last six months what information about anything, other  than sales, has Celebrity given us.  Nada, nix, nothing..

Without speculation, these boards would have nothing to "talk" about.

You raise a very good point, and I can feel the frustration that is coming through on many of your posts.  Very sad, as you are a long-time Celebrity customer and helped grow them into the huge organization they are today.  I am also a long time customer (more than 50 cruises) and am very disappointed in the little communication that has come through.  I know final decisions on many things have not been made so of course they can't tell us everything.  But as a former enterprise project manager for a large corporation in real life, I can tell you I never would have survived by giving my stakeholders (and that is truly what we all are; official stockholders or not), such a dearth of information.  Regular status reports were a requirement.  All we get are sales emails and say-nothing gibberish from LLP.  Very sad.

23 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Agreed. I would not be surprised for them to release that this week - it is IMHO very likely that they have had it mostly ready pending the CDC's decision.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will have to wait and see.  Remember it's all just Marketing.   I suspect you just won't be able to choose perks anymore it will just be all included in the price.   I'm sure if you stick with your old price and promo you will continue to get what you paid for.

3 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

That’s not to bad , glad to see they don’t have the the $300 obc included 

from what I've heard there will be different levels of all inclusive. One of them will include OBC

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

How is that all inclusive? It either is or isn't.

All inclusive is whatever the cruise line deems to be profitable. I suppose it's like flying economy, premium or business on a full service airline. The level of all inclusiveness will depend on the class in which you choose to travel. Drinks might be included for everyone but you might pay a higher price if you want a premium package. Wifi might be included for everyone but do you want to check emails or stream movies? 

These changes are designed to increase profit so don't go expecting one level of AI in my opinion. 

Edited by dvt8

My guess is that they go for two tier pricing like Princess

Option 1 - "All Inclusive" - Classic Drink Package, Pre-Paid Gratuity and Wifi for all Guests in cabin, Suites get upgraded to Premium Drinks Package.  Deposit options of Refundable or Non-Refundable with the Non-Refundable getting a small savings per cabin.

Option 2 - Room Only - no perks, all bookings require a Non-Refundable Deposit

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

It's an obvious statement, I don't want praise. It's just as I read all of the many posts it appears that some people think that Celebrity are a charity run to please thier individual needs! 

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

If it comes to reality, what happens to the cruises that are already booked? Do they honor the accepted booking or will they cancel or reprice it?

Existing bookings will keep their pricing and amenities, as always is the case when a new promo or pricing campaign starts.  If you later refare it will be at prevailing rates/offers, just like always.

The "all inclusive" pricing will apply to all new bookings made after xyz date

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dvt8 said:

It's an obvious statement, I don't want praise. It's just as I read all of the many posts it appears that some people think that Celebrity are a charity run to please thier individual needs! 

No praise coming your way from here...silly statement that people see Celebrity as a charity, truly very very silly 

Just now, LGW59 said:

No praise coming your way from here...silly statement that people see Celebrity as a charity, truly very very silly 

yes, I was being sarcastic. Are you implying that I have made a silly statement by simply reading all of the posts where people are wanting celebrity not to change for the benefit of survival? Or are you one of the people that don't want celebrity to change? 

Either way, I'm personally for the change and I hope that celebrity come out of this crisis as a viable cruise line. 

Just now, dvt8 said:

yes, I was being sarcastic. Are you implying that I have made a silly statement by simply reading all of the posts where people are wanting celebrity not to change for the benefit of survival? Or are you one of the people that don't want celebrity to change? 

Either way, I'm personally for the change and I hope that celebrity come out of this crisis as a viable cruise line. 

Apologies, did not get that from first reading your posts...I am one though who will be fine if they go all inclusive.  Sail on!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 1:18 PM, phoenix_dream said:

You raise a very good point, and I can feel the frustration that is coming through on many of your posts.  Very sad, as you are a long-time Celebrity customer and helped grow them into the huge organization they are today.  I am also a long time customer (more than 50 cruises) and am very disappointed in the little communication that has come through.  I know final decisions on many things have not been made so of course they can't tell us everything.  But as a former enterprise project manager for a large corporation in real life, I can tell you I never would have survived by giving my stakeholders (and that is truly what we all are; official stockholders or not), such a dearth of information.  Regular status reports were a requirement.  All we get are sales emails and say-nothing gibberish from LLP.  Very sad.

With all of the uncertainty, how could they possibly release regular updates, when they have had none themselves.  I am pleased thus far with how it has all been handled by Celebrity.  Got a couple of upcoming cruises for May 2021...so I will wait and see.

14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Option 2 - Room Only - no perks, all bookings require a Non-Refundable Deposit

That would be the best option for us , especially when they offer a low deposit as they have done several times in the past. I can't remember if it was only offered when we booked a future cruise while on board. On a few occasions the deposit was $ 50 per person for Canadian residents and refundable .

I doubt if we'll ever see that again. 

If this new marketing campaign somehow replaces the concept of different categories of "free perks" which we know were never free- and were always confusing- than I am hopeful but eagerly await what all of you travel professionals invited to the roll out seminars tell us.  No need to speculate but I know that is fun too.

There are a few documents out there already that make me believe the new pricing structure (as they call it) may only apply to the Galapagos ships and Edge class. We'll see. 

I'll hold off on posting the graphic. There are a few descriptors listed that will undoubtedly ruffle some feathers here. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are a few documents out there already that make me believe the new pricing structure (as they call it) may only apply to the Galapagos ships and Edge class. We'll see. 

I'll hold off on posting the graphic. There are a few descriptors listed that will undoubtedly ruffle some feathers here. 

Oh come on, post the graphic.  Let's have something new to chew on.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

This makes sense to me.