The Daily for Saturday Oct 24, 2020

richwmn

today is Make a Difference Day-  fourth Saturday of the mon,  neighbors helping neighbors, and National Bologna Day

What this country needs is a dime that will buy a good five-cent bagel.

Meal suggestion for today - Fettuccine Alfredo

Drink of the Day - Irish Coffee

Wine of the day - Domaines Dominique Piron Morgon Côte du Py vintage 2017

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 10/26

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Sint Eustatius
Nieuw Amsterdam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Oosterdam

1024World.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Interesting that we celebrate 4th Saturday of the month while we have 5 this month.  I'll pass on the Bologna but celebrate making a difference and neighbors helping neighbors.  Love the quote and menu suggestion.  My alternate suggestion is Chilled Kiwi and Melon Soup, Irish Stew, and Apple and Pear Crisp, as served on the Amsterdam October 24, 2017.  My alternate menu selections are usually what I had that day but my tour didn't return until almost 9PM so I actually had Lido steak and ice cream.

My care list is short today.  I hope I haven't missed anything big:

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California and Colorado Wildfires, especially East Troublesome Fire

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Occasional posters including ChaCr

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Spring coming to New Zealand

Sharon’s book club member feeling better

and StLouisCruisers son visiting his gram

Roy

Posted just in time for my walk, shopping at Wegmans, and breakfast at Panera.

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your lists.  Interesting mixture of days. Will pass on the menu.

Irish Coffee:

Ingredients: 1 1/3 oz (2 parts) Irish whiskey, 1 oz (1½ parts) Fresh cream, 1 tsp. Brown sugar, 2 2/3 oz (4 parts) Hot coffee
Preparation: Heat the coffee, whiskey and sugar; do not boil. Pour into glass and top with cream; serve hot.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.
  • Like 12

Good morning Dailyites.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

I'll pass on the bologna, but Fettuccine Alfredo sounds good to me.

We had a tornado watch yesterday, but fortunately no tornadoes touched down.   I guess that's something to celebrate!

It's a lot cooler here, so an Irish Coffee would go down well.

Sending prayers for our world,  cheers to everyone celebrating.

Stay safe.

• Like 12

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Somehow Bologna Day seems out of place with the other two days. I will work on making a difference & being a good neighbor. I will leave the bologna to someone else. Skipping the meal du jour, but love the quote. And Irish coffee! Especially when sipping on the cabin’s verandah watching ice bergs float past. Who knew the official recipe calls for brown sugar?  Roy, thank you for our lists! It is great to see the Care list shrinking. Boy, do I miss Wegman’s! 

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!
Stay well everyone!

This Gamay from Beaujolais, France has very good ratings and a decent price starting at $22.99. The winemaker even provides suggestions for best temperature for consumption. This wine is often too sweet for me, but I would at least taste it.

#99 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

Dark garnet color. Aromas and flavors of stone fruit and especially cherry, even kirsh as you age. The wines are structured, mineral and very good. Beautiful spicy note.  It is advisable to consume young Morgon, slightly cool, towards 16 ° / 17 °. Morgons older than two years should be tasted around 18 °. The wines of Beaujolais are wines of character and fruit.

WS92 Wine Spectator
A vivid minerally undertone marks the pure raspberry and ripe cherry flavors, accented by licorice and floral details that give way to white pepper and wild herb elements on the long, lightly tannic finish. Drink now through 2024.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 14

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and for our morning smile 🙂 

An interesting combination of days.  Make a difference and neighbours helping neighbours are deserving of celebration.  I didn’t know the 4th Saturday had a day of it’s own 😬 

Love the quote.  We had pasta yesterday so I don’t think we will repeat today.

