3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further your comment, imagine if food quality as tiered to cabin pricing/category.  Then people would get what they payed for. I do not think it should it happen, but imagine. It is very “Titanic” in principle.

Princess also needs to sell cabins after their Covid news experience this spring.

On the  QM2- we got to sail in a suite on her many years ago.  I think it was the Queens Grill and you had an assigned table that you could eat at anytime you liked.  We were the only one scheduled for that table all evening. It was nice😇

Edited by molly361
1 hour ago, lr657 said:

I get it too, and have pretty much decided that it likely is best to hit the "ignore" button.

I have been trying to understand what the OP's motive really is besides posting on Royal threads to complain and stir things up. The OP has been told by multiple posters to write to the appropriate people with their complaints. If the OP is not satisfied with Royal the obvious solution is to cruise on different line. Apparently the OP is not interested in advice and just wishes to complain. Besides being entertaining to read, the posts serve no other purpose. 

But the OP is entertaining and right now we are all running out of things to discuss.  I especially love her mission to keep new cruisers in the loop.  LOL - right now the cruise lines are having a difficult time keeping long time customers and can't imagine many newbies out there are rushing to book something that nobody knows when or how they will begin.

Edited by mek
1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't think people realize what it takes to get one Michelin Star and the most an establishment can get is 3. If we are talking about Yelp stars then I apologize. On a second note a Chef can receive more than 3 stars.   Gordon Ramsay has 16 combined with all of his restaurants.  I don't know of any Michelin Star chefs on Royal Caribbean or any cruise line for that matter. I think it would be advertised by the cruise line. The food and service has no doubt declined across the board in the past 30 yrs but I'm over it. I only expect it to get worse given the current situation.

I think the last 3 star was  Michele Roux on Celebrity.  Ramsey actually trained under Michele's brother Albert.

Our first cruise was when Michele Roux was with Celebrity.  We sailed in a suite and back then there was NO difference whether you had a suite or an inside over the propeller shaft. No specialty restaurants as well because they weren't needed.

No flaming as I understand that things have evolved and my wife and I will continue to sail as log as we can, but to reminisce..... The menus were far different that today's and the entire dining event was special each and every night in not only food quality and preparation but presentation as well.. 

REMEMBER THE DESSERT PRESENTATION EACH NIGHT BY YOU WAITER SO YOU COULD SEE THAT EVENING'S CHOICES?  

Edited by boscobeans
1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

I think the last 3 star was  Michele Roux on Celebrity.  Ramsey actually trained under Michele's brother Albert.

Our first cruise was when Michele Roux was with Celebrity.  We sailed in a suite and back then there was NO difference whether you had a suite or an inside over the propeller shaft. No specialty restaurants as well because they weren't needed.

No flaming as I understand that things have evolved and my wife and I will continue to sail as log as we can, but to reminisce..... The menus were far different that today's and the entire dining event was special each and every night in not only food quality and preparation but presentation as well.. 

REMEMBER THE DESSERT PRESENTATION EACH NIGHT BY YOU WAITER SO YOU COULD SEE THAT EVENING'S CHOICES?  

Don't forget the bread tray as opposed to the bread basket of today.  Loved the little bites.

Hey, I remember my early cruise on the Italian Line where the Maitre D prepared and cooked any desired special dish at your table.  Times have changed some good (entertainment and cabin sizes) to the bad (food quality & presentation).

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Don't forget the bread tray as opposed to the bread basket of today.  Loved the little bites.

Hey, I remember my early cruise on the Italian Line where the Maitre D prepared and cooked any desired special dish at your table.  Times have changed some good (entertainment and cabin sizes) to the bad (food quality & presentation).

On Princess it was table side Fettuccine Alfredo and Cesar Salad. Now they have a table side dish if you book Club Class.  I also remember the flambe desserts like  Crêpes Suzette, 

Bananas Foster, Cherries Jubilee and Baked Alaska. Now they are a fire hazard. The last Royal Caribbean cruise I was on they had Creme Brulee every night. It was awful. Tasted like Jello instant pudding. Took one spoonful and never ordered it again.

Edited by Iamcruzin
3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You need to learn how to compare apples to apples and not just post something to try to prove your point. Is that what you're trying to do because it isn't working. Since you didn't do your homework let me do a little bit of it for you. These are just a few. If you are so interested in Princess then you can do your own homework or book a cheaper cruise and get a lot less. 

