7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

This could mean they improve their management in food purchasing, controlling food cost and reducing wastage. It doesn't necessary mean they exclusively cut back on food quality to achieve a lower cost %.

And revenue went up by all the on board spending increases.

No matter how much I love Royal Caribbean... Carnival does have a better steak house and Chef’s Table experience... but that doesn’t mean Royal Caribbean is worse in any way. They’re simply different experiences. 

7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

This could mean they improve their management in food purchasing, controlling food cost and reducing wastage. It doesn't necessary mean they exclusively cut back on food quality to achieve a lower cost %.

It could but it doesn’t. We feel the food quality has dropped drastically in the last eight years or so. We do alot of B2Bs and we we enjoyed the food so much that we would have the same meals the second week. Now we have the same meal maybe twice or three times.

About that time the “free drink packages” were introduced and now half the people can’t really taste the food completely anyway. We don’t have that problem as we don’t see any value in the package.

19 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

OP you spend so much time on CC complaining that Royal is not up to your standards......

The OP wants caviar on a chicken budget. She'll never get it so she amuses herself with complaining. 🤣🤣🤣

23 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I’ll start by asking why we can’t all come together and ask for better from head office??

23 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Some do but new cruisers and head office need to know!

Maybe you should start a petition to RCI head office or write a sternly-worded letter? I am fairly certain they will take no action from a thread on CC 😁

52 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The OP wants caviar on a chicken budget. She'll never get it so she amuses herself with complaining. 🤣🤣🤣

The very first time I cruised this was August of 2008. We spent one night at before at the local Westin Hotel. It all seemed AMAZING and I can admit to having fancier taste ever since then. I'm very grateful for a husband that gets we might need to try something new!

I'll add that some people still want chicken on a caviar budget! For real RCL can be DOUBLE the $ of Princess.

s-l16001.jpg

We don't cruise Royal for the food. We eat in the Jammer for all meals unless we have a meal gift from our TA. 

We don't cruise Royal for the ship and it's perks.

We cruise Royal cause it gets me out of a Minnesota winter for two weeks.

7 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No the daily adult menu. Fries are offered with many entrees, there is a gourmet Mac and Cheese entree served one night 

Gourmet mac and cheese. Well that's an oxymoron 🤣

5 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

... Carnival does have a better steak house and Chef’s Table experience... but that doesn’t mean Royal Caribbean is worse in any way....

The opposite of “better” is “worse”. Unless you believe that everyone can be above average (which is impossible), if Carnival is better in some ways, then RCI is worse in those ways. 

7 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

The opposite of “better” is “worse”. Unless you believe that everyone can be above average (which is impossible), if Carnival is better in some ways, then RCI is worse in those ways. 

I was saying that Carnival has 2 dining experiences that are better than Royal Caribbean but it doesn’t make Royal Caribbean worst than Carnival when it comes to overall dining experiences. Especially since Royal Caribbean does offer a more diverse selection of specialty dining options across the fleet. 

Edited by SkaterJasp
7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Certainly you know that there are lots of people who want to get what “we” pay for. 😇

To further your comment, imagine if food quality as tiered to cabin pricing/category.  Then people would get what they payed for. I do not think it should it happen, but imagine. It is very “Titanic” in principle.

5 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I'll add that some people still want chicken on a caviar budget! For real RCL can be DOUBLE the $ of Princess.

Princess also needs to sell cabins after their Covid news experience this spring.

Edited by A&L_Ont
8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes thank you.  Th other poster is saying fries are served with several entrees in mdr.  I dont recall that on any mdr dinner menus.

Yes chops has some nice truffle fries on lunch menu.   I dont think I have ever tried Chops mac n cheese.  I love their creamed spinach!

7 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Joebucks, seriously, it was actually 12 years ago and a lot has happen! And yeah, it wasn't 5 Star either back then but still two different WORLDS. I have never been on Sea Dream before but I bet it would be the best food we've EVER eaten!! Beautiful area too - feels like it could almost reset my soul! Honestly too expensive and my kid need something he would enjoy!!

12 years ago????  2008 - maybe slightly different than now, but not by much.  I've been cruising since 1972 and you really have to go back to the  80's and  early 90's to see what cruising used to be.

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We cruise Royal cause it gets me out of a Minnesota winter for two weeks.

That sums it up 🙂   No point  in cruising RCCL for gourmet food.  Specialty restaurants good enough when the snow is flying up north.

6 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

The very first time I cruised this was August of 2008. We spent one night at before at the local Westin Hotel. It all seemed AMAZING and I can admit to having fancier taste ever since then. I'm very grateful for a husband that gets we might need to try something new!

What exactly is your beef with RCI's food?  I haven't been able to figure it out from this thread or the other deleted threads and posts. Is it the taste, appearance, texture of the food or is it the service or overall dining experience?  If your idea of amazing and fancy is the Westin then the bar is not set very high.

Simply to say the food has been downgraded and hoping Royal's Corporate will come on this forum, read your posts and change their menus just for you because you say the food on Princess is better is somewhat wishing thinking.

