Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

36 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

They are still working on it.  My PCC at HAL hadn’t been notified when I contacted him.  They have to wait until the inventory people (or whoever is doing this)  advise them.  You could try to contact whomever you booked through to ask maybe.  

That is a definite downgrade.  I bet they are still figuring out your refund but I think they won’t be done until end of the month.  

I’m trying to be patient until the end of the month but it’s hard! 

'

If you log in to the HAL site, click manage your bookings you should see your state room, no need to wait for your PCC.

right before you go to book anything your cabin number is there.

My assignment is not a cabin I would choose nor one for my sister.  I'm glad we have switched cruises.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

'

If you log in to the HAL site, click manage your bookings you should see your state room, no need to wait for your PCC.

right before you go to book anything your cabin number is there.

My assignment is not a cabin I would choose nor one for my sister.  I'm glad we have switched cruises.

I did all that and it’s showing as an AA guarantee.  That’s why I emailed my PCC telling him a guarantee isn’t what we booked nor would I accept a cabin forward or aft which AA is in several different locations on the Volendam.    We booked a specific VA cabin on the  Zuiderdam which was mid ship and told him we would cancel if we are eventually assigned a cabin that is far forward or far aft on the Volendam.

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I did all that and it’s showing as an AA guarantee.  That’s why I emailed my PCC telling him a guarantee isn’t what we booked nor would I accept a cabin forward or aft which AA is in several different locations on the Volendam.    We booked a specific VA cabin on the  Zuiderdam which was mid ship and told him we would cancel if we are eventually assigned a cabin that is far forward or far aft on the Volendam.

Wow, I am surprised you are still in limbo.

My sister was in a VB (the nice double wide verandah) and was assigned way aft - like way aft.   Not a cabin I would want by any means.  

I am starting to think HAL is assigning the worst cabins to those of us they  think they are moving over.

But, I am probably suffering from covid fatigue tonight.  I am fussy on cabins on the S & R ships and I wouldn’t choose hers nor mine - especially for a transatlantic.  Glad we are moving to the other cruise even though I love the smaller ships 😉 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

My sister was in a VB (the nice double wide verandah) and was assigned way aft - like way aft.   Not a cabin I would want by any means.  

I am starting to think HAL is assigning the worst cabins to those of us they  think they are moving over.

But, I am probably suffering from covid fatigue tonight.  I am fussy on cabins on the S & R ships and I wouldn’t choose hers nor mine - especially for a transatlantic.  Glad we are moving to the other cruise even though I love the smaller ships 😉 

I should have probably moved when you guys did but instead booked the Tahiti cruise if Europe falls apart on us again.  I’m kind of being stubborn in that I want to see where they will place us.  If happy, we will stay.  If not, we will cancel since we have a long time until final payment I’m in no hurry.  I do know I will be quite upset at HAL and my PCC if we aren’t given a cabin mid ship like I originally booked.  

We are also fussy on where our cabin is which of course that means you usually pay more instead of taking a guarantee.  I’m ok with that but won’t accept something I consider not equal to what I originally booked.  I don’t care if they’re calling it a vista suite, it isn’t a suite in my opinion.  If they think they’re doing us a favour, they can think again.  They created this mess.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

Since they seem to be assigning both those who originally booked Signataure Suites AND Standard Verandah rooms on Zuiderdam into Vista Suites on Volendam they have to give give room location priority to those who originally had Signature Suites.  

I have to wonder if HAL would not have been better to cancel everyone who was booked on Zuiderdam.  Open the new sailings on Volendam and then give a rebooking offer to all affected - more generous if booking Volendam over other ships in Europe for 2022 perhaps. It still would have pissed of a bunch of folks who booked early with additional benefits, but it would have also saved them all the cabin assignment drama they are sure to be dealing with.  