ROYAL

7 ports each port that's added it cost more 

newer and bigger ship

lots more to do entertainment 

PRINCESS

5 ports

older and smaller

not nearly as much to do

We sail Princess for itinerary and the food. Entertainment is lacking and the basic balcony room is a closet with a bed and no other place to sit. We hate the newer ships because of the small balconies. It's not the room that I would want to be quarantined in which has now become the new consideration when booking a cruise. 

3 hours ago, mek said:

But the OP is entertaining and right now we are all running out of things to discuss.  I especially love her mission to keep new cruisers in the loop.  

I wonder how many newbies are really out there on CC.  I think it's more likely that many "newbies"  are really veterans that have registered a new screen name.  I guess it helps reduce the boredom from Covid. 

Personally, I would rather have the base fare kept down and pay extra for more upscale dining by choice either by booking a suite or paying for a package/ a la carte specialty restaurants. 

That said, base prices are rising and not sure how long I'll see the value over AI resorts moving forward. 

We are not great cruise fans but now & then one appeals to us,the result is not being loyal to any cruise line or ship,we cruised twice on P&O's Britannia in an 18 month period,on the 2nd cruise while I wouldn't say the quality of the food was noticeably worse but items which had been regular items were appearing as 'Chef's specials',one such item being black pudding,hardly a gourmet item!

Last year saw our one & only Royal sailing so far,preceded by 3 nights in Beijing,the food in the hotel wasn't what we were used to but that is one of the joys of travelling IMO,many fellow cruisers were deeply unhappy about the cuisine available & promised fantastic food on board,the first night on Quantum we dined in Chops,good food,excellent service,wouldn't consider it worth the money though,in particular the sides are tiny,we risked ordering too much by ordering 4,lucky we did as they were really mean servings IMO,second night we tried the MDR,poor food,lousy service,went to the Windjammer afterwards as we were still hungry!

After that we ate in Windjammer,great variety,as much of little as you like,to top it all we loved eating outside at the stern,in particular dinner out there watching lightning flashing away around us was quite magical!

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

You need to learn how to compare apples to apples and not just post something to try to prove your point. Is that what you're trying to do because it isn't working. Since you didn't do your homework let me do a little bit of it for you. These are just a few. If you are so interested in Princess then you can do your own homework or book a cheaper cruise and get a lot less. 

ROYAL

7 ports each port that's added it cost more 

newer and bigger ship

lots more to do entertainment 

PRINCESS

5 ports

older and smaller

not nearly as much to do

Evidently not EVERYONE agrees, do they?? So make sure you ask yourself what you get for 2 cruises on Princess for the $ option! Yeah, GAME CHANGER!! The good news about having RCL option. . ya know, THE NORTH STAR. The bad news is, it won't get you to the better food and beds you see AFAR!!

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So true. I'd say the Westin is just average and the bar can be stumbled over. 🤣

It's truly difficult to believe that kind of things people will justify comparing food. Yeah, I screwed RCL in 2008 by staying at Westin - WHOOPSIE!! Ridiculous nonsense. Seriously, should we call the next ship Stumbles of the Seas??

9 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Evidently not EVERYONE agrees, do they?? So make sure you ask yourself what you get for 2 cruises on Princess for the $ option! Yeah, GAME CHANGER!! The good news about having RCL option. . ya know, THE NORTH STAR. The bad news is, it won't get you to the better food and beds you see AFAR!!

It's truly difficult to believe that kind of things people will justify comparing food. Yeah, I screwed RCL in 2008 by staying at Westin - WHOOPSIE!! Ridiculous nonsense. Seriously, should we call the next ship Stumbles of the Seas??

I live in texas where my choices are rcl or ccl.

I dont want to make plans to fly and shuttles and all that when I can drive to Galveston.

Most are worried will cruiselines stay solvent.... .not the food right now.

Good luck at princess.

37 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I'm sorry.

Could you please repost this with words and sentences that make sense?

I can't make heads nor tails out of this.

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm sorry.

Princess is definitely not right for everyone, but yes, for me definitely feel like worth a try! Fingers crossed my Westin stay didn't cause low standards for RCL!!

55 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Where's the translation button?

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But with CK ships, it kind of is. 

And its carried further with STAR Class

Actually Molly had stated more of what I was thinking. 

