RCL files for patent for tracelet

The chip in all new charge card is exactly that. (rifd) All you need to do is place you card close to the reader instead of swiping it or sticking it in the reader.  It has two way communications. This devise is now used in many different configurations. It is very short range. Also used to prevent theft of retail items.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The chip in all new charge card is exactly that. (rifd) All you need to do is place you card close to the reader instead of swiping it or sticking it in the reader.

I believe there are actually TWO chips in credit cards, one is the RFID hidden inside then there's the visible chip on the face of the card.  Not all cards with the visible chip have the RFID chip, you need to look for the symbol on the face of the card that looks like the WiFi icon on your phone or computer, this would indicate it has the RFID chip.  It's also in some new driver licenses and it's also in your passport.

Look up Princess' "Medallion" setup, probably a similar concept.

4 hours ago, hallux said:

I believe there are actually TWO chips in credit cards, one is the RFID hidden inside then there's the visible chip on the face of the card.  Not all cards with the visible chip have the RFID chip, you need to look for the symbol on the face of the card that looks like the WiFi icon on your phone or computer, this would indicate it has the RFID chip.  It's also in some new driver licenses and it's also in your passport.

Look up Princess' "Medallion" setup, probably a similar concept.

Please. I never said there was only one chip. The one you see is NOT it. That is for inserting the card into the reader. Did I! You are correct about the symbol. (((( Something like it. As for like the Princess Medallion. Not even close.

There is a difference between active and passive RFID chips.  Based on this: https://www.reasonstocruise.com/wearable-technology/  the current WOW bands use passive so WOW bands can't talk to each other.  

This describes the difference: https://www.atlasrfidstore.com/rfid-insider/active-rfid-vs-passive-rfid

In order to do contact tracing with bands they will have to include active RFID chips and a power source.

Tom

8 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Did I!

You kind of did...

13 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The chip in all new charge card is exactly that. (rifd

Not all new cards have RFID but all new cards DO have the other chip...

For what it's  worth, here is the filing on the USPTO.   It isn't anything that explains the meaning, but I thought might help with the concerns over the source. 

https://uspto.report/TM/88881222

It's a Trademark application for the name "Emuster".  As others have mentioned, these already exist and I'm sure the tech is patented.  

They also applied for trademarks "SEAFACE", "TOUCHLESS", "CRUISE SAFE",  and "ROYAL PROMISE".

"Touchless" seems like a stretch for a trademark.

16 minutes ago, gerif said:

Big difference between a patent or a trademark. Can still take years to clear the USPTO but they can use it in the meantime. 

They can't use if it is already trademarked. Otherwise, they don't need a trademark to use it but they can't protect the name without a trademark.

This is not a patent application. It's a trademark application. When a patent application is filed, it is usually confidential for 18 months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pratique said:

They can't use if it is already trademarked. Otherwise, they don't need a trademark to use it but they can't protect the name without a trademark.

This is not a patent application. It's a trademark application. When a patent application is filed, it is usually confidential for 18 months.

True, but one would think that a simple search was done on the proposed trademark prior to spending the money to file an application (one of my tasks in the 43+ years I spent in IP law). 

4 minutes ago, gerif said:

True, but one would think that a simple search was done on the proposed trademark prior to spending the money to file an application (one of my tasks in the 43+ years I spent in IP law). 

I would assume they did a search. But trademark applications are not very expensive either and they depend on the classification of the mark. Maybe the mark is in use but in a different class. In any event, it's not a patent application.

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

For what it's  worth, here is the filing on the USPTO.   It isn't anything that explains the meaning, but I thought might help with the concerns over the source. 

https://uspto.report/TM/88881222

It's a Trademark application for the name "Emuster".  As others have mentioned, these already exist and I'm sure the tech is patented.  

They also applied for trademarks "SEAFACE", "TOUCHLESS", "CRUISE SAFE",  and "ROYAL PROMISE".

"Touchless" seems like a stretch for a trademark.

The EMUSTER mark has been refused by the Patent and Trademark Office for not meeting the legal requirements for a trademark (it's "merely descriptive"). It's not clear if RC will appeal this or give up. I didn't look into the others but they might not be granted either. And even if they are are granted there is no assurance that RC will even use them on its products. I think too much is read into what these trademark filings mean. But I guess it's fodder for the YouTubers.

• Thanks 1

Same guy said rcl trademarked a mask and has done nothing with it since. Yes, all it is is trademarking the name. The trademark says very little to nothing about it, that it's a rubberized wristband, not what it's for. Maybe they want to change the name of wow bands, or add to their functionality?

Or maybe we will see masks for sale with rcl logos who knows if they will do anything with the trademarks. 

Let's hope cruising resumes soon, I think people are bored with no cruises to talk about. Please restart soon. 

20201022_214744.jpg