Lift and Shift

CruisinRoxy

Since final payment was due yesterday, we went ahead and did the L&S to 4/11/22.  Could've moved to 4 nights, which would've been OK since originally the sailings was 4 nights (we were moved because our sailings was chartered).  

The confusion with my TA being told we could move to a 7-night Reflection was that she had two different groups.  Whomever she was speaking with was only looking at the options for those who were on a 7-night sailing.

Waiting for my revised invoice to be sure we retained the fantastic fare and perks we got on this one.  X was already at the very top range of my cruise budget, which is why I haven't sailed yet.  With the switch to AI, and the resultant higher fares, I doubt I'll be able to afford X in the future (w/o a special deal like we got).  Well, I could afford it but it's more important to me to sail more frequently rather than once a year.

Was so looking forward to finally sailing Celebrity.  Oh well.  Must be patient.  At least things hopefully may be back to being a little more "normal" by then.

I did the "Lift & Shift" quite a while ago to move my BTB Sept Mediterranean cruises on Constellation from 2020 to 2021.  Now I am thinking I'd like to move them to 2022. Connie still has virtually the same schedule, but I see the "fine print" in Celebrity's terms says that you can only L&S once.

Does anyone think they will consider changing that as we go into Year 2 of cancelled cruises?  Or has anyone had success doing a second L&S?

The T&C also state that the new sailing must start before 5/4/2022.   I doubt they will allow.  The only way I would think it would be allowed is if they have to cancel your sailing for this year.  If that's the case they have more serious things to worry about than L&S

We had a cruise booked on Apex in February 2021, our travel agent submitted (12/4) our lift & shift request to move us to 2022 on the same ship and itinerary. We have not received any update regarding rebooking us.

How long has it taken for others to have Celebrity confirm the new date & cabin they were assigned?

Thank you!

Edited by ultramax12

Have you checked your future sailings on your online Celebrity account?  That's usually the first indication it has been processed.  Otherwise have your TA check on it.   I had one take 3 weeks and another take 4 hrs.   It seems to have been getting better as time goes on.

1 hour ago, ultramax12 said:

We had a cruise booked on Apex in February 2021, our travel agent submitted (12/4) our lift & shift request to move us to 2022 on the same ship and itinerary. We have not received any update regarding rebooking us.

How long has it taken for others to have Celebrity confirm the new date & cabin they were assigned?

Thank you!

Our L&S was confirmed immediately. I phoned my TA and explained exactly what we wanted and waited on hold while she phoned Celebrity. She came back on the line and said that the change had been made, and I received written confirmation later the same day. I don't recall how long it took to be reflected on the website, but no longer than a day or two. 

This was early in the days of the L&S program, when there were probably fewer requests being made, but  16 days seems extreme. You should get your TA to chase Celebrity if the change isn't reflected on the website in your future sailings.

We were booked on a April 21 cruise and early last weekend  I did the L & S to April 22.

We  book with a TA but I just used the L & S link on the website rather than bother our TA and our new cruise showed up on line in less than 24 hrs.  Did the same for a Feb 20 cruise a couple of months ago and had the new cruise show up within 24 hours.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

We were booked on a April 21 cruise and early last weekend  I did the L & S to April 22.

We  book with a TA but I just used the L & S link on the website rather than bother our TA and our new cruise showed up on line in less than 24 hrs.  Did the same for a Feb 20 cruise a couple of months ago and had the new cruise show up within 24 hours.

I also have 2 cruises on the books.  One was from a L&S for Aug 2021 and another for April 2022 which was new booking recently made by us.  The L&S was in my on-line account by the end of the day. 

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you checked your future sailings on your online Celebrity account?  That's usually the first indication it has been processed.  Otherwise have your TA check on it.   I had one take 3 weeks and another take 4 hrs.   It seems to have been getting better as time goes on.

Yes I did check our future sailings on our online Celebrity account and it's still showing our original  2/2021 cruise.

One issue may be we have a Sunset Veranda cabin (AFT), so availability might be an issue.

I'll reach out to our TA again tomorrow, I just didn't want to be a pest, I know the cruise lines are scrambling to re-book passengers.

Thank you for all of the replies!

Hoping as time goes by, they will move the May 2022 sailing date further out.  I had been waiting on the 2022 Europe sailings to post.  We have a June 26 Norway 7 day and they do have the same basic sailing on the same ship but 3 weeks later in 2022.  Same room come up a little over $2000 more for 3 in a Sky Suite.

12 hours ago, kayakcove said:

Hoping as time goes by, they will move the May 2022 sailing date further out.  I had been waiting on the 2022 Europe sailings to post.  We have a June 26 Norway 7 day and they do have the same basic sailing on the same ship but 3 weeks later in 2022.  Same room come up a little over $2000 more for 3 in a Sky Suite.

Have the same situation. Booked on The Connie May 17 Greek Island 10 day. Waiting like you for the L&S to move out another month before final payment. $1500 more on the 2022 sailing with lest OBC.

Will cancel and book Odyssey of the Seas 9 day out of Rome and save $2500. Have a September Eclipse Alaska sailing  which I will cancel and move to Princess. Marketing 101, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay! I like Celebrity however I do not see the value when considering these new price schedules. 

Have a May 2021 Alaska cruise.  Attempted to L&S to 2022 but request denied because no same itinerary sails before May 4!!!!  I still wonder if the 2021 cruises will go but since I’ve already had four cruises cancelled with the “opportunity” for prevailing rates with pitiful OBC while I lose rate and benefits including booking on board obc, I am ready to pull the plug on Celebrity.  We are Elite+, not that that counts for much anymore.  The new prevailing rates are way too high—why pay $600 to $1,000 pp more for the dames perks and no obc?

35 minutes ago, PRH said:

Have a May 2021 Alaska cruise.  Attempted to L&S to 2022 but request denied because no same itinerary sails before May 4!!!!  I still wonder if the 2021 cruises will go but since I’ve already had four cruises cancelled with the “opportunity” for prevailing rates with pitiful OBC while I lose rate and benefits including booking on board obc, I am ready to pull the plug on Celebrity.  We are Elite+, not that that counts for much anymore.  The new prevailing rates are way too high—why pay $600 to $1,000 pp more for the dames perks and no obc?

Yea L&S to Alaska will be difficult as that season usually starts after May 4th.

My situation continues to be a May 14th 9 day on the Equinox in the Carribbean.  There is literally the exact same cruise on April 15th . . . but they are being stingy about it being 29 days earlier instead of the required 28 days or less (4 weeks).  I mean I didn't want to do that date to be honest but I would have.  So now when the 2022 Carribbean schedule officially is unveiled, I'm hopeful there is a cruise that fits.  Will for sure cancel if it isn't given by final payment.

2 hours ago, PRH said:

while I lose rate and benefits including booking on board obc,

While I understand you are not interested in booking at prevailing rates but I want to make sure you know that if you were to move the reservation to another sailing date you would still retain the book onboard status and it's associated OBC based on the stateroom category and number of days.   Any promo perks are lost.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, ultramax12 said:

Thank you!

I reached out to our TA yesterday and she called Celebrity, they said they did receive the L&S request on 12/4 but had no idea why it hadn't been processed. Maybe our TA dropped the ball, not sure...

So we got moved to a March 2022 date and was able to get a Sunset Veranda, while not on the deck we preferred I guess we can't be too picky during these challenging times.

Thank you for all the responses!