H....Happily

A....Action  (Exercise)

T....Today

T....Tough It

O....Out

S...Smile

A...AT

Y...Yourself

Love Yourself No Matter What Size/Weight Your At...Yes It's Good To Lose Weight To Be Healthier...(know you want to be thinner too)

And You Will...But Remember Your A Wonderful, Worth While Person No Matter What The Number ....(your not a number)

On The Scale Says..Don't Let The Numbers Get You Down....I know You'll Get The Pounds You What Off. (and inches)

Even If Takes Longer Than You Want.  So Be Happy As The Pounds Go Down  And Maybe Sometimes Up ..(we're human it will happen)

So Celebrate The Wonderful, Loving, And Smart Person You Are..Yes Your Smart..Your Here!:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Belle, Just love starting my day off by reading your Thursday posts!!!  Thank you so much.

I am down 0.6# - wanted to be down more, but I am glad that it isn't up this week.  I did exercise and I counted calories and didn't cheat.   I am going to "stay the course" through the end of the year and then see where I'm at and how long to continue after that.  

Hope everyone has a good day.  Jan

• Like 1

Belle your poem is just what I need right now.  

I stayed the same this week.  My weight fluctuates up to 2 lbs everyday , drives me crazy tried not to weigh everyday.  This  week feel like my body sabotaged me.

I had one bad day that I probably ate 300 more calories ( haven’t been seriously counting calories because with little appetite have probably eaten less than 800 healthy calories a day. 

A great funny park ranger died unexpectedly 2 weeks ago.   He would race the little dogs with his 4 wheeled utility cart along the dog park fence line.  Of course the dogs were inside the park and he on outside.  He meant a lot to several dog owners.  We have  permanent benches in the park that have a spot for a memorial plaque.

one will be in his honor  simply reading

JAY TRAVIS ANDREWS

LAUGH a lot,  LIVE every moment

Ladies live every moment and laugh a lot.

Hello,

Belle, great words. Thanks for that.

I was hoping to lose something but no, stayed the same. And I'm still trying to lose the lb. I gained 2 weeks ago.😆

I'm still at my lowest weight in years so feel good about that. 

Jan, great to have a loss. You're working hard.

Izena, stay the same is ok. Sorry about the park ranger, sad. Nice that there will be something to commerorate him.

Take care, Diana

Hi all,

Thanks Belle for starting the week.

Jan, nice loss. 

Izena, sorry about the park ranger. The stress may have your body holding onto weight. 

Diana - staying close to goal is awesome. Hopefully I'll be there with you sometime next year.

I'm down 1.5 # this week. I feel like it makes up for my .3 last week. DS has to make bread for his science lab this week. Then I wanted to make rosemary bread late next week for when my MIL is here. She's coming a week from today. I may have to shorten my eating window to make up for all the carbs between now and then. We're not going worry about fasting while she is here - it's our Hallo-Christmas-Giving so there will be lots of food! I don't do it often, but I love to host so I have all the meals planned. It will be interesting to see how 4 days of going back to a three meal a day eating schedule of not the healthiest foods affects the scale that first week of Nov. 

Thanks Gal's  (is that alright these days to say Gals?) Don't want to offend anyone but I'm keeping it.

Seems like we had a pretty good week.  I think we've done good the last 7 months with us losing

a little, staying the same and small gains.  Compared to what I heard and read, people have gained.

Jan...Again as we say..a loss is a loss. Just hate it when we do well and the scale doesn't show it.

Izena...I too weigh most days and hate it as it goes up and down each day. Sorry about friendly Jay.

Nice on the bench. Love what you put on it.

Diana...No gain..Good. Lowest weight in years..Great! You should feel good.

Mel...Nice loss getting ready for your early Holiday celebrations. Good Luck on MIL visit and the 3 meals a day.

Ombud...Why does "colder weather" food taste so good?  You will get your little up off soon I'm sure.

Me...Taking a stay the same, sometimes a 1/2 lb off then would say stayed the same.

