The CDC and it's No Sail order

Oulton Jim

October 31st doesn't matter. All cruise lines in the US have canceled until Dec 1. Nothing will happen until after the election. The outcome will determine the next delay. If it goes one way, it will be month-to-month delays. If it goes another, the CDC will shut it down until Feb 15th and reassess from there.

4 hours ago, bigrednole said:

October 31st doesn't matter. All cruise lines in the US have canceled until Dec 1. Nothing will happen until after the election. The outcome will determine the next delay. If it goes one way, it will be month-to-month delays. If it goes another, the CDC will shut it down until Feb 15th and reassess from there.

Note...this is opinion and speculation. There is no facts to back this up.

I believe that most people, assuming that cruises are operating, will make a go/no go decision on the basis of how comfortable they feel about cruising.  Their respective levels of comfort may or may not align with any CDC recommendations.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Note...this is opinion and speculation. There is no facts to back this up.

Name 1 cruise line that will sail prior to Dec 1?

Tell me what meeting or announcement is coming from the CDC before Nov 3?

As for month-to-month vs Feb 15th, if you think that is speculation, then you are not too bright.

Just now, bigrednole said:

As for month-to-month vs Feb 15th, if you think that is speculation, then you are not too bright.

Well, the CDC hold expires Oct 31, so an announcement will need to be made before the election.

Your theories are based on who wins the election, not on the existing schedule. 

You will note I didn't personally attack you.

• Like 2

It's been reported that with the current ban extension the CDC had wanted it to extend into Feb 2021 and was overruled by higher authority. If this is so I would not expect a lifting of the ban before next year.

It would not surprise me if the CDC did not announce an extension until Nov 4.

56 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

MSC has been sailing since August 16th, there is one cruise line.

14 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

MSC has been sailing since August 16th, there is one cruise line.

Of course, given the new restrictions on travel and gatherings generally being imposed in France, Spain and Italy (among other countries in Europe) in response to the severe upturn in infections, I would not bet heavily on the likelihood that MSC, or other lines, will continue to sail in coming weeks.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:05 AM, Oulton Jim said:

Has the CDC made a decision on what will be happening after the 31st October? 

Given that the last extension was not published in the federal register until after close of business on the last day of the order, I don't expect the CDC to announce any further delays until the 31st.  And, based on the use of a "request for information" period, which is a requirement before federal regulations change, I would suspect that the requirements of the no sail order will become permanent federal regulations in November.  So, while a "no sail" order may not exist past Oct 31st, the requirements which must be met to sail will remain the same.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LocoLoco1 said:

Let’s say the CDC lifts the No-sail order by Nov. of 2020. But what if Mexico, Barbados, Aruba, Japan and ??? say, ‘Not here..’. Round n Round in circles off Miami or Seattle?? Not with me aboard. 

They can't do a cruise to nowhere. It's illegal. They have to find at least one foreign port willing to accept cruise ships and their passengers in order to cruise. 

6 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

PVSA actually. 

Not even PVSA. The workers would need much more expensive visas to work that cruise, and the cruise lines are not willing to pay that price. But the PVSA does not make it illegal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Not even PVSA. The workers would need much more expensive visas to work that cruise, and the cruise lines are not willing to pay that price. But the PVSA does not make it illegal.

Not only are work visas more expensive, but the numbers available are limited, there are restrictions on why the foreign worker is needed, and the cruise line basically accepts sponsorship of the worker for the time they are in the US (fiscally and criminally).

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

All major cruise lines have islands in the Bahamas. 

But those islands have to follow Bahamian law, and the Bahamas has just entered Phase 3 of opening on 10/15, and will not accept cruise passengers until they are in Phase 4.