Royal Downgraded Food 2008 - 2020

13 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

And that kind of helps people see how UGLY some people can be. If you shoved me to the ground hopefully a lot of people will see it!!

What part of what I said was ugly? You're the one that said you screwed Royal and you're the one that said the next ship could be called Stumbles OTS.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Looks like I can get a suite on that Princess cruise for $1574.00 and a balcony for $1161.00. I heard they also let you stack discounts so I would also get the military discount off of that price too.

Photo from their website for your prices.

20201027_000330.jpg

Those two cruise are opposite season repos.

Which direction is more desireable?

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those two cruise are opposite season repos.

Which direction is more desireable?

I believe I'm quoting the Princess one she orginally posted. At least that's the only one that shows up on their site with the same info. I haven't checked what my prices would be for the Royal one. Our next overseas cruise will be a European one.

I'm not sure which one would be more desirable, but the Royal cruise has 2 more port stops than the Princess one. I think she forgot to take that into account along with other things when comparing them and prices. Have you sailed these itineraries? We haven't so I'm not familiar with them.

Edited by ReneeFLL
7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So true. I'd say the Westin is just average and the bar can be stumbled over. 🤣

What part of what I said was ugly? You're the one that said you screwed Royal and you're the one that said the next ship could be called Stumbles OTS.

🤣 I guess you could call the next ship Stumbles Of The Seas if you had to much to drink. I'd pay to see that in rough seas. 😂

Oh my goodness, seriously?? I may have a different opinion on food but you should be able to work through that! That’s true of so many things even outside of cruising and a good reminder to not want others to get hurt!! We have to be civilized once we RETURN to cruising!!

36 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Oh my goodness, seriously?? I may have a different opinion on food but you should be able to work through that! That’s true of so many things even outside of cruising and a good reminder to not want others to get hurt!! We have to be civilized once we RETURN to cruising!!

I don't need to work thru any opinion on food. You're the one that has the,food issues on Royal. Who's getting hurt? If you have your sea legs on you won't. 🐙🦑🤣

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don't need to work thru any opinion on food. You're the one that has the,food issues on Royal. Who's getting hurt? If you have your sea legs on you won't. 🐙🦑🤣

I think we can calm down a little right now. Also this is my warning - if you lay a hand on me or anyone else THE SHIP OFFICERS will know. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I think we can calm down a little right now. Also this is my warning - if you lay a hand on me or anyone else THE SHIP OFFICERS will know. Thank you!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙃🤣🤣

Thanks for the entertainment.

3 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

And that kind of helps people see how UGLY some people can be. If you shoved me to the ground hopefully a lot of people will see it!!

2 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

OP can I please ask you to reflect on these strange comments? Nobody is threatening you. Chill out.

Man you are hilarious. It's only Tuesday but this sounds more and more like a Friday night drunk thread. 

8 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Nope, I don't agree. I have a friend down in Houston right now (drives to Galveston REGULARLY) and she said they would choose a better line but she just doesn't feel comfortable with flying. It's crazy because Princess used to sail out of Houston and she preferred it BETTER!! Sounds like firefly333 understand this and head office can step it up!!

So it’s not really a complaint about the declining food quality (which I tend to agree with), it about not having more choices to sail out of Galveston...

M8

This is your best post!  I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

5 minutes ago, mek said:

This is your best post!  I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

And to think that this all started as a late night rant about spurious offspring, then mushed into drivel on finances and comparing old RCI ships to new Princess ships.  Now it has morphed into a huge food fight involving the "SHIP OFFICERS", the "WESTIN" hotels and Galveston ports. Houston we have a problem!

9 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

What's your obsession with thinking people are out to hurt you?

7 hours ago, snaefell said:

To think I have been saying that these forums are friendlier & more helpful than they used to be!😂

I think you're missing what's going on.

7 hours ago, snaefell said:

To think I have been saying that these forums are friendlier & more helpful than they used to be!😂

9 minutes ago, mek said:

I think you're missing what's going on.

Yes, the thread has had many past lives and screen names.  It's the thread that keeps on giving...

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

@ReneeFLL, sorry i did not read every post of the OP in the topic- you are right- maybe I should have stated it different.

This topic has indeed become very entertaining. I blame it to that bugger Covid19,  it really drives some to drink!

Don't feel bad. I felt the same way as you did at first, thinking the responses were the usual "don't you dare say anything bad about Royal".

Then I realized the OP has a certain history and now everything makes sense. 

7 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Man you are hilarious. It's only Tuesday but this sounds more and more like a Friday night drunk thread. 

I thought you were going to call it a friday night smack down. I decided OP was nuts when she started talking physical harm. 

Shhhh maybe if we dont feed the troll the thread will die. Shhhh. Tiptoe away

Has anyone else here ever held or voiced an opinion that was overwhelmingly disagreed with? Maybe it was the opinion itself, the context, the timing of voicing it, but regardless did you not find yourself thinking

"hmmm, everyone seems to disagree, I might go away and rethink things in case I've made a mistake"

rather than

"Everyone's against me, better double down, fire off some random accusations, and if in doubt put RANDOM words in caps"?

Show of hands...

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

And to think that this all started as a late night rant about spurious offspring, then mushed into drivel on finances and comparing old RCI ships to new Princess ships.  Now it has morphed into a huge food fight involving the "SHIP OFFICERS", the "WESTIN" hotels and Galveston ports. Houston we have a problem!

One of the problems in Houston is which airport to fly into, and then the question becomes whether to stay overnight near the hotel or go and stay in Galveston..

(I know what "Houston, we have a problem" refers to, but I thought I'd add some more off topic nonsense)

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙃🤣🤣

Thanks for the entertainment.

Except Christopher Robin is not amused.

24 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

Has anyone else here ever held or voiced an opinion that was overwhelmingly disagreed with? Maybe it was the opinion itself, the context, the timing of voicing it, but regardless did you not find yourself thinking

"hmmm, everyone seems to disagree, I might go away and rethink things in case I've made a mistake"

rather than

"Everyone's against me, better double down, fire off some random accusations, and if in doubt put RANDOM words in caps"?

Show of hands...

*** reluctantly raises hand. ***