Got my drive by flu shot today and like Diana was fast, was us and other car but 2 lanes, so just

drove up and out fast.  After went to lunch outside. Went late after lunch time and before dinner time.

Did this so there would be less people at that time. Was right.

Had tables in front of building, was a few people. Then tables in back, no people, that's where we sat.

Did this with my daughter an we felt very safe.  Enjoyed our time together.

Do you feel/think like I do. Before the virus we saw our "kids" maybe not as much as we could, let "busy days"

get in the way (our part and theirs).  Now it's important to see them and we can't see them as much as we want.

Can't get those hugs and kisses of love from them or give them to them.  So sad.  If everyone would just

WEAR MASKS...we need our kids and family's and we need them HEALTHY.

Ombud - it will come off soon! I want more potatoes when it gets cold out - mashed, au gratin, soup... they all sound better when the temperatures drop to me. 

Belle - Glad you were able to get your shot. Sounds like you had a nice lunch with your daughter.

We finally got our refinance appraisal back and paid the deposit for the pool this morning. They're working on getting the construction plans together for permits and our HOA to approve. Permits are taking about 5 weeks right now, so they won't start digging until December. It will be mid-March at least before they are done with the whole project. Something to look forward to with no cruises booked until the end of next year. I'll be skinny and tan by my October '21 cruise!

Exactly Mel ..... and it's not just the soup (spinach, potato beer, cheesy broccoli, tomato with grilled cheese) it's the homemade foccacia / French bread / biscuits slathered with butter that goes with it. At least I'm starting to make it creamier (is that even a word?) with tofu instead of sour cream 

My freezer is full ..... won't have to make soup for 2 weeks

Edited by Ombud

Mel, great loss for the week. Hopefully you can maintain it for next week. Congrats too on moving forward with the pool. Something to look forward too. 

Belle, great you had your flu shot and nice you went out for lunch in a safe way.

Ombud, I'm sure the weight will come off. 

Not much happening today. Disturbed to hear about the rise in virus cases in Europe and the U.S. I think what helped where we live and CA in general is the governor's mask mandate. Stores have signs "no mask, no service" and even security guards to make sure you have a mask on when entering. 

Speaking of soup, we finally have soup weather. It was 46 degrees this morning. 

Have a nice day, Diana

Hello on this Friday.

Speaking of winter comfort food making a pot roast tomorrow with potato's ,carrot's, celery, onion and tomato's

(really make it all year)   What I like and shouldn't do... is to dip bread with butter (french rolls) into the juice.

(why maybe not a loss next week):classic_laugh: No I really will try to be good.

Mel..will be nice to have a pool next spring/summer. Watch the potato's for the skinny part with the tan.:classic_smile:

Ombud..All the soups sound so good. Love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich especially on a cold

rainy day.

Diana...Yes the say counts are up but deaths are down but we want the counts to go down too.

I can't believe some states are not making people wear masks and their states counts keep going up.

WE are talking all about the good comfort food..remember we can still have it. Just portion control.

We're missing people in here. Rose and Jo...Are you doing OK?

Others we haven't see in awhile...Pac, Robincruiser, Jenny, Cruise42 and know I've missing others,

not always great in remembering names. When I see it written down then I remember you.

Come Back!  Miss you and want to know your alright in this crazy time in 2020.

And to you that just read your welcome to come in anytime to talk and join us if you like.

We're nice, we listen and you can tell we try to help by having Thursday weigh-ins to help with

weight loss and staying healthy.  Keeps us accountable. It really has helped us through this last

7 months. We've had loss's, stayed the same's and small gains compared to people who have said

they had gained weight (15 to 20 lbs) staying home these months.  We've done good.

We Welcome everyone to join us...Men and Women.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

This has nothing to do with weight ...

