Royal Downgraded Food 2008 - 2020

58 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

One of the problems in Houston is which airport to fly into, and then the question becomes whether to stay overnight near the hotel or go and stay in Galveston..

(I know what "Houston, we have a problem" refers to, but I thought I'd add some more off topic nonsense)

Well actually I took princess out of Galveston, not the new port in houston. Princess pulled out of Galveston maybe 15 years ago.

Idk if they ever went out of houston or not, but I took ncl out of the new houston port. It's in the middle of nowhere, nothing nearby is why I think it failed. Harder to get to the ocean? Idk why it was a failure. Ncl pulled out now too, just wasnt popular. 

Rcl decided to build a new terminal in Galveston when a whole new port sitting there in houston, so there must be reasons. 

Houston said build it, they will come  . .....

Btw if you mean Galveston, its Hobby that is closer, not IAH airport. But Houston too built a port for cruises. Right now it's no longer being used.

Edited by firefly333
4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I thought you were going to call it a friday night smack down. I decided OP was nuts when she started talking physical harm. 

Shhhh maybe if we dont feed the troll the thread will die. Shhhh. Tiptoe away

She came so far out of left field with the physical harm I wasn’t sure if she was serious, but I think maybe she is. Never, ever would I have even thought of harming someone. That totally isn’t me, not even in my head. Maybe there’s some history there? I hope not, but who knows.

I agree, time for me to say goodbye to this thread. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

She came so far out of left field with the physical harm I wasn’t sure if she was serious, but I think maybe she is. Never, ever would I have even thought of harming someone. That totally isn’t me, not even in my head. Maybe there’s some history there? I hope not, but who knows.

I agree, time for me to say goodbye to this thread. 

I know that I initially I laughed at her post, but she posted that last comment as if all of us were actually on a cruise with her. Obviously she has problems, so you are probably right.

Edited by mek
3 hours ago, mek said:

I know that I initially I laughed at her post, but she posted that last comment as if all of us were actually on a cruise with her. Obviously she has problems, so you are probably right.

I think it just sounded odd asking people to fall so that they get hurt but if you've got your identity too wrapped in RCL - there is a lot at stake here! Seriously, I get it. Really thinking of blocking a couple people at this point!!

9 hours ago, Smiles1984 said:

Has anyone else here ever held or voiced an opinion that was overwhelmingly disagreed with? Maybe it was the opinion itself, the context, the timing of voicing it, but regardless did you not find yourself thinking

"hmmm, everyone seems to disagree, I might go away and rethink things in case I've made a mistake"

rather than

"Everyone's against me, better double down, fire off some random accusations, and if in doubt put RANDOM words in caps"?

Show of hands...

Umm, that is not how I judge food - but I'm sure half a dozen loyals here WANT IT TO BE! A few people majority, seriously??

I'm one of those people that can't help but read the reviews and sometimes it's a hard reality. Besides I can't just turn my taste buds off. I'm saying RCL is struggling to keep up - even up to NCL and Carnival - there's no question they are - but as long as people are fine with mac and cheese upgrades, RCL will keep the ferris wheel food coming!!

Edited by Beeline Cruiser
8 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I don't get it. This is a corporate video, what do you expect they'll show. 🤣🤣🤣

And FWIW, it wasn't that impressive anyway. 

And they showed the same scene 3 times😉

No details on sides, no testimonials. 

You really need to try harder if you want to get folks on your side

Edited by John&LaLa
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And FWIW, it wasn't that impressive anyway

That's not suppose to work, John&Lala, for people who prefer carnival foods! That’s awesome if that's what you like but it should be free!! I hope new cruisers and head office see what is wrong, otherwise just look at review voter results!!

41 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

It really must have been fantastic quality back then!! If head office even brought HALF that back how could I resist??

But when you look at fares, they have drastically reduced from 90’s fares and even 00’s. Are you willing to pay old rates based on inflation to have that same quality of food?

As I mentioned earlier to you, I agree the food quality has gone down. Having said that, I’m like the lower rates over the food quality. I mean it’s not all horrible. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But when you look at fares, they have drastically reduced from 90’s fares and even 00’s. Are you willing to pay old rates based on inflation to have that same quality of food?

M8

That is not a stupid question! I'm torn so yes and no! Although a better answer in the middle - 2008 prices and 2008 quality!

17 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

That's not suppose to work, John&Lala, for people who prefer carnival foods! That’s awesome if that's what you like but it should be free!! I hope new cruisers and head office see what is wrong, otherwise just look at review voter results!!