Irish Coffee is perfect for this weather.  Sadly, it’s turning colder.  I better finish planting the rest of the bulbs today or I’ll be working in too much cold 😞 

In celebration of neighbours:

E2A7B84D-4915-4289-A48E-31D431FAD232.thumb.jpeg.c76733f5d294fbc1657a545c895c8c5f.jpeg

AFF1D094-B7F2-4149-8D44-E864EFF46427.png.4ff2585c506653db2f9e2a7adf30bb3e.png

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them and a big toast to those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Saturday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your  masks😷 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily! 

Hi sweet sisters Ann and Denise. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Gosh, yesterday we had a nice shower and thunderstorm. Today will be high of 69. Our friends from Coeur d'Alene say they have snow and 30's. Brrr 

Thanks to all for pictures, drink recipes and wine reviews. 

I used to like bologna as a kid, but have not had it in years. I am not really a sandwich liking person.

image.jpeg.05e0bf947a9623760e10a15068e800b0.jpeg

I will continue to try to be a good neighbor and friend. I loved all my neighbors, some more than others..🙄

Latest Funny Joke-14 - (With Picture)

Roy thanks for the cares and celebrations list. Tonight we invite all of you to toast Allen and I on our 29th anniversary. 💘

Blessings to all. Take care of yourself. Send a note to a loved one who needs it.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Tonight we invite all of you to toast Allen and I on our 29th anniversary. 

💘

Blessings to all. Take care of yourself. Send a note to a loved one who needs it.

Happy Anniversary, you two! 🥂

• Like 9

Happy Anniversary, Joy and Allen. 

For some reason I am attracted to cold weather cruises - Iceland and Greenland, Alaska, Norway Midnight Sun, Antarctica....    Irish Coffee is my go to drink on those cruises.   

DSC01853.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A great combination of days - we try to make a difference by helping our neighbours, and others, whenever possible.  Before retirement, I remember celebrating every Saturday, not just the 4th one of the month!  I enjoy a bologna sandwich once in a while, but DH prefers it fried; maybe I should pick some up next time we do a grocery run.

@Seasick Sailor  Happy 29th Anniversary to you; congratulations!

I like the meal suggestion, but we just finished off our baked spaghetti, and yesterday DH had a craving for Vietnamese noodle bowls, so we have leftovers of those for tonight.  I wouldn't mind finishing the meal with Roy's suggested apple and pear crisp, though!  And wine.

Prayers for everyone on the list, and even for those who don't think they need them.  Raising the wine glasses to all on the celebration list also.  Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12

@Seasick Sailor A very happy day and celebration to you!  October is such a great month for events - our anniversary was yesterday.  Even after 21 years, the memory of a wonderful love-filled day are as fresh as yesterday.  We had a ROV planned for the cruise we were supposed to be on now.  Ah well, something to look forward to on the next one!

Best to all, stay safe and masked up!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dfish said:

For some reason I am attracted to cold weather cruises - Iceland and Greenland, Alaska, Norway Midnight Sun, Antarctica.... 

That's exactly the types of cruises we enjoy the most, too!  Maybe we've even sailed on a few of them with you and not even known it.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@Seasick Sailor A very happy day and celebration to you!  October is such a great month for events - our anniversary was yesterday.  Even after 21 years, the memory of a wonderful love-filled day are as fresh as yesterday.  We had a ROV planned for the cruise we were supposed to be on now.  Ah well, something to look forward to on the next one!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE, LIVE4CRUISES!

• Like 6

Good Morning friends.  It is rsther chiily and sunny on this day in NorthEast Illinois. Thanks to to Rich--the author of this thread--for the daily Fleet report and to all contributors to this thead.   I hope everyone had a great day and let uspray that cruising soon returns,

• Like 10

Thanks, Prayers, Cheers and Congrats!

On a 4-week South America Christmas and New Years ride a few years ago, Princess had an "Irish Coffee Man" with a cart who walked around the Lido every evening making them one by one.  Even if we ate dinner in the MDR we went up for this excellent dessert's dessert.   Nice touch.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Live4cruises said:

Happy 21st+1!🥂

• Like 5