On my walk this morning I realized how cold it's become. Right now it's 57°. (High will be just 70s°) So I might have messed up. My plan was to wash all my summer clothes and put them up. Then get out my fall ones. Unless it really warms up it'll take all day for them to dry on the line. Should have done it yesterday when it got into the 80s

Diana & Belle, I watch the positivity rate .... we're down but still locked down. SF went to yellow but our health director is really REALLY cautious 

Edited by Ombud

Hello,

Belle, pot roast, mmm, love it. Fairly healthy too because lots of healthy veggies. I only get it if we are out to dinner. Hubby won't eat it. I agree with you though on the bread to sop up the juice. Best part.........

Lazy Saturday afternoon. Nice to not turn on the AC, just windows open. 

Ombud, in our county, we moved to orange and the county officials voted to cancel the health emergency (which I think is really stupid). People need to take this seriously otherwise we'll find ourselves in deep trouble.

Also, know what you mean about the weather. A few days ago it was really hot, AC running. Then the past couple of nights we've been so cold I had to put extra blankets on the bed. 

have a nice weekend, Diana

Ombud...

Just wrote an e-mail to a friend saying I hated that winter was coming. Grey skies, colder weather and dark so

early.. By next month dark at 5 pm.

Diana...

I like pot roast better than oven roast. What's wrong with your husband?:classic_laugh: Ah yes the bread. Really can't have

it with dinner. Pot roast cooking now.

Last night I just snacked to much and up today. Was just in a mood or whatever.  Over it back on track.

I know..different county's differ rules... Better safe then sorry but know it hurts people in many ways.

I think everyone should wear masks no matter what.  Still a Ca rule. If everyone would do it. Counts

would go down instead of up.  Still people out there that still think it;s a hoax. Can you believe that?

Have a good evening and wonderful Sunday.

Belle, I was just writing a post when I noticed you had a reply.

Hubby only likes beef one way....very rare. Not possible with cuts like pot roast, stew meat. Ground beef is ok cooked a little more. 

Guess what? We finally received the last of a FCC from HAL for a little bit of refund due us from the South America cruise we cancelled in March. Only took 7 months.

Hubby and I didn't eat great part of the weekend. I'll have to weigh myself and see how I'm doing.

Best to all, Diana

Baseball has started up here.  Apparently it was a last minute decision to get tye kids together. My son coaches 1 team and is 2nd coach on the other. He had them running bases, playing catch with their parent, staying far apart.  So when he had 1 of his kids in bb I had the other one. Covid rules

Diana, glad you FINALLY got the balance of your HAL refund. Was it FCC or cash? Any plans as to when you'll cruise again? (Apologies if its in your signature  ..... those don't show up on the droid)

Belle, I'm not ready for it to be dark early!! Koda is still begging for an after dinner walk and I must admit I like it too

A Monday Morning Hello....as another day is dawning....other day of masks (which is ok) and listening

to speeches for elections (one person I don't like his...wonder who) I wish everything was over.

Have to get a handle on this virus.   Have to get the election over. We need a calmer world.

Day by day passing by...Can you believe in 7 days it will be November. Halloween will be 1st. I didn't

buy candy, don't think we will get any kids. Haven't had many when it was normal. Didn't want leftovers.

Guess who would eat them? ME!  Did you buy candy?  Did you eat any of it? Will you eat any of it?

I would of so didn't buy any plus I have Ice Cream that I shouldn't eat!:classic_rolleyes:

Diana...Glad you got your refund.  Taking so long it was like in a savings, now you have extra money to spend.

My husband like his meat rare too. I like my meat cooked more. 

Ombud...Tell your son to be care full and the kids too.  Nice he coaches.  Least it's outside.

Yes Sat. we change our time. Wish we didn't. Darker and colder....Hate It.  I want a warm CRUISE!

Speaking of cruises. I know some are like me and have cruises booked for next year.  Know  

with what's going on they can be cancelled.  Get our money back even if takes months.

Do you just say they can be cancelled or you tell yourself they will be cruising.

I going along like my cruises will be cruising. Reserved my airline tickets for my cruise to Europe

next summer with Princess EZ Air. Cheaper.and get seats numbers.Got other cruises before that.

