Info from Riveria Crew member

GICNJC

29 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I'm on-board Riviera actually, we are on Dry Dock on Genova, and maybe started again on January 2021 (Nothing is Confirmed Yet) 
....but Pandemic is coming back again...🙃

So your onboard in Genova? We had 3b2b2b2b cruises which we were starting 3/11 and got off 3/15 and had to fly home!😢 Miss Riviera so much! Please stay safe

and I pray you all get through this and back to a REAL CRUISING SOON! We will be on her doing a 17 day Caribbean cruise 2/22! Thank you for checking in here!!

Past Grand Master👍 My father also was one in the order too!!

Safe travels to you too!

Denise😊

I am from San Diego California! 
This is our sunset this evening from our house. 
image.thumb.jpeg.f763654d005efee6f627e47ee57fa5ad.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GICNJC said:

I am not on board.  It was a post from  crew member  on a staff Facebook group I follow.

I do support and agree with your offered sentiments for the staff.

Oh my! Well I am glad to have met you!

Have a good evening and Thankyou!

Denise😊

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

So your onboard in Genova? We had 3b2b2b2b cruises which we were starting 3/11 and got off 3/15 and had to fly home!😢 Miss Riviera so much! Please stay safe

and I pray you all get through this and back to a REAL CRUISING SOON! ....

Denise😊

I am from San Diego California! 
This is our sunset this evening from our house. 
image.thumb.jpeg.f763654d005efee6f627e47ee57fa5ad.jpeg

Thanks for posting this lovely photo, Denise. I am very sorry to read how much Riviera cruise time you missed earlier this year.  We were so very fortunate to be disembarking Riviera on March 11 in Miami, flying home just when COVID-19 began to affect us here in Cincinnati.  

We arrived home on a Wednesday afternoon, and I had my very first Zoom meeting on Thursday.  I never even had heard of Zoom before then! 

• Like 1

DeeniEncinitas

We are a little inland from you, it was a great day. Finally the heat is gone.  We all miss the cruises but the crews are really in our thoughts. I won't say we take them for granted because there are so many that we all know, appreciate and respect, but in a situation like this they seem to become disposable.  I can only hope they can make it through this until jobs open up again. I would encourage everyone to increase your remuneration (tips) when we can cruise again.  These folks have lost a lot.

• Like 2