As others have pointed out, it is best to write RCI a letter explaining your specific dissatisfaction in a polite manner.  That might not get you very far, but certainly further than posting your diatribes here, half of which you have had deleted.   

25 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

.......If your idea of amazing and fancy is the Westin then the bar is not set very high......

So true. I'd say the Westin is just average and the bar can be stumbled over. 🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
14 minutes ago, mek said:

12 years ago????  2008 - maybe slightly different than now, but not by much.  I've been cruising since 1972 and you really have to go back to the  80's and  early 90's to see what cruising used to be.

So true, I remember when the only sport was shuffleboard, the lounge chairs were hard wood and uncomfortable and the only entertainment was the passenger talent show. 

Some things have changed for the better and some not so much.  The dining has changed from only one choice which was very formal at a fixed hour to a more relaxed faster-paced atmosphere with more flexible times.  This is the good part.  Personally, I prefer the flexibility and variety. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further your comment, imagine if food quality as tiered to cabin pricing/category.  Then people would get what they payed for. I do not think it should it happen, but imagine. It is very “Titanic” in principle.

But with CK ships, it kind of is. 

And its carried further with STAR Class

24 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

What exactly is your beef with RCI's food?  I haven't been able to figure it out from this thread or the other deleted threads and posts. Is it the taste, appearance, texture of the food or is it the service or overall dining experience?  If your idea of amazing and fancy is the Westin then the bar is not set very high.

Simply to say the food has been downgraded and hoping Royal's Corporate will come on this forum, read your posts and change their menus just for you because you say the food on Princess is better is somewhat wishing thinking.

As others have pointed out, it is best to write RCI a letter explaining your specific dissatisfaction in a polite manner.  That might not get you very far, but certainly further than posting your diatribes here, half of which you have had deleted.   

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So true. I'd say the Westin is just average and the bar can be stumbled over. 🤣

You have to understand how the OP rambles on. I think the amazing part was the cruise. The Westi was just thrown in

20 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

So true, I remember when the only sport was shuffleboard, the lounge chairs were hard wood and uncomfortable and the only entertainment was the passenger talent show. 

Some things have changed for the better and some not so much.  The dining has changed from only one choice which was very formal at a fixed hour to a more relaxed faster-paced atmosphere with more flexible times.  This is the good part.  Personally, I prefer the flexibility and variety. 

So do I - as I get older I really appreciate  laid back and casual,(which does not mean sloppy!)  If it was up to me I would just hang out and graze most of the day and evening, but my husband likes to socialize, so dinner is important to him.

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You have to understand how the OP rambles on. I think the amazing part was the cruise. The Westi was just thrown in

Yes I get it.  A lot of things thrown in and lots of things thrown out, mixed in with lots of tangents.  Probably best to hit the "ignore" button.  

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes I get it.  A lot of things thrown in and lots of things thrown out, mixed in with lots of tangents.  Probably best to hit the "ignore" button.  

I get it too, and have pretty much decided that it likely is best to hit the "ignore" button.

I have been trying to understand what the OP's motive really is besides posting on Royal threads to complain and stir things up. The OP has been told by multiple posters to write to the appropriate people with their complaints. If the OP is not satisfied with Royal the obvious solution is to cruise on different line. Apparently the OP is not interested in advice and just wishes to complain. Besides being entertaining to read, the posts serve no other purpose. 

Edited by lr657
15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But that's not what I asked😉

FWIW, there are very few places to get 5 star quality food anywhere

I don't think people realize what it takes to get one Michelin Star and the most an establishment can get is 3. If we are talking about Yelp stars then I apologize. On a second note a Chef can receive more than 3 stars.   Gordon Ramsay has 16 combined with all of his restaurants.  I don't know of any Michelin Star chefs on Royal Caribbean or any cruise line for that matter. I think it would be advertised by the cruise line. The food and service has no doubt declined across the board in the past 30 yrs but I'm over it. I only expect it to get worse given the current situation.

7 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

s-l16001.jpg

You need to learn how to compare apples to apples and not just post something to try to prove your point. Is that what you're trying to do because it isn't working. Since you didn't do your homework let me do a little bit of it for you. These are just a few. If you are so interested in Princess then you can do your own homework or book a cheaper cruise and get a lot less. 

ROYAL

7 ports each port that's added it cost more 

newer and bigger ship

lots more to do entertainment 

PRINCESS

5 ports

older and smaller

not nearly as much to do

Edited by ReneeFLL
5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

You need to learn how to compare apples to apples and not just post something to try to prove your point. Is that what you're trying to do because it isn't working. Since you didn't do your homework let me do a little bit of it for you. These are just a few. If you are so interested in Princess then you can do your own homework or book a cheaper cruise and get a lot less. 

ROYAL

7 ports each port that's added it cost more 

newer and bigger ship

lots more to do entertainment 

PRINCESS

5 ports

older and smaller

not nearly as much to do

Exactly.  It’s not uncommon even on Royal to find $1000 price differences between old and new ships doing the same basic itinerary.