Well, I guess Princess has you sold hook line and sinker.

I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.  PT Barnum

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As I mentioned earlier to you, I agree the food quality has gone down. Having said that, I’m like the lower rates over the food quality. I mean it’s not all horrible. 

M8

We are doing 14 night Crossing on Harmony in about 1 year. Less than $1,000 all in for solo central park balconies. Good price. I can add ultimate dining pkg for around $250 pp. Good value in my book. 

All the mac n cheese I could ever want😉

1 hour ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

I think it just sounded odd asking people to fall so that they get hurt but if you've got your identity too wrapped in RCL - there is a lot at stake here! Seriously, I get it. Really thinking of blocking a couple people at this point!!

What exactly do you think is at stake?

34 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Beeline - I've been on about 69 cruises, Royal, Princess, X, ................  They all have good  and not so good food and everything in between.

You are constantly comparing Princess to Royal but you haven't even sailed with them.  OK to dislike Royal food but don't compare it with something you personally haven't experienced.

What exactly do you want new cruisers to know?  Please explain. And again, not sure what world you are in, but new cruisers simply aren't happening right now.

Review results?  Now that's funny - so subjective, especially when t comes to food.

29 minutes ago, mek said:

Please explain. And again, not sure what world you are in, but new cruisers simply aren't happening right now.

Review results?  Now that's funny - so subjective, especially when t comes to food.

Shame because the bookings are open! And sometimes I forget that RCL mainly only attracts FIRST TIME CRUISERS!! Ugh unfortunately and I see the other forums are getting newbie interests from other lines!! Yeah if it were like 12 years ago reviews would be better. RCL needs a little upscale luxury because people are going to keep checking reviews!

24 minutes ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Shame because the bookings are open! And sometimes I forget that RCL mainly only attracts FIRST TIME CRUISERS!! Ugh unfortunately and I see the other forums are getting newbie interests from other lines!! Yeah if it were like 12 years ago reviews would be better. RCL needs a little upscale luxury because people are going to keep checking reviews!

Guess you didn't read the reviews from 12 years ago because honestly I think they were more negative back then than now.  There were big changes between 2001 - 2010 - long time cruisers were not happy.

Upscale luxury - what does that mean to you?

9 minutes ago, mek said:

Guess you didn't read the reviews from 12 years ago because honestly I think they were more negative back then than now.  There were big changes between 2001 - 2010 - long time cruisers were not happy.

Upscale luxury - what does that mean to you?

Yeah? Trying to look back at how things were reviewed and I completely disagree. And those are their words AFTER all the downgrades you are talking about!! They are not all positive, but yes, better than NOW.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?ShipID=83&action=ship&page=42

Really, more big changes are coming 2021 - 2030 if the cheer crowd doesn't put their foot in the sand!!

5 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

This is nonsense. Grow up.

3 hours ago, Beeline Cruiser said:

Yeah? Trying to look back at how things were reviewed and I completely disagree. And those are their words AFTER all the downgrades you are talking about!! They are not all positive, but yes, better than NOW.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?ShipID=83&action=ship&page=42

Really, more big changes are coming 2021 - 2030 if the cheer crowd doesn't put their foot in the sand!!

Tsk, tsk, tsk.   Mixing your metaphors.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

And FWIW, it wasn't that impressive anyway. 

And they showed the same scene 3 times😉

I agree... using promo / marketing material isn’t exactly reflective of the actual food from any restaurant. With that said... here’s some photos from the steak house on Princess. The steakhouse experience on Princess is pretty good and the experience is different than that of Chops. But in the end, just like Chops, there isn’t anything memorable. The one thing I like more about Princess’ Crown Grill or Sterling Steakhouse is the different salt selection... however,  I much preferred the lobster, starters, and sides selection at Chops, the meat is pretty much on par and varied from cruise to cruise. I do like the Truffle Fries at Chops more than the garlic fries on Princess... the fries at Chops are crispier and aren’t floppy and soggy. 

A4AC4B1C-C147-4985-8485-13BBC68F0D7D.jpeg

274175DC-BD64-4632-9853-7E317B71D1E5.jpeg

3705BBEC-EF69-488C-B679-6ED2C825CC37.jpeg

93F08BF6-81E1-453A-AF02-7E8D289A845E.jpeg

DCB82D94-65E8-4565-801C-78DC85C5EBA3.png

Edited by SkaterJasp