Pullmantur Refunds

Plato123

Pullmantur/RCL were to refund fares and deposits for cancelled Pullmantur cruises.  My TA says that our application was received by RCL, but we have not yet received our deposit refund.  has anyone?

Our cancelled cruise was a Mediterranean cruise and we have been able to book a Celebrity cruise for next year with almost the same itinerary but for a huge difference in price.  We hope that one will still sail (safely).

6 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Pullmantur/RCL were to refund fares and deposits for cancelled Pullmantur cruises.  My TA says that our application was received by RCL, but we have not yet received our deposit refund.  has anyone?

Our cancelled cruise was a Mediterranean cruise and we have been able to book a Celebrity cruise for next year with almost the same itinerary but for a huge difference in price.  We hope that one will still sail (safely).

We applied for our refund and were told it would be paid in 90 days. I think we're at 70 days and counting at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...

The travel agency we dealt with says to be patient and will not come soon.  First agency has to go through Pullmantur and then Royal last before refunds sent.  We all know Royal has many, many refunds with their own brands and then maybe after catching up start on Pullman's.

2 hours ago, leyla said:

The travel agency we dealt with says to be patient and will not come soon.  First agency has to go through Pullmantur and then Royal last before refunds sent.  We all know Royal has many, many refunds with their own brands and then maybe after catching up start on Pullman's.

Perhaps it's different your side of the pond Leyla. We booked direct with Pullmantur. They gave us a choice of keeping our booking with them or transferring to RCL. They offered us our deposit back in 90 days or a future cruise voucher with them which I think was for 125% of the refund due. 

• 4 weeks later...

More than 3 weeks ago, duderest posted that they had requested a refund on 8/5/20.  Coincidentally, on that exact same date, so did I.  I had a cruise (April - Mediterranean) that I tried to work with Pullmantur and then my credit card company for the refund throughout the spring and early summer.  Finally, over the summer, I contacted the seller (cruise dot com) and had an agent from them file the paperwork with RCCL (parent company).  My "90 days" expired weeks ago and still nothing.... When I called the seller, the agent simply said that they had done all they can and they believed that RCCL would, eventually, make good on the refund, but there was essentially nothing more to be done at this point. 😞  

~Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Still no refund, so we have decided to cancel our Celebrity cruise planned for September 2021 because we think our deposit could now be at risk as Celebrity is owned by RCL who were to refund our Pullmantur deposit.

We plan to wait to 2022 to book another cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the most recent reply from our travel agency on the subject of refunds:  I feel we are being given the run around.  

We do not have a firm date as of yet. I understand that some of the information for some bookings were incomplete and inaccurate and Royal Caribbean needed clarification before starting the process."

Thanks for the updates.  My cancelled cruise was April, 2020.... still waiting for any contact from RCCL on any money back.  The TA said months ago that they've done all they can. Would love to hear back from anyone who did get $$ back from a cancelled cruise - thanks.

As mentioned a couple of days ago already by someone else - here's my update:

FWIW...in my email this morning... (Friday, 1/22/21)....

"We have been contacted by Pullmantur in regards to your refund.  They are in the process of sending out checks and wanted to confirm your mailing address.  Please reply that the address we have on file, shown below is correct so that we can let them know to go ahead and process your refund."

.... not really holding my breath...

I was under the impression that we would be receiving payment from Royal Caribbean and not Pullmantur (as they are non-existing). 

The refund would be sent to form of payment used.  Maybe in your case as you are in USA, US $'s,  would be sent to credit card the travel agency has on record and not mailed to your address.  

We are in Canada and I doubt we would be paid by check  in US $'s.

Did you confirm  address to your agency?  I'd hate to think that this could be a hoax email in asking such a thing unless you used cash as payment.  

I did not give them any new information - the address that they sent in that, most recent, email was my home address and I merely confirmed  it. I had thought that my credit card would just be credited back with the cruise charge, but it would appear that they are planning to reimburse via check.  We'll see.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

No further information from our US travel agency.   Apparently the agency gave the credit card info directly to Pullmantur who most probably is not interested in passing info to Royal Caribbean.  We cannot speak directly to anyone at Royal either regarding Pulmantur.  Its been 7 months now and tired of waiting and losing hope of receiving our fully paid cruise.

On 1/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, leyla said:

This is the most recent reply from our travel agency on the subject of refunds:  I feel we are being given the run around.  

We do not have a firm date as of yet. I understand that some of the information for some bookings were incomplete and inaccurate and Royal Caribbean needed clarification before starting the process."

I received exactly the same reply form the travel agency a month ago. It has been more than half a year now since I applied for a refund for two fully paid, including gratuities, Pullmantur cruises - and still nothing, just promises and excuses. So frustrating!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Sorry that there's no real news here, but I just wanted to make sure that you saw this article 🙃 Hope you all get repaid soon, I know it has to be quite maddening!

http://crew-center.com/pullmantur-denies-liquidation-company-still-owes-money-crew

Thanks Seahunt.

They owe me $3000 US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1