I'm thinking positive, positive, positive!

Well hope you have a great start to the week.

Busy weekend here - today's my Sunday after that double wedding weekend! Still have to get the house ready for my MIL though. Gave DS a haircut this morning, laundry is going. Floors need to be mopped, but it will have to wait until tomorrow or Wednesday. It's raining, and I don't want dog prints all over it.

Yesterday was our free day so we had a big breakfast and lunch. We didn't want dinner after that, and today's our fast until dinner day. It's our first over 24 hour fast. Some people alternate fast (eat one day, not at all the next), but I don't think that would be a good lifestyle for me. I'll stick to a 4-8 hour eating window for now - so far it seem to still be working for me. 

Diana - I'm glad the weather is finally cooler for you.

Ombud - It's nice your husband can get the kids training while staying apart.

Belle - I think our next October cruise will go. Anything can happen, but I'm ready to buy drink packages with the Black Friday sale. That's always an easy refund if we need to move the cruise again. I'm excited to start planning Alaska 2022 as well.

Nice to see some posts.

I weighed myself this morning, no gain. Yeah. 

Last night, around 8pm, it got crazy cold. So cold we had to turn the heat on in the house. 

Ombud, we received credit with HAL. The bulk of the money (it was thousands of dollars) was refunded to our credit card already in April by HAL.

Nice your son can coach again. 

The only cruise we have booked is Sept. '21 with Celebrity using credit we have with them. Hubby would like to book more cruises but I have told him let's wait until January and see where the world is. 

Belle, next summer might be realistic for cruises. I've told hubby I have no faith in travel in general until at least next summer.

Saw on the news today that the powers that be don't expect vaccines to be widely available until 2nd or 3rd qtr. of '21 and so they won't have a great impact on the virus until then.......

Belle, where we live, our neighborhood has no street lights and no sidewalks. Nobody trick or treats here anyway, it's too dangerous. 

Have a day everyone, Diana

Mel, glad your busy weekend is over. 

Underestimated a walk this morning.  Took another trail today.  Dog was skittish yesterday on the old standard.

I've walked this trail before  I planned to walk abt  2.5  miles.   My best calculation , it was really 4 miles.  I’m beat. ( I did stop and rest at halfway point)

once I cool down.   Going to get Christmas fabric for masks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Ombud - It's nice your husband can get the kids training while staying apart.

Ombud - I meant your son - sorry about that!

Izena - 4 miles is awesome! Sorry you weren't expecting it to be so far. Do you think your dog is skittish because of the snake bite?

I just placed my grocery order for the week including all the extra stuff for when my mother in law is here for our early Thanksgiving. I had forgotten how much extra I spend when entertaining and for holiday meals! 🤑 

She's driving to Dallas from west Texas on Thursday, and they are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow and ice tonight and then it's supposed to snow a bit more on Wednesday. It's supposed to get up to 38 on Wednesday though and stay just above freezing Wednesday night. We're hoping it's enough of a thaw that roads will be clear, but we may shift her visit back a day. Our schedules are all pretty flexible - it's not like we're trying to catch a cruise ship. 😜

I'm staying on track so far this week - hopefully Thursday will be a really low number for all of us.

Good Evening...Hope everyone had a good day.

Just "hanging around" the house..that's new? No!:classic_laugh: Did wash towels, that was something.

Getting to be to much being home but our counts keep going up. Better safe than sorry.

Think ate to much this week with pot roast, potato's and carrots. Didn't even eat it all.

Daughter had some when she brought my grocery. Getting use to this..Daughter shopping for

me and bringing it to me. (I give her a list, she calls if something is out).

Izena..Good job on the walking..4 miles!

Mel..Safe travels for MIL.  Prices have gone up for everything during this Virus and when have to buy more. WOW

Diana..Glad your having cooler weather. Did you have the heavy winds?

Ombud..Soon will be dark for your dog walks and the kids playing,  Sat. so close for time change.:classic_tongue:

Jan, Rose and others hope your doing good and will see your Thursday.