What has happened to our National Carrrier, Qantas?

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Please tell us more about Strathnairn and Whitlam.  ? landscape destroyed

Stacks of tiny houses in subdivsions erupting from farm land to the north west of Canberra. Canberra population is exploding so the bulldozers have been in action. Amazing how Canberra has grown out, must be plenty of work there, government or otherwise.

We had lunch at a vegetarian cafe in ye old Strathnairn Homestead, now Arts Centre.  I am afraid I could not be a veggie or vegan or whatever they call those folk.

Anyway back to Qantas, they are proposing to operate Qantas flights, Canberra to Auckland in the future.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Stacks of tiny houses in subdivsions erupting from farm land to the north west of Canberra. Canberra population is exploding so the bulldozers have been in action. Amazing how Canberra has grown out, must be plenty of work there, government or otherwise.

We had lunch at a vegetarian cafe in ye old Strathnairn Homestead, now Arts Centre.  I am afraid I could not be a veggie or vegan or whatever they call those folk.

Anyway back to Qantas, they are proposing to operate Qantas flights, Canberra to Auckland in the future.

We have developments like that between GC and Brisbane.  Houses on tiny blocks almost touching each other.  We used to stop at the Strawberry Farm for a strawberry ice-cream en route from GC to Brisbane.  There were a few farm animals for young children.   A beautiful area spoilt with poor planning and lack of infrastructure.  The planned lungs of Brisbane have been destroyed.  Gone are the days when our Premier lost an election because he wanted to put a road between Brisbane and the GC through a koala habitat.  

I used to feel that way about vegetarian cafes until my daughter took me to a popular vegetarian cafe in London.  We used to go there all the time for the most delicious food.

Will be good for Kiwis to be able to fly direct to Canberra.  I wonder when Aussies will be able to fly to NZ without quarantine?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, DDG 41 said:

You have to quarantine if going to queensland therefore reducing demand, as a result flights were suspended.

Agreed.

Qantas and Virgin are just biding their time, waiting until government restrictions are eased. Which is the only reason they had to suspend services to begin with.