How to get refund of FCC???

luv2cruise_19

My original cruise was cancelled back in March due to COVID19. After about 3 months, around June, Carnival finally issued me a partial refund and the rest as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). I booked a new Cruise for March 2021. Paid the $50 deposit and the FCC was applied. Currently owe about $300 as final payment due in December.

Now, with the current COVID19 situation being what it is, I’m wondering if my Cruise will still happen or be cancelled again. With this uncertainty, I’m wondering if I can request/demand that Carnival refund me all my money and just cancel my booking? I know it’s still 5 months away, but I would have to request a week vacation from work and plan accordingly (babysitter, pet sitter, etc...).

At this point, I can take that money and put it towards another vacation (not a cruise). Has anybody been successful in getting Carnival to refund them and not just issue a FCC?

Thanks

I've asked and gotten refunds on 2 or 3 canc carnival cruises... but I choose refund not fcc when my carnival cruises got canc, except for one. 

Idk how carnival works, but on rcl I know once you decide to take the fcc and use it toward payment of a cruise, you cant get it refunded, just allowed to move the cruise to a later date.

If you move it and cancel it yourself you lose the incentive obc to rebook I do know that. 

I had a b2b in feb I moved, but still have a cruise april 25th, but I hope to be vaccinated by then. March might be cutting it close. I agree with you. 

Maybe someone else knows the rules about getting a refund once you apply and use a fcc. 

Edited by firefly333

I have done this and received a full refund after rescheduling twice. My original April cruise was cancelled and I rescheduled it to July and then To March 2021. I had two cabins and my daughter’s family decided they didn’t want to cruise so I cancelled their cabin through a PVP who told me I would get a full refund. I only received a partial refund that did not include the FCC or non refundable deposit. 

I called the 800# and was transferred to the Resolutions Department. That agent was very knowledgeable and was able to trace my funds through the two Carnival cancelled cruises. She refunded all the money for the kids cabin and moved my funds to a May 2021 cruise, hopefully we finally get to sail! 

• Thanks 1