Jump to content

How many of you haven't cancelled your December bookings yet?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I've read many comments of folks cancelling their December bookings, and I'm wondering how many of you still plan to go ahead and make final payment if you haven't already

Mine was cancelled months ago.  Had to rebook for 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, retrembl said:

Mine was cancelled months ago.  Had to rebook for 2021

referring to cruises after 12/15 ( pause 4 )

 

yeah with the 60 days prior to sail date, final payment due .. looks like Princess is gonna let final pass, collect whatever money it can, then cancel - with only the FCC bonus of 25% - not anywhere near the double deposit up to cruise fare for cruise not paid in full 🍻

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went ahead and paid final for a Dec 19 2020 booking on the Royal. I will cancel 30 days in advance (Nov 19) if Princess doesn't cancel first. I used a Princess gift card and FCC's from a cancelled cruise so no money outlaid. I don't know if Princess does cancel if they'll give 125% to me having used FCC's but I'm willing to find out. The ship doesn't look like it's even 25% booked and it's a Christmas cruise which usually sells out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Katwoman007 said:

We have not officially canceled, but we are certainly NOT paying. I seriously could not find the cancel button, so we will see what happens when our date is up, tomorrow. haha

 

There is no cancel button online. You must call, and then they'll most likely want an email from you so they can have it in writing.

 

If you don't cancel, don't they automatically charge the card on record? That's what my TA does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

 

There is no cancel button online. You must call, and then they'll most likely want an email from you so they can have it in writing.

 

If you don't cancel, don't they automatically charge the card on record? That's what my TA does.


No travel agent here. I do not see a credit card on file, on my account?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was final payment day for January 2021 Panama Canal 15 day FTL to SFO. We cancelled.

 

Princess was good enough to refund the $521 non-refundable deposit, which is nice. I think that this was in alignment with their revised cancellation policy around Covid, but I'm not sure.

 

See you in 2022, hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I believe that they keep your credit card number on file, so they'll just charge whatever card you gave them earlier.

 

I'd like to think that they cannot charge your card without authorization.  I would hope that they just cancel for non-payment.  They should refund your refundable deposit, and, hopefully (see post #12) any non-refundable deposit.  A happy customer is a return customer, a gouged customer is an ex-customer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I believe that they keep your credit card number on file, so they'll just charge whatever card you gave them earlier.

 


no, they will not charge your card without authorization. you will have your cruise cancelled. The travel summary & payment has this written in it. See your personalizer. 
 

best to call them and ask for refund of deposit before final payment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dog said:


no, they will not charge your card without authorization. you will have your cruise cancelled. The travel summary & payment has this written in it. See your personalizer. 
 

best to call them and ask for refund of deposit before final payment. 

Thank you for the correction, and yes, it’s always good to call and let them know you’re cancelling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We paid for our cruise and hope that it will not get cancelled.  It would be our first Christmas cruise and have been looking forward to it for some time.  We are good with the new procedures they have in place and are young enough with no medical issues that would cause us concern if we did catch the virus.  I wouldn't be surprised if the cruise was cancelled, but until we get notified, we will keep on hoping it will be a go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

The TA we use always calls and takes a credit card number on balance due date. They do not keep it on file.

 

The invoices from my TA state in the terms that they will automatically charge the balance due to the credit card on file.

They also make the final payment date a week earlier than the actual due date in an effort to prevent any errors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CCFC said:

Made final payment for our 20th December cruise on Caribbean Princess, hoping it goes ahead still.

 

Us too!  Made our final payment, completed online checkin, ready to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, radman75 said:

We paid for our cruise and hope that it will not get cancelled.  It would be our first Christmas cruise and have been looking forward to it for some time.  We are good with the new procedures they have in place and are young enough with no medical issues 


I was not aware of new procedures being published for North American departures. Are you referring to the procedures being used on the few sailings in Europe and the future sailings to nowhere from Singapore?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Canceled New Year cruise and also TA in May.  Princess is refunding our FCD to our credit card with no hesitation.  Will be surprised if our summer Med cruise is a go.  We are also hoping that Northern Europe will be open to US citizens by summer so we can visit part of our family there which we will probably fly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwtravel said:


I was not aware of new procedures being published for North American departures. Are you referring to the procedures being used on the few sailings in Europe and the future sailings to nowhere from Singapore?

Probably referring to health procedures posted on Princess website and there are other threads on here about Covid- changes. Masks etc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...