There was really never going to be a good answer due to the significant differences from Zuiderdam to Volendam. Also notice there have been ZERO post from those originally on Volendam in Alaska being moved to Zuiderdam - that speaks volumes!!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Since they seem to be assigning both those who originally booked Signataure Suites AND Standard Verandah rooms on Zuiderdam into Vista Suites on Volendam they have to give give room location priority to those who originally had Signature Suites.  

I have to wonder if HAL would not have been better to cancel everyone who was booked on Zuiderdam.  Open the new sailings on Volendam and then give a rebooking offer to all affected - more generous if booking Volendam over other ships in Europe for 2022 perhaps. It still would have pissed of a bunch of folks who booked early with additional benefits, but it would have also saved them all the cabin assignment drama they are sure to be dealing with.  

There was really never going to be a good answer due to the significant differences from Zuiderdam to Volendam. Also notice there have been ZERO post from those originally on Volendam in Alaska being moved to Zuiderdam - that speaks volumes!!

Your suggestion is what made sense to me.  Keep the booking open for 2 days and offer us an incentive to stay or move.

Most of us on our itinerary would have saved them a lot of assignments 😉 

anyone on the Volendam originally switched to the Zuiderdam would have scored in cabin assignments, I think.  The reverse is not so true especially for categories that don’t exist on the Volendam, like the Signature Suites.

These cruises are caught in the 7+ day conundrum with CDC so HAL would have been dammed if the did and dammed if they didn’t since none of the others would have been available to book.

I don’t think there is a right answer here.  I thought there was until the CDC protocol came down and I suspect HAL knew it before we did.  Just a guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Your suggestion is what made sense to me.  Keep the booking open for 2 days and offer us an incentive to stay or move.

Most of us on our itinerary would have saved them a lot of assignments 😉 

anyone on the Volendam originally switched to the Zuiderdam would have scored in cabin assignments, I think.  The reverse is not so true especially for categories that don’t exist on the Volendam, like the Signature Suites.

These cruises are caught in the 7+ day conundrum with CDC so HAL would have been dammed if the did and dammed if they didn’t since none of the others would have been available to book.

I don’t think there is a right answer here.  I thought there was until the CDC protocol came down and I suspect HAL knew it before we did.  Just a guess.

Only the transatlantic sailings are affected by the CDC rulings. All other European sailings are not subject to their jurisdiction and will still be bookable.  Please understand that the order ONLY applies to sailings to, from, or visiting, a US port.

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Only the transatlantic sailings are affected by the CDC rulings. All other European sailings are not subject to their jurisdiction and will still be bookable.  Please understand that the order ONLY applies to sailings to, from, or visiting, a US port.

Oh I totally know and get that.

Forgive me if my focus is on OUR cruise which is the frozen one.  My apologies for being so selfish.  Most people posting here are the ones affected by the frozen cruises.   Many were on my roll call.

I didn’t mean to cause disinformation by any means.  

No biggie we are only on day 17 waiting 😖 

We were booked on a 24 day cruise Venice to Rome, leaving Sept. 11, on the Zuiderdam category VE almost mid ship.  As we have been been changed to the Volendam we have been given now a guarantee BC on deck 7 which I have read is the preferred deck. Never sailed HAL before but the itenerary is a must & it has not changed. Have been reading the comments. Can someone explain guarentee, what you think of these aft rooms & should I request a different cabin. For the money we paid I think this is a downgrade 

7 minutes ago, NIkkiGR said:

For the money we paid I think this is a downgrade 

A BC on the Volendam is an improvement over a VE on the Zuiderdam. It's a larger cabin, for one thing. Aft is much better than far forward, IMO, since there is less motion in rougher seas. 

16 hours ago, canadianbear said:

They are still working on it.  My PCC at HAL hadn’t been notified when I contacted him.  

You could try to contact whomever you booked through to ask maybe. 

Our PCC no longer works for HAL. I'm sure we have been assigned a replacement but don't know who it is. We like our new cabin as far as Vista Suites go but it's not a Signature Suite like we had and I expect some compensation for the downgrade.