12 hours ago, molly361 said:

On the  QM2- we got to sail in a suite on her many years ago.  I think it was the Queens Grill and you had an assigned table that you could eat at anytime you liked.  We were the only one scheduled for that table all evening. It was nice😇

12 hours ago, lr657 said:

I get it too, and have pretty much decided that it likely is best to hit the "ignore" button.

I have been trying to understand what the OP's motive really is besides posting on Royal threads to complain and stir things up. The OP has been told by multiple posters to write to the appropriate people with their complaints. If the OP is not satisfied with Royal the obvious solution is to cruise on different line. Apparently the OP is not interested in advice and just wishes to complain. Besides being entertaining to read, the posts serve no other purpose. 

Nope, I don't agree. I have a friend down in Houston right now (drives to Galveston REGULARLY) and she said they would choose a better line but she just doesn't feel comfortable with flying. It's crazy because Princess used to sail out of Houston and she preferred it BETTER!! Sounds like firefly333 understand this and head office can step it up!!

So now we all may calm down an take a sip of a wonderful Apple Martini.

Why the OP get´s flammed when i criticises the food on RCI- WHICH HAS DECLINED- no question about it- is beyond me- these boards are still and always have been called Cruise CRITIC!  CRITIC as in sharing ones opinon of a product or whatever.

I sailed Grandeur of the Seas in 1997- the food was great- for all those meals they had to prepare it was stunningly so.

I switched to X and  Cunard- both are comparable- foodwise-  to the food one got on board a RCI ship back in the time. My humble opinon - of course.

I come back to RCI occasionally - up to the Brilliance Class- all others are not my kind of shoe. I love their Vision and Brilliance Class of ships... wonderful views out to the oceans with all those windows.

I know what to expect in the MDR- the buffet I avoid anyway- so I book the Specialty Restaurants every other day or so.

5 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Why the OP get´s flammed when i criticises the food on RCI- WHICH HAS DECLINED- no question about it- is beyond me- these boards are still and always have been called Cruise CRITIC!  CRITIC as in sharing ones opinon of a product or whatever.

I sailed Grandeur of the Seas in 1997- the food was great- for all those meals they had to prepare it was stunningly so.

I switched to X and  Cunard- both are comparable- foodwise-  to the food one got on board a RCI ship back in the time. My humble opinon - of course.

I come back to RCI occasionally - up to the Brilliance Class- all others are not my kind of shoe. I love their Vision and Brilliance Class of ships... wonderful views out to the oceans with all those windows.

I know what to expect in the MDR- the buffet I avoid anyway- so I book the Specialty Restaurants every other day or so.

I think most of us agree the food is not what it used to be - that’s not why the OP is getting “flamed.”

28 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Why the OP get´s flammed when i criticises the food on RCI- WHICH HAS DECLINED- no question about it- is beyond me- these boards are still and always have been called Cruise CRITIC!  CRITIC as in sharing ones opinon of a product or whatever.......

I guess you haven't read her other posts/threads bashing Royal and praising how good Princess is. The funny thing is she praises Princess because of the pictures on their website or wherever she gets them. She assumes that the food tastes as good as the photo looks. She has NEVER even been on a Princess ship so that's laughable. I originally thought a child might have gotten into a parents account, but I guess not. She has posts that ramble on that some of us can't understand so she is entertaining. She also has posts deleted if she doesn't like them. 🤣 Stay around and enjoy reading.

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm sorry.

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm in the same boat (or is that ship) as ya'll. Most of the stuff I don't understand either and it's not for a lack of trying. 😁

48 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

........and head office can step it up!!

I think I'm going to die laughing. 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Here I thought it was only me.

My head is bleeding ftom the constant scratching.

Does anyone know what the OP really wants?

Oops, I just stained my pjs with butter from the popcorn. Any one else have a bowl?

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Say what? How did you screw Royal? Tell me more. 🤣 I guess you could call the next ship Stumbles Of The Seas if you had to much to drink. I'd pay to see that in rough seas. 😂

And that kind of helps people see how UGLY some people can be. If you shoved me to the ground hopefully a lot of people will see it!!

21 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

s-l16001.jpg

Looks like I can get a suite on that Princess cruise for $1574.00 and a balcony for $1161.00. I heard they also let you stack discounts so I would also get the military discount off of that price too.

Photo from their website for your prices.

20201027_000330.jpg