Edited by kevingastreich

32 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Our PCC no longer works for HAL. I'm sure we have been assigned a replacement but don't know who it is. We like our new cabin as far as Vista Suites go but it's not a Signature Suite like we had and I expect some compensation for the downgrade.

I’d phone HAL and ask who your new PCC is and contact her/him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

I’d phone HAL and ask who your new PCC is and contact her/him.

Our old HAL PCC (who was great and we loved) actually moved to a different travel agency several months ago. We are contemplating transferring our booking over to him and see what he can do. Back in the day, he was actually a HAL Cruise Director too . 

18 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Our old HAL PCC (who was great and we loved) actually moved to a different travel agency several months ago. We are contemplating transferring our booking over to him and see what he can do. Back in the day, he was actually a HAL Cruise Director too . 

From what I understand you only have 60 days to transfer.  Plus you have to fill out a form from HAL as well to transfer. 

25 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

From what I understand you only have 60 days to transfer.  Plus you have to fill out a form from HAL as well to transfer. 

Thanks, the new booking number was issued yesterday so I only have 59 days left. If there is a form involved, I'm sure he knows about it. We are still waiting for HAL to make an offer first.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Thanks, the new booking number was issued yesterday so I only have 59 days left. If there is a form involved, I'm sure he knows about it. We are still waiting for HAL to make an offer first.

I believe that YOU have to call the World Cruise LIne Reservation number to request the form and complete it.  I think the request has to come from you.  Since the new system came into play, I haven’t bothered and book directly with my TA so I am just going on what people reported and what I was told when I inquired.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zelker said:

Here’s the link to the form (don’t worry that it’s from a big box store, it’s a generic form)...

http://costco-travel-us.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/10957/1554993860/redirect/1/filename/HAL Reservation Transfer Request Form.pdf

So since you provided the form if we want to transfer from HAL do we still have to contact the World Cruise line reservation dept?  

Just now, canadianbear said:

So since you provided the form if we want to transfer from HAL do we still have to contact the World Cruise line reservation dept?  

Sorry....hit sent too quickly. Or can we fill it out and then email to them?  Thanks for the form. 

6 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

The fax number provided on the form is for the World Cruise line reservation department (same place we send our CCL OBC to).

They don’t like email for privacy & confidentiality reasons. But there are fax apps or links that let you email but it is like a fax.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

The fax number provided on the form is for the World Cruise line reservation department (same place we send our CCL OBC to).

They don’t like email for privacy & confidentiality reasons. But there are fax apps or links that let you email but it is like a fax.

Thanks!   

I always email ours (to HAL and Seabourn) for agency transfers and proof of stock.  They've never said a word.  When I email it, I copy my travel agent so she knows it's coming.  The transfer usually happens within 24 hours.  You should receive an autoreply email that acknowledges they got it and then another email when it's completed.

PS - I fill the form out online, sign it with the "pen" function in the online editor, save the file as a PDF, and attach that to the email.  If you don't know how to do all that, fill it out by hand, scan it to a PDF and then email it ... whichever is easier for you.

Edited by zelker

23 minutes ago, zelker said:

I always email ours (to HAL and Seabourn) for agency transfers and proof of stock.  They've never said a word.  When I email it, I copy my travel agent so she knows it's coming.  The transfer usually happens within 24 hours.  You should receive an autoreply email that acknowledges they got it and then another email when it's completed.

PS - I fill the form out online, sign it with the "pen" function in the online editor, save the file as a PDF, and attach that to the email.  If you don't know how to do all that, fill it out by hand, scan it to a PDF and then email it ... whichever is easier for you.

That is easier for me than figuring out the fax on the iPhone.   I’ll try that in future when I don’t use a PCC.   Thank you.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zelker said:

Can you actually print it out, complete and sign it and drop it in the mail? The USPS? Thanks.

Just now, kevingastreich said:

Can you actually print it out, complete and sign it and drop it in the mail? The USPS? Thanks.

Sorry but I have no idea as I've always done it electronically.  I'd call or email the World Cruise desk to ask them,